• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Reportedly Wants To Give Redfall A “Redemption Arc”

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Gamers aren’t asking for a redemption arc for this one. Just forget it.

People wanted one with no man’s sky, ff14, and rainbow six siege.

RedFall is forgotten about unless someone necros shit about it, and when it is , it’s from the devs/game industry folks.

Let it die. Save the $ and invest it into a better game.

1616692791-picsart-03-07-10-01-04.jpg

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Smart move. They should keep a team on it and release a big update once a year every October for Halloween. This is definitely the type of game people will come back to check out with friends.

GloveSlap

I have game pass so if they keep at it I might check it out eventually. Fighting vampires is a decent premise for a game, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Xbox is the last good one that I can remember playing.

As of right now, it's not worth the time or hard drive space.

MarkMe2525

If No Man's Sky can turn into what it has, Redfall absolutely has a chance if they were really serious about investing in the game. Redfall has better bones, for what its worth, than No Mans Sky did at launch. I don't think they have the balls to really go for it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I actually tried it. I found it very off-putting that the first friendly survivor you see is a rather hideous pregnant woman...like "I'm about to blow" kinda pregnant waddling around in a cutscene that's basically a montage of how they fixed up a fire station that had literally nothing wrong with it aside from the one vampire you had to kill there and a dead body. Like what are you cleaning up? You can literally eat off the floors it's so clean.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
What a fine example of mismanagement in action this first party game is proving to be.
It depends. With the glorious Microsoft->Xbox->Bethesda->Arkane->Arkane team that is doing Redfall the clusterfuck must have been headache inducing. Who is responsible for the mistakes? For me it was Xbox job to stop it in time but better to fix the game than to let it die once it is out.
I have a feeling Xbox is going to be a living example of the sunk cost fallacy for years to come.
Microsoft had quite a few flops. But Xbox is not really a failure. It is just "underperforming". The gaming market moves relatively slowly so we still have a few years to see if they can regain a healthy place in it. IF the PS5 Pro do exist, and get a few great games to go with it, and Xbox answer is a Redfall patch, then yes I hope that all of Neogaf members get a good laugh from it. But making a bad game better should be praised. I don't think that they will spend more than a year on this game.
If No Man's Sky can turn into what it has, Redfall absolutely has a chance if they were really serious about investing in the game. Redfall has better bones, for what its worth, than No Mans Sky did at launch. I don't think they have the balls to really go for it.
Games take time. If Arkane loose to much time fixing this game, their next one will be too late. And that would be bad for a certain number of reasons, like forcing them to go next gen(PS6/Xbox Next) too soon.. No man sky team are independent. They can do this choice because of it. Xbox has probably others plans.

Better to bury the game and pretend it never existed, it has no salvation, and with Arkane Austin we will see what happens, few of the studio that made Prey remain...

Top Bottom