• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Flag has been taken down from sale on Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
assassins-creed-black-flag-steam-sayfasi.jpg

As of Thursday, September 7, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is not available to buy on Steam. The game has also been removed from the Assassin’s Creed bundle which includes every other mainline entry in the open-world game series.

However, Black Flag is still available from the Ubisoft Store, and its removal from Steam does not necessarily have a connection to a pending remake – games may be temporarily delisted as developers resolve technical issues or introduce large-scale updates.

On the contrary, the original version of Assassin’s Creed 3 has been removed from Steam, to be replaced by the remastered edition from 2019.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ubisoft is taking down a lot of stuff lately from the Xbox store also. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia (2008), Enchanted Arms, the list goes on. They're one of the main ones delisting stuff. Not sure if its related, but something to consider if you want any Ubisoft games you haven't purchased yet.

Larxia

Well that sucks. Unless they have indeed done a remaster.
I really don't think it needs a remaster, at least not on PC. The worst part with remasters is that they are often worse than the originals... The Ezio trilogy remastered on console is absolutely terrible, and the AC3 remaster, while having some improved lighting here and there, has a lot of worse looking things than the original, like worse draw distance, worse character models, worse animations etc...
I really hate and fear remasters because of this, they end up being inferior to the original while also replacing them, with publishers not letting you access the originals anymore.

If a new version of AC IV really came to life, the one thing it would need in my opinion to be a better game than the original would be a seamless, completely open world, where all the islands are explorable, no loading etc, like in Odyssey, but that would be more of a Remake than a remaster task.

Top Bottom