• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Xbox 360

shpankey

not an idiot
Hope this hasn't been posted already... but anyone seen this black 360? Kinda Batmany... yum. :D

Xbox_360_82.jpg

Got this pic from here

newsguy

That shit looks hot (isn't the beta kit black?), although I'm one of the few who thinks the white one is nice as well.

123rl

Yeah the beta is black. I hope this gets released though...it's far nicer than the cheap-looking white one. Shame the tray is still silver though - it's so fugly

Jeff-DSA

123rl said:
Yeah the beta is black. I hope this gets released though...it's far nicer than the cheap-looking white one. Shame the tray is still silver though - it's so fugly

I don't mind the silver tray, but I absolutely hate the white colored console we have been seeing.

not sure if this has been discussed or not but, has anyone read that white or lighter colored objects "look bigger" than black or dark colored objects.

ex: two cars the exact same: the white will appear larger than the black one....that 360 looks smaller.

the only reason i figure all consoles arent black all the time is people do prefer alternate colors and it makes each generation "different"

Gek54

What idea did they steal?

I was about to scream, "SOLD SOLD SOLD". I May just have to spraypaint my 360. :\

CaptainStrong said:
not sure if this has been discussed or not but, has anyone read that white or lighter colored objects "look bigger" than black or dark colored objects.

ex: two cars the exact same: the white will appear larger than the black one....that 360 looks smaller.

the only reason i figure all consoles arent black all the time is people do prefer alternate colors and it makes each generation "different"

It's true, people look slimmer in dark clothes too, surely you've heard of the technique?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DopeyFish said:
it's a photoshop, from someone at TXB.

Damn, notice the discoloration? The ancient Xbox360 logo?

Also, how about the fact that it's just dark as shit? Yeah I thought some one had played the play with the image game when I first clicked in to this thread.

element

beta kits aren't a 'piano black' like that is. They are more of a black with a hint of brown, like dell's desktop cases.

COCKLES

being watched
Hardcore pr0n sex in console form. :O

I'm sure we'll end up getting different colour versions - wonder if they'll be a Crystal 360. :D

eso76

I prefer the white one..
Glad to see a lot of people hate the chrome/silver disc tray. It's one of the biggest design mistakes in history, anyone remembers the first closeups on ourcolony ? the tray was rough plastic as the rest of the console and it looked millions times better...i hope that part is not 100% final...

shpankey

not an idiot
it would no doubt be cheaper to make the tray with plastic, therefore, i'm sure it won't be like that.

Prine

Banned
The current white X360 is the a great looking console, best of the 3 we've seen. But this looks even better :0

flsh

Banned
The controller looks great in black (just like white) but the console still looks ugly :( What's bothering me the most is the chrome tray. WTF Microsoft? WTF?
I hope there's a face plate that makes it look less ugly, because I will feel bad about puting that in front of my TV, and I have a BLUE PS2 and GREEN Xbox! It's not that I'm picky :lol

Top Bottom