• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal - XBLA, PSN (developed by WayForward) [Up: First Screenshot]

Update:

Family Fry said:
First picture released.
218103_220987551249929_193981067283911_1026447_7076539_n.jpg

Original:

Official Site

http://www.bloodraynebetrayal.com/index2.html?age=true

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJEm-hoPE8

Jim said:
The fact sheet also:

The price will apparently be 1200 points/$15

The original video game femme fatale, BloodRayne, has returned to battle and feed in a brand new hack 'n slash adventure developed by WayForward, the seasoned team behind some of gaming's most critically acclaimed brand reinventions. BloodRayne delivers over-the-top stylish action with a healthy dose of bloodshed. You are Rayne, the sexy dhampir with superhuman strength, speed, and agility, recruited by the vampire hunting Brimstone Society for one last mission. The target is a lavish, yet sinister, ball in a secluded castle with plenty of dark surprises. With the help of a mysterious friend, and members of Brimstone, Rayne must infiltrate the manor, take out the fiendish horde, and stop an evil master plot once and for all.

Features:

* Based on the best-selling BloodRayne videogame franchise that has extended into comics, merchandise, movies and apparel.
* Developed by WayForward, the award-winning team known for bringing franchise favorites back to audiences in exciting new ways. Credits include: Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Contra 4, and A Boy and His Blob.
* Rayne is a dhampir, born from the union of vampire and human, blessed with the powers of a vampire but cursed with a thirst for blood and weakness to sunlight.
* Experience BloodRayne in HD with exciting 2D side-scrolling action and challenging obstacles designed specifically for mature audiences.
* Kill evil vampire scum in 15 challenging levels across multiple unique acts, including: The Forest, The Attic, The Freaky Ballroom and more.
* Meet new characters along the way including a mysterious shape shifter.
* Feed on enemies and refuel your blood reserves in gruesome new ways, including the Blood Fountain.
* Solve environmental puzzles, including:
o Blood Seals: Places on the ground and in front of doors that need to be drenched in blood to unlock.
o Grinder Switch: Toss enemies into a bone mashing grinder to activate.
o Floodlights: Maneuver through a barrage of floodlights aimed to take the Dhampir out. Rayne can also trick vampires into the light to take the heat off of her.
o Rising Blood Tower: Fill a pit with enemy blood to make the tower rise so Rayne can escape.
* Punishing combat skills deliver Rayne's intense brutal fatalities:
o Infection: Enemy vampires bloat and explode when triggered.
o Heel Stomp: Instant-kill enemies after laying them out.
o Drain: Bite and drain your enemy's blood to restore your health.
* Full arsenal of lethal weapons:
o Rayne's signature arm blades return sharper than ever.
o Handgun offers quick ranged knockdowns.
o New weapons include a gun that prolongs damage over time via a constant beam of light. Also serves double duty as a sun reflector for puzzle solving.
* Battle a variety of new enemies and deadly bosses:
o Flying Parasites: This annoying bugger will swoop in and attack if you're not careful, but can also be infected and exploded for some bloody good fun.
o Wheeler: A freakish genetic experiment, with long sharp arms for long range attacks.
o Blood Balloon: A big, hammer wielding brute that may be tough to beat, but when you finish him off he explodes like a balloon!
o Wraith: These ninja-like enemies come at you without notice and can phase in and out before your eyes.
o Elite Guard: The ultimate enemy, like a vampire Knight with a big sword, only he's trying to kill the damsel.

PR

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...al-Coming-This-Summer-NASDAQ-COOL-1420622.htm

WayForward? Interesting. I wonder if this is the same project that was planned for 3DS as BloodRayne: The Shroud, as of last E3.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
I was ready to post "Can't wait to miss it!", but WayForward is working on this. Cautiously optimistic here.

You know the game sucks when all they show is the goddamn logo in the trailer...

Sidenote: This is the second Wayforward game with the word Betrayal in it. The first one: WWF Betrayal.

I'm wondering if this will be a Wayforward Metroidvania? :O

Perhaps using a visual style close to the Batman Brave & The Bold game even? Not the visual style, but that sort of pseudo Vanillaware look about it.

Suck it down haters. Bloodrayne is good B-tier comfort food.

I'm torn.

On one hand Wayforward are talented developers that have created some great games out of awful licenses, on the other hand Bloodrayne II was one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune to play.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
WayForward? I feel something strange in my body.

It's BloodRayne, but now I kind of want it because of the excellent pedigree of the developer.

Oof, I think I need a hot toddy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Urgh. I really, REALLY have never cared about this series. Ever.

But the music on the site sounds cool. Very wanna-be Castlevania.

And then you add Wayforward and 2D gameplay into it, and... wow. WTH.

Oh well, optimistic until proven crappy!

Ickman3400 said:
Was somewhat excited until I saw it's a 2D side scroller, that's too bad. The older ones were kind of enjoyable.

And this is why Junior Members have a bad rap. =_=;

Yes, let's ignore the developer pedigree. Go slither back under your moronic rock.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Man, you know your priorities are messed up when you come in hoping for a Terminal Reality shlock joint and end up mildly disappointed that a talented dev is doing it instead.

The Take Out Bandit said:
And this is why Junior Members have a bad rap. =_=;

Yes, let's ignore the developer pedigree. Go slither back under your moronic rock.

I don't give a shit who's making it, it doesn't guarantee it'll be good. And I don't care for 2D games at all anymore, so that's why I expressed disappointment.

Go cry in a corner if you can't handle that.

Wayforward's involvement shifts me from couldn't care less to could care less!
At the very least, it'll have pretty spritework.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ultron87 said:
The Original? Really Majesco? Wouldn't that be Lara Croft or Samus?

femme fatale does not simply mean female main character.

Dascu

_dementia said:
Wayforward's involvement shifts me from couldn't care less to could care less!
At the very least, it'll have pretty spritework.
I get the feeling from the artwork on the site that it's not going to use sprites.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
shagg_187 said:
You know the game sucks when all they show is the goddamn logo in the trailer...

Sidenote: This is the second Wayforward game with the word Betrayal in it. The first one: WWF Betrayal.

I thought Lit was pretty interesting. Maybe they have the chops to do something cool...

Edit: Huh. Didn't realize they had done Contra 4 and the Batman: Brave and the Bold. How strange that the game I would instantly recognize would be a WiiWare title. How often does THAT happen!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Majesco clearly likes WayForward. It's really obvious they enjoy working with one another. Hopefully they get a breakout hit at some point.

Summer 2011? I wish more games did this! "Hey, we have a game coming out in a few months!" I'm a little tired of the years long wait for titles between the time the title is announced to the time the game is released.

The Bloodrayne games were the equivalent of Troma movies. Trashy, cheap, tasteless fun.

The fact that this is a download only title means it won't be hitting the bargin bin anytime soon and I don't know that I could ever spend more than a couple of quid on such a throwaway franchise.

Axiom

I never minded the concept of a Hammer horror/Buffy/Nazi hybrid, even if the games weren't fantastic, Wayforward can probably do something with the idea.

Unless this is just so they can get her in Playboy again.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Whoa. Definitely interested
and hoping for a Metroidvania approach

Top Bottom