• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal - XBLA, PSN (developed by WayForward) [Up: First Screenshot]

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't get why WF only does pure left to right and vice versa movement, with a few tweaks that shouldn't increase costs much (or at all!) the fighting systems would feel much deeper if you could also move further up and down (not by jumping to higher points, but as a faked 3D depth basically) to allow players to approach enemies from the sides or behind and also allow enemies to surround you in less cheap ways than just having them spawn in front of and behind you with you having no chance to react, etc. That should be a standard feature for brawlers unless this game isn't simple like Batman and has depth in other ways like say, tough platforming or Metroidvania exploration or whatever...

Jocchan said:
That's not a Comic Sans lookalike.

Okay. But it's a bad choice use a Blambot like font in this type of game. And the fact that seems every kill pops up one of that ugly big bars don't helps either.

Enosh

I like the art style and all the blood is great imo in an over the top way

but the "points board"
ugh -.-

SmithnCo

Can't wait to see it in motion, I didn't think I'd be excited for another Bloodrayne game, lol.

But that font and the obtrusive points board are odd. It's hard to say how bad it is until we see gameplay, but right now it looks like it takes up way too much real estate on the screen.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Santerestil said:
Okay. But it's a bad choice use a Blambot like font in this type of game. And the fact that seems every kill pops up one of that ugly big bars don't helps either.
It depends. Maybe they're aiming for a comic book aesthetic more than a cartoon one, with balloons for the dialogue and everything. Who knows? Maybe the font choice can be fitting.
About the bars themselves, I agree though. They look unnecessary and distracting.

CamHostage

Pupi18 said:
Reminds me of The Dishwasher games but with Bloodrayne. Doesnt look bad but I need to see it in motion before making any comments about the look.

More like that mobile game Twin Blades, I think? Dishwasher had some platforming elements, but with characters this big on the screen, I'm not sure how this new Bloodrayne could be anything but a hack-and-slash.

twinblades2.jpg

5L74W.jpg

As a small, cheap downloadable micro-game, a straightforward slasher could be cool, but it's a strange choice to bring back the franchise on (although they did announce a new 3DS Bloodrayne, maybe bigger franchise revival plans are in the works as well.)

It's not catching my interests yet, but I wish the best of luck to Wayforward.

WTF?

This look awsome.

After seeing that cool Aliens Marines old trailer, Contra 4, and now this...someone give these guys a a million dollar budget and the Castlevania license, please.

Is that a dig at Castlevania at the very beginning of the trailer? Looks like it. Hopefully this turns out all right, the trailer looks great.

kokujin

Banned
It looks fine in battle, but why does the camera zoom so far out during the platforming areas of trailer.I hope it's not like that in the final product.

Has anybody checked this out yet? What do you think? Not a BR fan but I like it. Nice animations and backgrounds. Music sounds like Castlevania. For some reason she doesn't "feel" like she's actually hitting the enemies. I can't really put my finger on it. I also don't care for the cheap segmented body parts, flash style animations like in her idle stance and it really clashes with the otherwise well done hand drawn animations. The demo was good, but I wonder what more people think about it.

Top Bottom