• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda / Zenimax - Game Release Roadmap - Oblivion Remaster - Doom Year Zero - Fallout 3 Remaster - Dishonored 3 - Ghostwire 2 & More

Robb

Gold Member
Sooo happy to see Dishonored 3 on that list!
Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

Last edited:
Oblivion and Fallout being Remasters and not actual Remakes isn't worth getting excited about imo.
Let's wait and see what they do. This might be a case of bad wording, or it might be a huge graphical leap with slight tweaks, or it might have gameplay tweaks. We simply don't know until it's revealed.

Here's an easy example, with Nintendo:

Metroid Prime Remastered was touched up.
Zelda: Skyward Sword was almost fully overhauled and had a ton of quality of life features added.
Luigi's Mansion 2 is a simple upres, so they called it 'HD'
But Wind Waker 'HD' is more than an upres and it's a graphical upgrade.

This is why rumors don't work for remasters, remakes, and HD versions. No one can agree on their definitions and the amount of effort put into it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's wait and see what they do. This might be a case of bad wording, or it might be a huge graphical leap with slight tweaks, or it might have gameplay tweaks. We simply don't know until it's revealed.

Here's an easy example, with Nintendo:

Metroid Prime Remastered was touched up.
Zelda: Skyward Sword was almost fully overhauled and had a ton of quality of life features added.
Luigi's Mansion 2 is a simple upres, so they called it 'HD'
But Wind Waker 'HD' is more than an upres and it's a graphical upgrade.

This is why rumors don't work for remasters, remakes, and HD versions. No one can agree on their definitions and the amount of effort put into it.

remake-the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-in-development-virtuos-games-1.jpg

I understand the leak, I'm just stating that it's best to see actual footage first before becoming disappointed that you're reading the term 'remaster'. If they change anything aside from the graphics than it should no longer be seen as a remaster, but if they call that changed game a remaster, then it just causes more confusion.

I am really curious to know what the fuck is DOOM Year Zero is, sounds like a prequel. Also, where the fuck is Wolfenstein 3 or a Quake Reboot??

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Project Hibiki was Hi-Fi Rush, right? I hope MS sees the value in investing in more middle budget original games like that.

Good to see Dishonored 3 in the mix. I don't mind that they tested it, and I liked Deathloop but it's time.

Arachnid

Ghostwire Tokyo was created in lieu of Evil Within 3 cause it didn't do well commercially.

I guess they're more happy with Ghostwire's performance.
Dishonoed 2 underperformed too. The fanbase, including me, basically wrote off the series as dead (though I was happy it ended on such a high note). There's still hope for EW3 IMO. Especially since Tangos Hi-Fi Rush EW tease and Microsoft featuring it on that banner with all the other heavy hitters they acquired when they bought Zenimax.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Dishonoed 2 underperformed too. The fanbase, including me, basically wrote off the series as dead (though I was happy it ended on such a high note). There's still hope for EW3 IMO. Especially since Tangos Hi-Fi Rush EW tease.

That is true. Things may have changed between then and now but in the current slate of things, it doesn't look like there's room for an Evil Within 3 in the next 4, 5 years at least.

Dishonoed 2 underperformed too. The fanbase, including me, basically wrote off the series as dead (though I was happy it ended on such a high note). There's still hope for EW3 IMO. Especially since Tangos Hi-Fi Rush EW tease and Microsoft featuring it on that banner with all the other heavy hitters they acquired when they bought Zenimax.
I really want Evil Within 3, very underrated survival horror franchise imo.

Indiana Jones could be next year then, they also talk about another licensed IP wonder what it could be.
I think it must be the Rumoured Mandalorian game that Zenimax Online is making. I can't see anything else on their that mentions their new game, so that's what I put it down to.

adamsapple

I think it must be the Rumoured Mandalorian game that Zenimax Online is making. I can't see anything else on their that mentions their new game, so that's what I put it down to.

Why not, every studio under the sun is making a Star Wars game now. The EA stranglehold has ended.

adamsapple

It's a pretty interesting road map. Would love to know what Project Kestrel and Platinum are. One you would think is Wolfenstien 3?

As someone pointed earlier, if its a known franchise, they would have written the name like Doom.

bender

What time is it?
At least Morrowind is safe from modern Bethesda.

Wolf is in a weird place after Youngblood. It probably needs another reboot but feels a little too soon for that.

skit_data

Wasn't there some Fallout 4 Definitive Edition coming out?

Edit: scratch that, it was just a next gen patch

Last edited:

adamsapple

This is interesting. Posted a year ago on Reddit. Someone got their shit right.
Platinum is Indiana Jones
Hibiki is HiFi
Blacksky is a other game from Arkane Austin
Relic is machine games second game.
There's more as well.

Arkane Austin was expecting to put out two games in a ~7 month window? That's pretty fucking insane. I can see this schedule being shuffled a year or more ahead very easily especially with all the other delays.

I'm legit interested in seeing Doom Year Zero. Hopefully one or two of these have a The Game Awards reveal.

Of this leak I’m most interested in Doom Year Zero. Doom Eternal is in my top 10.

I wonder where they will go after Eternal. It was so good and mechanically satisfying that I can’t even image what beats it. The bar is set very high for me. Although, if it’s just more Eternal I will still play it lol
Hopefully it will have regular death match, battle mode, ect and not just asymmetric multiplayer. It’s nice a idea of slayers vs monsters but why remove regular battles? It should have both types of multiplayer, if they are gonna have it at all.

CGNoire

A bunch of people are gonna be very depressed when they realise that a bunch of these have been cancelled already.

adamsapple

The ever reliable shepshep nick is saying that the licensed IP that's mentioned in the leaked list is a Disney IP. There have been long running rumors about Zenimax making a Star Wars themed game, could be that.

The ever reliable shepshep nick is saying that the licensed IP that's mentioned in the leaked list is a Disney IP. There have been long running rumors about Zenimax making a Star Wars themed game, could be that.

I wonder if this is the MMO that the ESO guys are working on. If not, I find it very odd that their new project did not have a single leak in a ship full of holes.

ungalo

I just saw the revenue forecast by title, if it's legit it's very interesting and gives me hope for the next titles. Bethesda is going to carry Microsoft again.

That target date for VI is something else. A mere 3 years after Starfield launched? Were they planning a cookie cutter sequel for VI, or just that out of touch with how long games take to develop?

Starfield was hampered by being such a huge change in overall game design vs what they usually make (a single map), combined with COVID/pandemic development delays that all devs faced the last 3 years.

BGS is huge now; and “going back” to just making a single huge map title with this huge team they have now, I think many of us are expecting VI won’t take as long as Starfield did to make.

After all, this is the team that made Fallout 3 in like 2 1/2 years, and Skyrim in only 3.

Last edited:
excited for Oblivion since i've yet to play it but own it. i'll wait for the remaster to start it. loved fallout 3 so interested in that too.

skit_data

Please tell me it's not a sequel to Mutant Year Zero
Played both the campaign and bought the DLC for Mutant Year Zero and found it a pretty nice Xcom light experience. Its a little too shallow but I think the mix of tactical/stealth gameplay is a pretty sound foundation that has big potential if the developers/some other developer expand on it.

As a swede I might be a little bit biased though, it's not often you get to play a game where you can hear shitty dansband music playing from a crappy radio as you're shopping around for mutant killing laser shotguns as a fire breathing moose man.

Robb

Gold Member
after Redfall i m really worried
Yeah, that was bad. But hopefully it was just a result of the studio being forced to work on something they didn’t want to work on to begin with.

With Dishonored they, at the very least, have two fantastic titles to use as templates for the next one.

JackMcGunns

Thank you to the mods for reopening the thread.

I think it's good to have one about the games roadmap separate from the other mega-thread.

Yea, I noticed the complaints, but where do you draw the line? should we have one each mega thread for PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Switch and call it a day? :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Top Bottom