• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal - XBLA, PSN (developed by WayForward) [Up: First Screenshot]

I never really played either one to finish, but I enjoyed what I did play of the Bloodrayne titles, although I remember them getting repetitive, and getting stuck on some awkward sort-of-platforming bit in 2 for too long. I don't mind seeing the series again, definitely with WayForward at the helm.

Jim

The fact sheet also:

The price will apparently be 1200 points/$15

The original video game femme fatale, BloodRayne, has returned to battle and feed in a brand new hack 'n slash adventure developed by WayForward, the seasoned team behind some of gaming's most critically acclaimed brand reinventions. BloodRayne delivers over-the-top stylish action with a healthy dose of bloodshed. You are Rayne, the sexy dhampir with superhuman strength, speed, and agility, recruited by the vampire hunting Brimstone Society for one last mission. The target is a lavish, yet sinister, ball in a secluded castle with plenty of dark surprises. With the help of a mysterious friend, and members of Brimstone, Rayne must infiltrate the manor, take out the fiendish horde, and stop an evil master plot once and for all.

Features:

• Based on the best-selling BloodRayne videogame franchise that has extended into comics, merchandise, movies and apparel.
  • Developed by WayForward, the award-winning team known for bringing franchise favorites back to audiences in exciting new ways. Credits include: Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Contra 4, and A Boy and His Blob.
  • Rayne is a dhampir, born from the union of vampire and human, blessed with the powers of a vampire but cursed with a thirst for blood and weakness to sunlight.
  • Experience BloodRayne in HD with exciting 2D side-scrolling action and challenging obstacles designed specifically for mature audiences.
  • Kill evil vampire scum in 15 challenging levels across multiple unique acts, including: The Forest, The Attic, The Freaky Ballroom and more.
  • Meet new characters along the way including a mysterious shape shifter.
  • Feed on enemies and refuel your blood reserves in gruesome new ways, including the Blood Fountain.
  • Solve environmental puzzles, including:
    • Blood Seals: Places on the ground and in front of doors that need to be drenched in blood to unlock.
    • Grinder Switch: Toss enemies into a bone mashing grinder to activate.
    • Floodlights: Maneuver through a barrage of floodlights aimed to take the Dhampir out. Rayne can also trick vampires into the light to take the heat off of her.
    • Rising Blood Tower: Fill a pit with enemy blood to make the tower rise so Rayne can escape.
  • Punishing combat skills deliver Rayne's intense brutal fatalities:
    • Infection: Enemy vampires bloat and explode when triggered.
    • Heel Stomp: Instant-kill enemies after laying them out.
    • Drain: Bite and drain your enemy's blood to restore your health.
  • Full arsenal of lethal weapons:
    • Rayne's signature arm blades return sharper than ever.
    • Handgun offers quick ranged knockdowns.
    • New weapons include a gun that prolongs damage over time via a constant beam of light. Also serves double duty as a sun reflector for puzzle solving.
  • Battle a variety of new enemies and deadly bosses:
    • Flying Parasites: This annoying bugger will swoop in and attack if you're not careful, but can also be infected and exploded for some bloody good fun.
    • Wheeler: A freakish genetic experiment, with long sharp arms for long range attacks.
    • Blood Balloon: A big, hammer wielding brute that may be tough to beat, but when you finish him off he explodes like a balloon!
    • Wraith: These ninja-like enemies come at you without notice and can phase in and out before your eyes.
    • Elite Guard: The ultimate enemy, like a vampire Knight with a big sword, only he's trying to kill the damsel.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wonder if this is the one coming to the 3DS. I'm assuming 3DSware if it is the same game.

WayForward kicks ass, btw. I want them to do another Contra :)

ElRenoRaven

Honestly I couldn't care less. Any company that gets into bed with Uwe Boll ceases to get my dollars. And after they got into bed with him to make those atrocities I ceased caring about that franchise or company.

Skilletor

PsychoRaven said:
Honestly I couldn't care less. Any company that gets into bed with Uwe Boll ceases to get my dollars. And after they got into bed with him to make those atrocities I ceased caring about that franchise or company.

Yeah! Show the man!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
PsychoRaven said:
qq4bpz.jpg

cj_iwakura

GDGF said:
Wonder if this is the one coming to the 3DS. I'm assuming 3DSware if it is the same game.

WayForward kicks ass, btw. I want them to do another Contra :)

Contra 4 is the standard by which all run and guns must be judged.

As great as Uprising was, it's still no Contra 4.

LQX

I still have part 2 which works on 360 and it still holds up. Not many games are as bloody as it is. I really have to finish one of these days.

SmithnCo

PsychoRaven said:

Uwe Boll movies are terrible, but they can be dumb fun, I must admit.

And I instantly became interested in this when I saw "2D side scroller." Love WayForward.

Azih

BloodRayne 2 actually had a surprisingly good ending. It actually made me excited for another one. They set up a whole lot of really interesting things with an ongoing Vampire Apocalypse and three distinct factions while also providing a satisfying ending. Wonder if these new games will go back to those ideas or if they are lost.

Decado

Yup, this could be much better as a side scroll (or even a top-down action game) than 3D.

Hope it looks good and has deep(ish) combat. Something like The Dishwasher would be awesome.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I liked the Blood Rayne games... not that they're good. But they had some odd appeal to them... it felt they could have been so much better.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
kinoki said:
I liked the Blood Rayne games... not that they're good. But they had some odd appeal to them... it felt they could have been so much better.
the concept was better than the games.

cant wait for this.

wrowa

I wonder if this game once used to be the canned 3DS game. In any case I love it to finally see WayForward's sprite glory in HD ;p

Even though the screenshot doesn't look that good yet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I liked the B movie vibe of the game. Also I'm a whore for female leads that look or act badass. Also while it wasn't technically great it was fun to play IMO.

I don't know what to make of that screenshot, there's only one single type of enemy that repeats all over the screen, the enviroment looks dull and the main character was censored.

Who thought was a good idea release this screenshot?.

Top Bottom