• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Grisby

Thanks for all of the stat deals and that little tip about the unique boss guys. I've run into a new issue though and I don't know if it's a glitch or not.

When I fire up the game (on 360) it stays on that "searching for downloadable content' message forever. When I boot it up it almost seems like it's frozen but the little symbol is still spinning and I can go back to the dash.

I restarted it once earlier today and it worked although it took longer than it normally does. Now, it seems like it's stuck on that screen even after a restart.

edit-This problem just started today btw.
edit2- Took 6 minutes to get to the menu screen. Maybe this is a server problem on their side or something?

maomaoIYP

Thanks for all of the stat deals and that little tip about the unique boss guys. I've run into a new issue though and I don't know if it's a glitch or not.

When I fire up the game (on 360) it stays on that "searching for downloadable content' message forever. When I boot it up it almost seems like it's frozen but the little symbol is still spinning and I can go back to the dash.

I restarted it once earlier today and it worked although it took longer than it normally does. Now, it seems like it's stuck on that screen even after a restart.

edit-This problem just started today btw.
edit2- Took 6 minutes to get to the menu screen. Maybe this is a server problem on their side or something?
Server side issue. Same problem here. I suspect it's an xbl issue, my brother has problems signing in.

Grisby

Yeah, it was almost back to normal when I played some tonight.

I'm not super impressed by Hammerlocks Hunt. I like the idea and the character but I think it kind of fails in execution. Those witch doctor dudes are not fun to fight at all IMO.

Hotfix incoming: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1066/borderlands-2-hot-fixes-7-24

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
July 24, 2013

Corrected an issue with certain assault rifles not receiving the proper damage bonus from their barrel.
Flynt now has a chance to drop the Tinderbox and other unique items.
Addressed an issue where BNK-3R could get stuck and not be defeated.
Corrected the alignment of holographic pistol sights.
(Mr. Torgue DLC) Badassasarus now takes proper explosion damage from the Tunguska rocket launcher.
(Tiny Tina DLC) Players that have accepted but not completed "Roll Insight" can now properly interact with Murderlin.
(Tina Tiny DLC) Repositioned the boundary turrets in Unassuming Docks to prevent players from missing a critical area.
Addressed a rare issue where players who did not complete the optional "Collect Slag Samples" objective would not properly spawn back into the Natural Selection Annex.
(PC / Mac Only) Fixed an issue where the visual effect tied to Krieg's "Hellfire Halitosis" skill could last longer than intended.

I did a few story quests online (Wildlife Exploitation -> Where Angels Fear to Tread) with a group of dudes in TVHM and I went and loaded up my single player and everything is 2-4 levels above me. My gear mostly mid-high thirties so I'm getting destroyed.

What should I do? Used all my golden keys and got nothing but shitty non-elemantal pistols lol

IceMarker

Anyone having issues joining games on the PC version, it joins but as soon as I hit the loading screen it throws me back to the main menu...

Tenumi

Banned
I'm hearing all these complaints about UVHM and its making me reluctant to play. I've been working on my Mechromancer (Lvl. 40), but when I hear how bullet spongy the enemies are, I kinda lose all interest in playing...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm hearing all these complaints about UVHM and its making me reluctant to play. I've been working on my Mechromancer (Lvl. 40), but when I hear how bullet spongy the enemies are, I kinda lose all interest in playing...

As long as you have skills or guns to slag, most regular enemies aren't that bad actually. You might hate the stalkers even more though.

Cat Party

I had fun doing it with a Siren.

I'm a level 54 Mechromancer and I just don't know whether to play the DLC or complete the main game on UVHM. TVHM is too easy, the skeleton enemies in Tiny Tina's DLC aren't fun in UVHM (particularly the skeleton mages in Lost Souls). There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Is there a recommended playthrough order?

nel e nel

I'm a level 54 Mechromancer and I just don't know whether to play the DLC or complete the main game on UVHM. TVHM is too easy, the skeleton enemies in Tiny Tina's DLC aren't fun in UVHM (particularly the skeleton mages in Lost Souls). There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Is there a recommended playthrough order?

Some friends who play Mechromancer said that Interspersed Outburst is pretty much essential for UVHM. Free slag.

Some friends who play Mechromancer said that Interspersed Outburst is pretty much essential for UVHM. Free slag.

Honestly, the only problem I have with the skeleton mages is their ability to heal off whatever chip damage I've managed to deal before they vanish.

Only advice I've run across is equipping the Transformer shield and using Torgue weapons and rocket launchers. Ugh.

Finally got to the end of the melee tree for Krieg. I say gottdamn! Now the rest of the skills in tree work so much better in synergy, and my damage output is unreal.

maomaoIYP

Honestly, the only problem I have with the skeleton mages is their ability to heal off whatever chip damage I've managed to deal before they vanish.

Only advice I've run across is equipping the Transformer shield and using Torgue weapons and rocket launchers. Ugh.

Skeleton mages are weak to fire if I'm not wrong.

DirtyLary

Also heads up, all of these keys no longer work. Just spent 20 mins typing them all in and they all say "cannot be activated."

Must be a gearbox employee lurking the thread that forwarded all of them for deactivation =|

New player here. Just entered all of those keys and got 33 golden keys. So, they are still working.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
New player here. Just entered all of those keys and got 33 golden keys. So, they are still working.
For future reference you'll want to read the rest of the thread first before posting, as this is addressed shortly after the post you quoted. Before the edit the mega keys post didn't specify they were PC only. One of these days I will track down and post a list of still active PS3 keys, though the console keys seem to expire more quickly than PC ones.

maomaoIYP

I wish. Slag + explosive is all I can do. Every guide out there uses pearlescents and oranges that I don't want to farm. :/

I kill them really quick with slag + purple fire hyperion smg as the siren. If I'm not wrong skeleton mages and the spectral archers don't resist fire. All the other skeletons don't resist corrosive.
What pearlescents are people actually using? I had the impression none of them are any good (maybe aside from unforgiven or avenger), especially since they're practically impossible to farm.

IceMarker

Verify your game cache. It was happening to me to. You'll probably redownload a few files and it should work.

You're solution is correct, but I didn't have to do that, I just realized that my version of the game was out of date and BL2 updated as soon as I restarted it. Thanks!

Also, since I haven't been hooked on BL2 like this in a long time, anyone willing to dive through the DLCs with me on TVHM?
I bought the season pass during the summer sale and can't really find any groups to play with in matchmaking. Here's my Steam profile.

I kill them really quick with slag + purple fire hyperion smg as the siren. If I'm not wrong skeleton mages and the spectral archers don't resist fire. All the other skeletons don't resist corrosive.
What pearlescents are people actually using? I had the impression none of them are any good (maybe aside from unforgiven or avenger), especially since they're practically impossible to farm.

The Stalker and Butcher would be lovely. Anyway, I gave it another shot with a Siren player and phaselock helped a bunch. It also helped to know they're not resistant to fire. Thanks for the advice, guys.

maomaoIYP

The Stalker and Butcher would be lovely. Anyway, I gave it another shot with a Siren player and phaselock helped a bunch. It also helped to know they're not resistant to fire. Thanks for the advice, guys.

I have an electric stalker, it's really less useful that it sounds.

Zertez

For future reference you'll want to read the rest of the thread first before posting, as this is addressed shortly after the post you quoted. Before the edit the mega keys post didn't specify they were PC only. One of these days I will track down and post a list of still active PS3 keys, though the console keys seem to expire more quickly than PC ones.
Here is decent site for keys on all platforms. It is missing a few and some maybe gone now, but they do a good job deleting old keys.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

I'm not 100% on how enemy/item scaling works. Say I do the Torgue DLC and then finish the story. When I go back to Crater of Badassitude are the enemies going to be level 50 and the are vending machines going to carry level 50 guns?

IceMarker

I'm not 100% on how enemy/item scaling works. Say I do the Torgue DLC and then finish the story. When I go back to Crater of Badassitude are the enemies going to be level 50 and the are vending machines going to carry level 50 guns?

From what I can tell, enemies in Normal will scale from 15 - 32 depending on your level, in TVHM they will scale from 35 - 52, while in UHVM they will scale from 51 - 63. This depends on your player level and whether you've beaten the main story in the corresponding Playthrough.

nel e nel

From what I can tell, enemies in Normal will scale from 15 - 32 depending on your level, in TVHM they will scale from 35 - 52, while in UHVM they will scale from 51 - 63. This depends on your player level and whether you've beaten the main story in the corresponding Playthrough.

UVHM the enemies will scale to the HIGHEST LEVEL person in your party. So if you're level 52, and a level 61 jumps in, enemies scale to level 61.

As for the DLC, Scarlett's and Torgue's start at level 15 and go up from there, Hammerlock is 30, and Tiny Tina you should be post main game (so about ~32 or so).

Items scale to your character level in solo play, and kind of average out when in a group of varying levels.

Celcius

°Temp. member
After countless hours of gameplay, I decided to switch things up today and respec my character for the first time as well as change my class mod. I didn't know what I was missing :)
One of these days I might even try a different class (I've always played commando in BL1 & 2). The depth of the gameplay is amazing.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I managed to get Pyro Pete's health down halfway solo but he's just got too much HP :(
(guerrilla commado)

edit: Finally solo'd him. I grenade jumped to the ledge at the top and the first thing he did was jump straight up there where I was lol. I freaked out and jumped to the bottom and he got stuck on a rail. With his high health and my low/dwindling ammo it felt like it took ages to kill him. He didn't drop any legendarys or good loot, but at least I can cross that off my to do list lol.

I'm not having much luck getting lv 50 legendarys today, as Scorch has dropped two lv 48 hellfires but no lv 50's. I also tried to farm jackenstein to replace my level 49 yellow jacket with a lv 50 version, but it seems like too much work to walk all the way back to him after an unsuccessful farm attempt. I did manage to get two different lv 50 bonus packages last night though.

Any tips for getting the best vitality relics? My current lv 48 gives a 41.2% health boost but I've heard of some giving 50%.

GolazoDan

Quick question: I'm on my first playthrough, I'm level 29, haven't completed the full game yet and have all of the DLC (season pass purchase way back in the day, plus I'm digging the game so I'll take as much as I can). Is it okay to start these DLCs now or would you recommend leaving them until I finish? The pirate one seems to be scaling to my level which is cool and I think mixing and matching them might prevent certain characters from getting annoying. I wanna look at the D&D one!

Really enjoying the pirate DLC btw, dunno what the general consensus on it was. Shade is a goddamn great character.

IceMarker

Quick question: I'm on my first playthrough, I'm level 29, haven't completed the full game yet and have all of the DLC (season pass purchase way back in the day, plus I'm digging the game so I'll take as much as I can). Is it okay to start these DLCs now or would you recommend leaving them until I finish? The pirate one seems to be scaling to my level which is cool and I think mixing and matching them might prevent certain characters from getting annoying. I wanna look at the D&D one!

Really enjoying the pirate DLC btw, dunno what the general consensus on it was. Shade is a goddamn great character.

I suggest doing the DLCs immediately after beating Normal or soon after the start or end of True Vault Hunter Mode, then replay them on UHVM.

maomaoIYP

Is there a way to farm Blood of the Ancients? The wiki says, at level 61, it provides the largest health bonus in the game.

You mean E-tech artifacts?
You can farm the legendary loot midgets in the room just before Bloodwing's room in the wildlife preservation center.
You'll need Doctor's Orders uncompleted for them to almost spawn every single time.
For fastest results you'll need the wildlife preservation center to be uncompleted (i.e. you never walked into bloodwing's room) and you'll need access to the natural wildlife annex so that you can quit once there and spawn from there after every attempt.

Celcius

°Temp. member
What's the story with Seraphic weapons/crystals, can these only be obtained in UVHM?
I play TVHM and I've never seen one.

edit: After 2 hours of checking the Torgue machines, I finally got a DPUH :)
Now to farm the Bunker to get a cool head for my Axton...

edit2: I solo'd Terramorphous and he doesn't drop a single legendary weapon either :(

Blu10

What's the story with Seraphic weapons/crystals, can these only be obtained in UVHM?
I play TVHM and I've never seen one.

You get them from raid bosses (pyro Pete, etc.) in uvhm. They used to drop from them in tvhm, but after the last update it stopped.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally got the Space Knight helmet and changed my look for the first time :)
Do loot midgets not spawn once you complete the game? I never see them anymore...

edit: I go to the wildlife preserve and encounter 2 on my first try

maomaoIYP

Seraph weapons only drop from UVHM raid bosses. You can still buy them at TVHM with crystals, but crystals only drop from UVHM raid bosses now.

IHaveIce

Banned
Uh guys maybe you can answer me this.

So if I would get my xbox character save file on the pc would I get in trouble on steam for playing it? Or would it be allowed? No weapon cheating or anything else, just a character

Edit: ok it seems you don't even get in trouble for downloaded save files, so I think I should be fine

Top Bottom