• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda / Zenimax - Game Release Roadmap - Oblivion Remaster - Doom Year Zero - Fallout 3 Remaster - Dishonored 3 - Ghostwire 2 & More

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From the leaks.

Some of the dates have slipped forward as this document is a couple of years old now but interesting look at their roadmap for the next couple of years for games and DLC.

F6XZ6IRWQAAUT8w

adamsapple

What is Doom Year Zero?

Don't know, but since it was projected FY23, it would/should have been revealed by now. Covid related delays pushed everything a year or more further. Probably something we'll find out in one of their state of plays or next E3 (or The Game Awards)

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Oblivion is going to need a lot of work. A remaster won't cut it imo. That game has aged like milk. Especially the potato faced npcs. Nothing dick hardening in there. More Doom is always good though.

adamsapple

A lot of games to be exited about, however the dates....

The dates are obvi. pre Covid lockdown, everything on there, just push it 2~ years forward.

The creator guy left Tango Gameworks

Mikami only directed the first TEW, not the second. Besides, he was there when Tango/Zenimax axed TEW3 in favor of Ghostwire in the first place. Doubt it would have made a difference if he was still at Tango.

Zuzu

It has to be an old document since Starfield is listed as FY2021 but ended up coming out in FY2023. When they wrote it up they must have though that Starfield releasing in FY2021 was a possibility. That could explain the overly optimistic FY2024 release for Elder Scrolls 6.

I wonder if the Redfall disaster will change the plans for Dishonored 3?

adamsapple

It has to be an old document since Starfield is listed as FY2021 but ended up coming out in FY2023. When they wrote it up they must have though that Starfield releasing in FY2021 was a possibility. That could explain the overly optimistic FY2024 release for Elder Scrolls 6.

I wonder if the Redfall disaster will change the plans for Dishonored 3?

Redfall - Arkane Austin, Dishonored is Arkane Lyon.

Not the same studio, and even Austin's next project will be more single player focused.

Hopefully that's the lesson they learned.

Darsxx82

It's a huge list of great releases. Along with the games already announced and to be announced from XGS and those from XBPublising the catalog of first party / exclusive games of XSeries seems, a priori, much more than promising.

If the acquisition of ABK is confirmed and can add some exclusive more (which would be already huge), the software will not be a problem for Xbox console users this gen.

splattered

Someone copied me on this shit at like 1:30am my time... i woke up and was like Wow crazy info leaked... wait no gears or forza or anything? Then i realized it was just Zenimax stuff. Are there any other documents showing gaming roadmap for their other studios?

JackMcGunns

Oblivion Remaster could be very nice while we're waiting for Elder Scrolls VI. I liked Oblivion better than Skyrim.

Oblivion remaster! What!!? Yep, Oblivion is still my favorite, I wonder if they will mess with the dialogue or leave things as is. So much potential and new side quests that can be added.

Kacho

Wow. Bethesda is primed to have one hell of a rebound of the disastrous GAAS years. This lineup is tremendous.

ungalo

I guess the licenced IP is the Star Wars game by Zenimax, so what could be Kestrel and Platinum ?

Last edited:

adamsapple

I guess the licenced IP is the Star Wars game by Zenimax, so what could be Kestrel and Platinum ?

The conspicuous lack of Wolfenstein in the list makes me think at least one of those two is Wolf 3.

Oblivion remaster! What!!? Yep, Oblivion is still my favorite, I wonder if they will mess with the dialogue or leave things as is. So much potential and new side quests that can be added.

Reportedly, it's going to run with both UE5 and Gamebryo at the same time, retain the original physics with a new UE5 coat of graphics.

Gonna be wild seeing the enemies flying 20 feet in the air in pristine UE5 lol

Last edited:

makaveli60

Copying from the other thread what I originally wanted to post here before the lock:

So Microsoft will continue to suck based on these hardware leaks, with shitty digital only future (Sony also sucks since the current leadership took over, so no need for angry fangirl reactions from either side.) But damn, the Bethesda leak sounds amazing. Doom Year Zero and Dishonored 3 are system sellers (only disc based X!) for me, even without seeing them. I would have liked for id to take a break with Doom and before going back to it, create a Quake reboot in a similar fashion, but alright, I’ll take this too.

Bkdk

hopefully oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas will at least get creation engine 2 remakes. If BGS still insists on that super long dev cycle then they need to have something in between. Also delay outer worlds 2 and tell obsidian to make another fallout single player spinoff.

Last edited:

Xdrive05

I'm here for the next Doom game, yeah. So frag me.

Actually, interesting that the all but confirmed Quake reboot isn't on here. Then again this is a very old list.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Is Metal Gear Solid 3 the same thing? (original engine and Unreal Engine 5)

I don't think they've said it but MGS3 doesn't look like UE5. But for that they've said they're modernizing the controls etc as well. MGS3 is more of a remake, Oblivion *sounds* like more of a Halo: Anniversary style deal.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I see no Evil Within 3
Probably not gonna as Shinji Mikami ejected from the company the moment MS bought them.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Ghostwire Tokyo sequel is all I care about. Maybe Dishonored 3, I played the first and loved it but haven't gotten myself to play 2nd for some reason...

NickFire

That target date for VI is something else. A mere 3 years after Starfield launched? Were they planning a cookie cutter sequel for VI, or just that out of touch with how long games take to develop?

T0minator

Oblivion and Fallout being Remasters and not actual Remakes isn't worth getting excited about imo. They're both extremely dated, and a remaster being help much at all.

Give me Evil Within 3 you cowards

Top Bottom