• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BloodRayne - Official 20th Anniversary Behind The Scenes Developer Interview

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sean Velasco, design director for BloodRayne: Betrayal, discusses the direction they wanted to take in this radical re-vamp of the viscerally bloody cult classic. Leveraging their experience with the Shovel Knight franchise, Velasco talks about translating the sultry and mature horror themes into a 2D hack-and-slash platformer. Programmer, David D’Angelo, also cites inspirations such as Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, wanting to imbue the essence of a stylish supernatural beat-em-up with the challenging nature of a 2D platformer.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Interview is more about their past experiences then with Bloodrayne lots of constant referral to Shovel Knight. They didn't develop it of course but the best Bloodrayne game to date on the basis of fun factor and something to come back to IMO is the first one. It had an interesting setting was full of mystery and the music gave it amazing atmosphere.

The talk about DMC and Bayo systems is great but that's all it really is about it doesn't really expand the world within the game it boils down to just being about systems.

While interesting they briefly mention that Betrayal is system based and that everything plays into each other with Melee/Guns/bloodsucking I actually find it more restrictive.

I'd much prefer if they took these systems and put it back into a 3D spectacle fighter action game. I don't think Bloodrayne should be forced into a side scrolling beat em up.

I am hoping something comes out of them re-releasing BR 1. BR2 and BR:B. I'd really like to see the series come back.

Top Bottom