• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

KanameYuuki

Oh man, so I finally got to the final boss of claptrap's DLC, who had the brilliant idea to approve this boss, it is not challenging, it is just tedious, and just one dumb mistake and I have to start all over. more than 30 min wasted and I had him on 40% HP.

THEF3AR

Hey I'm looking for any Borderlands players, specifically Borderlands 2 on Xbox One.

Send me a friend request if interested in playing.

GT: F3AR THE LEGEND

Just ordered this, from what I've read BL2 is the one to stick to after beating it for farming and more fun, correct? If so I'm mostly going to be playing solo, is Maya ok for solo play?

IvanJ

Banned
Playing PreSequel first, as I had no prior chance to do it. Enjoying it a whole lot, but BL1 is still my favorite. This franchise has quickly become one of my Top5 franchises.
There is so much to do in both games, and with all DLCs I can see myself having a blast for months to come.

Just ordered this, from what I've read BL2 is the one to stick to after beating it for farming and more fun, correct? If so I'm mostly going to be playing solo, is Maya ok for solo play?

Yes. Siren is very powerful once you learn how to use her right.

There's a ton of information at the Siren forum on Gearbox's old website, which will reduce the learning curve quite a bit.

Start with this thread: http://oldforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=363249

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man, the RAID bosses in BL2 are all garbage. Either exploit the few of them that allow it, or just come back after boosting your levels to mad degrees. Terrible.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Well, after owning the game on PS3 and 360, the third time's a charm as I finally completed Borderlands 2 on PS4. I really enjoyed the game overall, especially the humor! I'll probably give Pre Sequel a shot in the near future, but I think I'm going to try and beat something else in my backlog first.

El_Chino

Where is the damn patch for XB1!?

It's been over a month...
tumblr_lr1f6uNe971qhtjfto1_r2_500.gif

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Well, after owning the game on PS3 and 360, the third time's a charm as I finally completed Borderlands 2 on PS4. I really enjoyed the game overall, especially the humor! I'll probably give Pre Sequel a shot in the near future, but I think I'm going to try and beat something else in my backlog first.

Yea I owned BL2 on 360/Steam but this is the first time I ever finished it myself.

I do recommend checking out some of the DLC if you haven't. Torgue and Hammerlock episodes are pretty lame, but the Pirate one and Tiny Tina's DLC is pretty fantastic. Also the mini-episodes like Halloween, Christmas, and even the Rotgut distillery are short but equally awesome.

netguy503

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread but the Handsome collection is $49.99 at best buy this week ( a even $40 including tax w/GCU, god I LOVE GCU). I got it for the GCU price. I've only played BL2 and never touched the other game. GAF, did I do good?

So if anyone of you is looking to play on PS4 my PSN is :Netguy503. Please no blank friend requests. Also, since I just got the game and my vacation ended yesterday, I'm playing from the start on both games. Thank you.

BigDug13

Yea I owned BL2 on 360/Steam but this is the first time I ever finished it myself.

I do recommend checking out some of the DLC if you haven't. Torgue and Hammerlock episodes are pretty lame, but the Pirate one and Tiny Tina's DLC is pretty fantastic. Also the mini-episodes like Halloween, Christmas, and even the Rotgut distillery are short but equally awesome.

Torgue's campaign is good for the legendary machines as well as the great Torgue character. Tiny Tina is the only one with real quality as it was the only one made by Gearbox themselves and not farmed out.

I forgot how tedious UVHM is solo. Trying to play with Maya with slag phaselock and it still took forever and all my ammo to fight past boom bewm with the infinitely respawning psychos.

Frostburn

Is that the only way? I'd much rather copy and paste via a website rather than doing it individually via a damn playstation controller.

Seems to be the only way. I have the PC version and PS4 version and I can't do anything from that shift website. Have to enter them all in game.

I love all the BL2 DLC except Hammerlock. Hammerlock had a lot of effort put into it but lacks personality.

Is that the only way? I'd much rather copy and paste via a website rather than doing it individually via a damn playstation controller.

What I do on XB1 is input the codes via SmartGlass. I think PS4 has a similar solution?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Does the DLC unlock after completing the campaign? I had to rush my butt to bed after finishing it last night.

So I've probably been doing them all along since I completed virtually every side quest I could get my hands on.

Maybe. The game doesn't really lead you to those DLC areas, though.

Tiny Tina: Unassuming Docks
Captain Scarlett: Oasis
Torgue: Badass Crater of Badassitude
Hammerlock: Hunter's Grotto

Creature Slaughterdome: Natural Selection Annex

T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest: Hallowed Hollow
The Horrible Hunger: Gluttony Gulch
How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day: Frost Bottom
Mad Moxxi: Rotgut Distillery
Sir Hammerlock vs: Wam Bam Island

shiba5

Actually been watching Gaige videos, is she or maya better for solo?

Gaige is very easy and her Anarchy tree does insane damage. She doesn't have a slag mechanic though which means you'll be swapping weapons a lot once you get to UVHM.
All the characters are easy until you hit UVHM. Even then it's mostly a matter of gearing them correctly - and whether or not you want to try to solo raids. Some of them are much better than others at ripping through the end game stuff. (*coughSalvador)
I solo'd Maya through nearly all the end game content, but I had to farm a lot of gear to do it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. Playing BL2 at 60fps has been glorious.

Quick question, can I start a TVHM game and go right to the DLC? I just played Pirate's Booty but it loses any fun it had when I'm level 37 with Golden Key loot so nothing is worthwhile. Want to boost it up a bit for the next few DLCs since I never played any of them after Pirate's Booty in the original release.

If you're 37, you should be fine. It will scale to your level (in the case 37) and will continue to do so up to the level cap, which is 50 in TVHM.

Anyone online right now to help me with last boss on Claptrap DLC? Playing on Xbox One, Gamertag is DJ Catskratch. Thanks in advance!

bebop242

Any patch news?

Not really, they said awhile back that there was a lot of progress, but no ETA.

At least for me BL2 runs good and i still have a ton to do in it, so I'm good but i still hope they release the patch soon. It should have not shipped with TPS in its current state.

Started playing this recently on xb1. Usually on around 8-9pm pst until 1030-11pm. If anyone out there wants to roll with me. Just got to sanctuary. Gamer tag is same as my gaf username

Top Bottom