• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 removing Cross-Play for Playstation Platforms

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Sony’s arrogance towards consumers is what will have it coasting into last place by the end of this generation and into the next
Nah, look at Nintendo and how fans everywhere sucking their dicks. And Sony is amazingly pro-consumer in comparison to that.

elliot5

So do you like to play with these guys and their moded "XXX" weapons that does one hit kill everything?
I mean I report it as cheating.

Cheating it not exclusive to players vs players.... it exists in cooperative too.

jjagUs7.jpg
Then... don't play with them? It's a co-op campaign. You invite your friends you want to play with. If your friend is cheatengine-ing and you don't like that... then don't play with them? How is that hard to understand?

ethomaz

Banned
Then... don't play with them? It's a co-op campaign. You invite your friends you want to play with. If your friend is cheatengine-ing and you don't like that... then don't play with them? How is that hard to understand?
So why cross-play? Make it easy... just allow PS play with PS.
Console gaming is supposed to be a closed play field and ecosystem that everybody are equals.

If you really want to play with your friends then you or your friends can buy another device.

PS. Why should you play Solo a game designed to play co op?

Last edited:

Warablo

Console gaming is supposed to be a closed play field and ecosystem that everybody are equals.

If you really want to play with your friends then you or your friends can buy another device.

There's no sense arguing with you, but you are thinking of it as "playstation" game. When really you should be able to enjoy "Borderlands" with the whole community of the Borderlands game. Its extremely important for niche games and fighters too. It gives all games longer legs and more balanced matchmaking.

I've owned every consoles since NES. Nothing is "supposed" to be anything. It's a closed field because the sheep accept it as that. It's beneficial to you if it's open whether you want to admit it or not. Not a tough concept to grasp, you are purposefully being dense because Sony has a healthy hold on the #2 spot for consoles.

Yeap let play someday I don’t have the last two years characters but that is not a issue ;)

I’m not good with zoomers :(
No worries, I play Guile like a rush down character. Oh yeah, I play bison too, although I like him better in IV.

Btw I play on PC. Since you aren't cool with PlayStation and crossplay, does that mean you don't wanna play with me anymore?

Last edited:

Schmick

Over and over again you only seem interested in representing Sony and PS. You never seem interested in representing the fellow Gamer.

Cross play should be the default option for every game because it is the best for the Gamer. However what also should be the default, is the option to turn off cross play (which pretty much all games with cross play do).

1. Yeap I hated the Pro model that sold the same framrate as base but never delivered but everybody here knows that I don’t like mid-gen upgrades.

2. Different prices for different platforms... or Fire sales... these with better prices have advantages in FTP or MTX focused games.

3. Cross play with PC add a lot of cheaters.

4. Most if not all games have an option just to disable crossplay on the actual session (SFV, CoD, etc)... some do rent have option at all... there is not universal option or a way to disable it forever... that is forced for me.

Crossplay be always Disabled and if the gamers wants to enable then it is his choice but not... we had to received that always enabled crossplay that in some games you can disabled by session.

I think so yes.
The guy shared my replays and in the these the matches seems normal... except when you are playing online against PC players they created artificial lags so they are far way away from you and in the next moment they are closed you hitting... the replay will show the recorded position and not the artificial lag in my client side.

Seems like hey fixed that artificial lag in early 2020... so now it harder to PC players do it... I mean 5 years late?
1 - who cares if you like mid gen upgrades or what you think they tried to sell you on. The point is whether you play with or without cross play, regardless of which ecosystem be it PS, Xbox, or PC, there are hardware differences and advantages. Also, they are mostly irrelevant. It’s not like the days of Quake 3 on 56k Dreamcast going against broadband PC users.

2 - this is another laughably weak argument. For starters, when do games go on sale or have a “fire sale” only on one platform? Also a vast majority of multiplayer games aren’t MTX focused or free to play. Try again.

3 - I play a lot of MP games with cross play on or off and don’t notice any influx of cheaters. This is again where I have to mention you were caught red handed lying your ass off about PC cheaters in SFV just so you could make an argument for Sony.

4 - a game having cross play on by default just shows that even developers know that cross play is the best way to experience the game. But if you load up a MP game and you can turn off cross play, how are you forced to use cross play?

You said most games force you to use cross play. That is outright false. I have never played a game where I can’t disable cross play.

Also, regarding you getting called out for your lies, don’t try to rewrite history. I read the thread, you made tons of posts about how online play in SFV was full of cheating Pc players and how the game was much much better after you disabled cross play.

But someone looked at your stats and you had like 7 or 8 matches in the years since the game had released, and your last match was against a PC user. Which meant that number one, you know nothing by about the online play with such little amount of matches played, and number two, you lied about disabling cross play and having better matches. Because your last match was a PC user. You only had two console matches.

You have no shame and it’s a waste of time trying to educate you on this matter because your opinion will always just be tied to whatever Sony’s position is. You’ll even lie to defend it 🤡🤡😂😂

1 - who cares if you like mid gen upgrades or what you think they tried to sell you on. The point is whether you play with or without cross play, regardless of which ecosystem be it PS, Xbox, or PC, there are hardware differences and advantages. Also, they are mostly irrelevant. It’s not like the days of Quake 3 on 56k Dreamcast going against broadband PC users.

2 - this is another laughably weak argument. For starters, when do games go on sale or have a “fire sale” only on one platform? Also a vast majority of multiplayer games aren’t MTX focused or free to play. Try again.

3 - I play a lot of MP games with cross play on or off and don’t notice any influx of cheaters. This is again where I have to mention you were caught red handed lying your ass off about PC cheaters in SFV just so you could make an argument for Sony.

4 - a game having cross play on by default just shows that even developers know that cross play is the best way to experience the game. But if you load up a MP game and you can turn off cross play, how are you forced to use cross play?

You said most games force you to use cross play. That is outright false. I have never played a game where I can’t disable cross play.

Also, regarding you getting called out for your lies, don’t try to rewrite history. I read the thread, you made tons of posts about how online play in SFV was full of cheating Pc players and how the game was much much better after you disabled cross play.

But someone looked at your stats and you had like 7 or 8 matches in the years since the game had released, and your last match was against a PC user. Which meant that number one, you know nothing by about the online play with such little amount of matches played, and number two, you lied about disabling cross play and having better matches. Because your last match was a PC user. You only had two console matches.

You have no shame and it’s a waste of time trying to educate you on this matter because your opinion will always just be tied to whatever Sony’s position is. You’ll even lie to defend it 🤡🤡😂😂
200.gif

Good, fuck Sony. They've got their heads so far up their asses that they deserve to be singled out and shown to be the ugly stepchild of modern day gaming that they are. Ya love to see it.

ManaByte

rekt GIF

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member

So instead of crossplay (which costs nothing to the end user) -- your suggestion is to buy an additional $500+ console and game...

There is no fucking way you're serious about this.

127601547779.jpg

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Think id get your facts right im not a massive xbox fanboy when PS5 is my main console, need to take your tongue out of Sony's arse cause cross play is widely requested
I remember you voted for Series X on that poll and you kept playing the victim in GP/Xbox threads. Thank you for being honest to yourself and ditching that GP machine as your main. Catlady might stop reacting to all your posts now. Sorry about that.
Formerly 'Mr.Xbox'
tenor.gif
I guess he got caught by the mods lol

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I very much care about Crossplay. To the point that I swapped from Playstation (last gen) to Xbox this gen entirely because Microsoft was better about supporting Crossplay.

Just because you don't give a shit, doesn't mean plenty of consumers do.
Empty words. Name the games you're playing right now that are not crossplay.

ethomaz

Banned
Over and over again you only seem interested in representing Sony and PS. You never seem interested in representing the fellow Gamer.

Cross play should be the default option for every game because it is the best for the Gamer. However what also should be the default, is the option to turn off cross play (which pretty much all games with cross play do).
I disagree.
Crossplay should be off by default and have an option to enable it.

Sadly most games doesn’t allow disable crossplay or just allow to disable for that session :(

That is how bad crossplay is implemented today trying to force you in something you don’t want.

Last edited:

Banned
I disagree.
Crossplay should be off by default and have an option to enable it.

Sadly most games doesn’t allow disable crossplay or just allow to disable for that session :(

That is how bad crossplay is implemented today trying to force you in something you don’t want.

why do you not want crossplay enabled? give me a single good reason for it to be disabled. and remember, in competitive FPS games PC is usually on its own servers and only comes in contact with console if you play together in a party with a PC player

I am ready for the dumbest take any human being ever layed eyes upon, since it's you, a fanboy that I still doubt is a real person and rather believe that you are an elaborate troll account (just for my own sanity) but let's see.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
why do you not want crossplay enabled? give me a single goos reason for it to be disabled. and remember, in competitive gamed PC is usually on its own servers and only cones in contact with console if you play together in a party with a PC player

I am ready for the dumbest take any human being ever layed eyes upon, since it's you, but let's see.
I already give several...

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Empty words. Name the games you're playing right now that are not crossplay.

Nice goalpost move, but I'll bite;

In line with the thread, I care about Borderlands 3. I don't want to only play on Xbox with xbox folks. I have friends who play on Playstation & PC -- and I want to play with them ALL. Not just the PC folks.

But honestly, that's irrelevant. My decision to switch to Xbox this gen is because of the way MS has publicly supported Cross play, (including "Play Anywhere" titles, since I have a gaming PC as well) -- Sony has at every opportunity dragged it's feet in regards to it, or blocked it. I can care about the way a company operates, and vote with my wallet. It's not up to you if the reason I chose one console over the other is "valid" - and to assume so is remarkably arrogant.

Even if I never played a crossplay game, I would still vehemently disagree with the way Sony has chosen to position themselves, and I've adjusted my preferred console accordingly. Because there are more people than me out there who care more than I do. And I remember being a kid and being so upset when I found my friends had a different console, and we couldn't play together. It annoyed the hell out of me then, and the prospect of it continuing to happen annoys the hell out of me now.

Last edited:

MScarpa

I take it you didn't see that episode of south park to get that joke. Whatever though, I'm done chatting with you since you seem kind of retarded.
Oh Will, how can you be done chatting? You know were buddies. Relax a little, take a deep breath. Don't want your blood pressure to get to high. The doctor warned you about that. Maybe you should go for a walk. Take that little cute blonde wife with you and relax my man.

Pull n Pray

Banned
As a Playstation owner, I could care less about cross-play. Not having cross-play with pc actually makes most games better and it's just completely unnecessary to have cross play with Xbox.

It's just hilarious how badly all theses Xbox fans want cross-play with Playstation. Yaw go, play with your lil Xbox friends and leave Playstation out of it.
Trust me, none of us want to play with you. But some people who mainly play on PlayStation are actually pretty cool.

You’re worried about cheaters from Xbox and Switch? How is that a thing?

its not a thing.

Just like monetization advantages aren’t a thing.
Just like hardware advantages aren’t a thing.
Just like forced cross play is not a thing.

It’s almost as if he’s desperately pulling shit out of his ass just to toe the company line. I use company symbolically there, he of course doesn’t work for Sony, despite what his posts say.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Who the fuck wanna play with PC players as a PS player? Also why PC players are the only ones crying here? Don't they shitpost about consoles all the time? Enjoy your own community then.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Because games.

You only build a hive mind or holds it if you keep delivering new and great gaming experiences.
First time I've seen hive mind as something positive.

From Oxford languages:
a notional entity consisting of a large number of people who share their knowledge or opinions with one another, regarded as producing either uncritical conformity or collective intelligence.
"he has become one of those celebrities whose online presence has made him a favourite of the internet hive mind"

Bo_Hazem

Banned
First time I've seen hive mind as something positive.

From Oxford languages:
a notional entity consisting of a large number of people who share their knowledge or opinions with one another, regarded as producing either uncritical conformity or collective intelligence.
"he has become one of those celebrities whose online presence has made him a favourite of the internet hive mind"

Haven't you wondered why only non-PS players are bitching about it here? Who's really losing here?

Crossplay shouldn't be allowed, at all, even with other consoles. A platform should have full control of the community for offenders to be reviewed and shut down.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Haven't you wondered why only non-PS players are bitching about it here? Who's really losing here?

Crossplay shouldn't be allowed, at all, even with other consoles. A platform should have full control of the community for offenders to be reviewed and shut down.
I've seen many ps players "bitching" about Sony not allowing cross play. Those are of course burried over Sony fanboys who uncritically shares the same opinion as Sony, no matter what.

While the debate is very long ago, before Sony allowed to be paid for cross play, there were the fanboy made thinking it was a good idea, while the non bias Sony players really wanted cross play to play with their friends.

I've played fortnite on both ps4 and pc, and the heavy auto aim compensates a lot for the mouse precision.

Also, nice find from a 3 year old article where cross play were something new. Must feel fantastic finding such an old post that agrees with you.

You do know you can deactivate cross play if you want to, right?
Or do you find ps users so retarded that they aren't capable of manually activating it or deactivate it? Does papa Jim need to dictate what you should do? Just to make everything clear, I think ps users are clever enough to have the choice.

But okay, what to expect from a group of hive minded people who keeps saying all features other platforms have are trash and sonys only momentum is there games.

Up until they get released on pc, then they become shit for some reason.

Also, crazy for someone to defend a walled garden. No wonder you can't see the grass on the other side when you are being locked up in that prisons high walls.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I've seen many ps players "bitching" about Sony not allowing cross play. Those are of course burried over Sony fanboys who uncritically shares the same opinion as Sony, no matter what.

While the debate is very long ago, before Sony allowed to be paid for cross play, there were the fanboy made thinking it was a good idea, while the non bias Sony players really wanted cross play to play with their friends.

I've played fortnite on both ps4 and pc, and the heavy auto aim compensates a lot for the mouse precision.

Also, nice find from a 3 year old article where cross play were something new. Must feel fantastic finding such an old post that agrees with you.

You do know you can deactivate cross play if you want to, right?
Or do you find ps users so retarded that they aren't capable of manually activating it or deactivate it? Does papa Jim need to dictate what you should do? Just to make everything clear, I think ps users are clever enough to have the choice.

But okay, what to expect from a group of hive minded people who keeps saying all features other platforms have are trash and sonys only momentum is there games.

Up until they get released on pc, then they become shit for some reason.

Also, crazy for someone to defend a walled garden. No wonder you can't see the grass on the other side when you are being locked up in that prisons high walls.

Nah, I've seen what PC crossplay or even cross leaderboard means. The Crew 1 had them cheaters making 1s drag times and flooding the leaderboard. The Crew 2 seems to have made the right call and cut them out.

So yes, PS community is pretty healthy and no need for a PC mix. Wanna play with PS players? Buy a fucking PS console.

Graciaus

Who the fuck wanna play with PC players as a PS player? Also why PC players are the only ones crying here? Don't they shitpost about consoles all the time? Enjoy your own community then.
Probably because it increases the size of the community by a huge amount. Why wouldn't you want it with everyone is a better question. Cheating blah blah. Diablo 3 is unplayable on consoles online and cheating exists in many other games without being tied to PC. If people are cheating that has more to do with a person then a system. Other then brand allegiance there is no reason to not want cross play.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Probably because it increases the size of the community by a huge amount. Why wouldn't you want it with everyone is a better question. Cheating blah blah. Diablo 3 is unplayable on consoles online and cheating exists in many other games without being tied to PC. If people are cheating that has more to do with a person then a system. Other then brand allegiance there is no reason to not want cross play.

Who plays Diablo 3 anyway? It's mostly a boomer game. I'd quit gaming if the industry was stuck in that ancient style.

Graciaus

Who plays Diablo 3 anyway? It's mostly a boomer game. I'd quit gaming if the industry was stuck in that ancient style.
I like how you ignored everything to make what you thought was a witty comeback. But then you realize Diablo 3 sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best selling games of all time.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I like how you ignored everything to make what you thought was a witty comeback. But then you realize Diablo 3 sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best selling games of all time.

I'm 100% serious, you need to pay me monthly to force me to play it. I'll sincerely quit gaming and play something basic like chess or cards. No wonder it's dead because the vast majority doesn't care about it. Selling over 30M doesn't change a thing, there is just a lifespan for every game.

zaanan

Banned
1. I've never seen evidence that Sony was in favor of crossplay with Xbox in the PS3 days, just that they would do PC crossplay (which matches their current opinion on crossplay)

2. Treating a giant company like a singular person and acting like complete changes in leadership can't or won't change how a company operates, is quite a foolish opinion

3. If in the future Xbox decides they don't want crossplay anymore, guess what, people will start hating on Xbox for doing that, so who cares about a hypothetical situation in the future. It's like you're trying to justify a pro-company anti-consumer move just because your favorite company is the one doing it, instead of caring about what is OBJECTIVELY a pro consumer move with no possible negative effects for you as a consumer, so why are you so against it?

Also this notion that Xbox players are desperately in need of crossplay because of low player counts is hilariously misguided and nothing but fanboy-driven nonsense, crossplay allows friends to play with each other, and allows dying games to last longer (or even thrive) on every platform, the ONLY potential downside to crossplay is PC crossplay (which Sony has no problem with btw), in terms of keyboard+mouse and potentially more hackers, but even that gets overexaggerated.

I hope every single company does this and makes it very clear that Sony is the reason for no crossplay, so Sony is forced to stop with their nonsense policy that hurts the industry just because they're worried that people might game more on other platforms if they aren't held hostage by Sony. And I promise you that I wanted crossplay just as much in the 360 era, just in case you try and argue that I only want crossplay because Xbox is "losing".

Newsflash, it's possible to be in favor of a decision Xbox makes and against a decision Playstation makes, and STILL BE A PLAYSTATION GAMER, I swear some people here seem to base their opinions on a decision based solely on which company made it (and yes Xbox fanboys are just as bad, but this is a heavily Sony slanted forum so the Playstation fanboys are more prevalent here)
1. Final Fantasy did it since PS2. What changed in PS3 days? Read quote from MS at end of this article:
2. Treating a single person as solely responsible for the entire direction of a giant company is a fucking naive opinion that disregards the company board, culture, bureaucracy, mission, vision, etc etc etc.
3. You bring up a hypothetical, then say “who cares about hypotheticals.” Then ask why I am so against crossplay. Did you even read my post? I am not against crossplay at all. I merely pointed out that Sony is correct to charge for potential loss of revenue. This is similar to a developer charging a console maker a fee for exclusivity, to make up for lost revenue on other systems.

Most of the rest of your post is nonsensical hyperbolic ranting that has nothing to do with my point. I do take exception to your characterization of this site as a “heavily Sony slanted forum” though. For evidence, look how many posts on this thread are giving Sony shit about a sound business decision, and how fast my pro-business post got dogpiled, simply because the business in question was Sony.

Last edited:

ManaByte

1. Final Fantasy did it since PS2. What changed in PS3 days? Read quote from MS at end of this article:

They were kind of forced to with FFXI because both console and PC players all played on the same server. When Sony released the PS2 Slim (and in the process killed the PS2 HDD) and Square moved FFXI over to the 360 it had to be crossplay by default due to how Square built the game. FFXIV is the same.

zaanan

Banned
They were kind of forced to with FFXI because both console and PC players all played on the same server. When Sony released the PS2 Slim (and in the process killed the PS2 HDD) and Square moved FFXI over to the 360 it had to be crossplay by default due to how Square built the game. FFXIV is the same.
Ok Quick-Draw McGraw! Did you read the quote from Microsoft? It directly communicates Microsoft’s opposition to crossplay with Playstation in the PS3-X360 days. I can find no quote from that era where Sony said they were opposed to it. Therefore the evidence only shows Microsoft as against it then, not Sony.

Schmick

Ok Quick-Draw McGraw! Did you read the quote from Microsoft? It directly communicates Microsoft’s opposition to crossplay with Playstation in the PS3-X360 days. I can find no quote from that era where Sony said they were opposed to it. Therefore the evidence only shows Microsoft as against it then, not Sony.
I honestly can't see any relevance to this. So what if MS didn't want cross play back then. I did! It was shitty back then and it's shitty now Sony have decided to not fully embrace it.

zaanan

Banned
I honestly can't see any relevance to this. So what if MS didn't want cross play back then. I did! It was shitty back then and it's shitty now Sony have decided to not fully embrace it.
Again, nothing to do with my post or point. Is reading comprehension even a thing anymore?
EHYEFre.jpg

Mods, thank you for labelling this thread as Drama. Might I suggest “Pointless Drama” as a more descriptive label? ;)

Schmick

Again, nothing to do with my post or point. Is reading comprehension even a thing anymore?
EHYEFre.jpg

Mods, thank you for labelling this thread as Drama. Might I suggest “Pointless Drama” as a more descriptive label? ;)
What did I miss?

Top Bottom