• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

KanameYuuki

Alright, I got my Plat on BL2, Slag Licked challenge was bugged with Negative numbers so challenge accepted was the only one missing but it just fixed itself after killing a lot of enemies.

I don't know If I should 100% it, I'm screwed because I can't re do and re discover with my Mechro, but I think I still can with my Gunzerker.

I hope to do it soon so I can start with pre sequel.

Guns/gear, badass rank and skills are all in tact. You have to go rediscover locations in TVHM and UVHM though, which can kind of be a pain if you're not the type who does a bunch of side quests.

How about challenges? Will I have to do them all again for the achievement?

Just finished Borderlands 2's campaign.
End boss was a bit of a disappointment both design wise and difficult wise. One of the easiest bosses in the game to be honest.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What carries over when you start the New Game Plus?

That's just an Xbox One issue. I've had it happen to me a few times, don't worry, you'll get the achievement. Sometimes it my take a day or two but they always unlock eventually. They may pop (I've had them pop when watching Netflix before) but most of the times they'll just appear.

Eventually....sheesh.

Jblanks

So I just beat TVHM and hit level 50.

Any ideas on what to do now ? I haven't played any of the DLC yet, so should i do a couple of those and then go to UVHM or vice versa? I might need to get some better gear in order to stand a chance in UVHM, but after a couple of levels that gear would become worthless.

Also anyone have any good builds of Gaige for around level 50? I've been playing around with a few different builds, and I don't think I'm maximizing the class.

Jezbollah

Any ideas on what to do now ? I haven't played any of the DLC yet, so should i do a couple of those and then go to UVHM or vice versa? I might need to get some better gear in order to stand a chance in UVHM, but after a couple of levels that gear would become worthless.

Also anyone have any good builds of Gaige for around level 50? I've been playing around with a few different builds, and I don't think I'm maximizing the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65uGxCF1yM

Fun as FUCK.

Ushay

Will I be able to import my save from X360? Even though I have sold my 360?

ie Xbox 360 --> Xbox One ??

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Will I be able to import my save from X360? Even though I have sold my 360?

ie Xbox 360 --> Xbox One ??

Nope. You have to have both systems and copies on hand. You must upload your game in the 360 and then download it on One.

You can also only do one character at a time. It's stupidly inefficient.

hydruxo

I've been using this build and it's great. Focuses on the left and right trees.

As far as what to do when you hit level 50, you're in playthrough 2.5 now which means all the enemies will max out at level 50-52 and you have greatly reduced XP gain. This is pretty much so that you by the time you start UVHM you don't have a bunch of weapons that are already severely underleveled from the start. I'd say you should go farm for some legendaries / unique gear to get you going. Go get a Bee Shield, a Sand Hawk (Scarlett DLC), maybe an Unkempt Harold (farm torgue tokens at pyro pete's bar in the torgue dlc then buy it from the torgue vending machines), and a Slagga (Tector & Jimbo Hodunk drop it). Definitely want to make sure you have a slag weapon, because it's really vital in UVHM. Bee Shield is a huge, huge help in UVHM (at least until you level up enough to get better gear afterwards) because it helps certain weapons do way more damage than they should so they'll last you longer than most others.

AdaWong

Problem with Gaige is that she's one of the most technical classes; she can be extremely good only if you utilize her skills and choose weapons that compliment them very well. There's an amazing build for her on Gearbox forums. I'm on mobile so I can't really link it right now, but hopefully will later.

Jblanks

That video is from 2012; I've read that the middle tree isn't very ideal for Gaige.

I've been using this build and it's great. Focuses on the left and right trees.

As far as what to do when you hit level 50, you're in playthrough 2.5 now which means all the enemies will max out at level 50-52 and you have greatly reduced XP gain. This is pretty much so that you by the time you start UVHM you don't have a bunch of weapons that are already severely underleveled from the start. I'd say you should go farm for some legendaries / unique gear to get you going. Go get a Bee Shield, a Sand Hawk (Scarlett DLC), maybe an Unkempt Harold (farm torgue tokens at pyro pete's bar in the torgue dlc then buy it from the torgue vending machines), and a Slagga (Tector & Jimbo Hodunk drop it). Definitely want to make sure you have a slag weapon, because it's really vital in UVHM. Bee Shield is a huge, huge help in UVHM (at least until you level up enough to get better gear afterwards) because it helps certain weapons do way more damage than they should so they'll last you longer than most others.

Alright thanks. That build looks pretty similar to mine, so I'll make some tweaks. I got the Bee Shield last night, so i'll do some more farming for the others.

Problem with Gaige is that she's one of the most technical classes; she can be extremely good only if you utilize her skills and choose weapons that compliment them very well. There's an amazing build for her on Gearbox forums. I'm on mobile so I can't really link it right now, but hopefully will later.

Yea I've found that out. I really like her, especially while I'm playing solo right now, but it seems like it might take awhile to master and get the perfect setup which is kind of a bummer..

KanameYuuki

It's really a shame Gaige's elemental skill is so useless in UVHM, it was so much fun to watch everything shocked and burning on the other playthroughs, I just have some points in that tree because I have nothing else to spec to and for the Light show, but a pure elemental gaige is still good enough for the first two runs.

Jblanks

So I accidentally killed the Hodunks instead of the Zafords because I thought they both dropped the Slagga... So there goes getting the Slagga I guess lol.

I did get a Maggie out of a random chest though...

hydruxo

So I accidentally killed the Hodunks instead of the Zafords because I thought they both dropped the Slagga... So there goes getting the Slagga I guess lol.

I did get a Maggie out of a random chest though...

Do you mean you killed the Zafords instead of the Hodunks? Hodunks do drop the Slagga. And you can get one from the Handsome Dragon in the Tiny Tina DLC too, but it's more of a pain to farm.

JTripper

Anyone do the holodome yet? I think it sucks. I hate arena based events in games.

I'm on round 4 quest-wise and I'm doing it with a friend, if anyone wants to join I'll be on tonight around 11 on PS4. My PSN is JxOxHxNxSxOxN

Man playing this again.. I love it. I never got to finish BL2 last gen and I'm having so much fun. Haven't started TPS yet

I do have a question.. Does it seem like they changed the spawning of baddies in some areas? Or they got harder or something. Maybe it's because I'm playing with the Mechromancer instead of my normal Gunzerker. It just seems a little more difficult

Jblanks

So I think what I'm reading is that I should be farming gear right now at level 50, and then once I'm fully geared jump into UVHM ? Farming includes getting some gear from DLC also. Then every couple levels use some golden keys to get gear for that level.

Any other weapons like the Slagga that would be a good slag option in UVHM? I'm still pissed that I choose the wrong side because that's a pretty easy farm to do, and a great weapon...

hydruxo

So I think what I'm reading is that I should be farming gear right now at level 50, and then once I'm fully geared jump into UVHM ? Farming includes getting some gear from DLC also. Then every couple levels use some golden keys to get gear for that level.

Any other weapons like the Slagga that would be a good slag option in UVHM? I'm still pissed that I choose the wrong side because that's a pretty easy farm to do, and a great weapon...

You don't necessarily have to be fully geared, but definitely get some level 50 legendaries/uniques while you can. You're still going to get XP while farming for gear, so if you hit 52 you might want to ahead and start UVHM.

Grog Nozzle is a good slag option, you can get it in the Tiny Tina DLC.

shiba5

Grog Nozzle which is given to you by Claptrap at the beginning of The Beard Makes the Man. Never turn this quest in if you want to keep it. The Grog only dropped as regular loot during the Loot Hunt they did awhile back.
It heals you too - much better than any other Moxxi weapon.

Jblanks

Thanks guys.

I'll go get it now. Although that sucks that I won't be able to do the DLC; but I guess it'll only last a couple levels anyhow.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Anyone do the holodome yet? I think it sucks. I hate arena based events in games.

I'm on round 4 quest-wise and I'm doing it with a friend, if anyone wants to join I'll be on tonight around 11 on PS4. My PSN is JxOxHxNxSxOxN

That thing was complete and utter crap. Mad Moxxis from the first game was worse, but this is easily second worst.

shiba5

It's not in my inventory (the one claptrap gave me).

They must've patched it in the HJC.

Oops, sorry. I was thinking of something else. Yeah, it gets removed once you start UVHM because you no longer have access to the quest. I wish they had kept it as a drop after the Loot Hunt.

I'd give you a Slagga, but I think the only ones I have are 61 and 72.

Jblanks

Oops, sorry. I was thinking of something else. Yeah, it gets removed once you start UVHM because you no longer have access to the quest. I wish they had kept it as a drop after the Loot Hunt.

I'd give you a Slagga, but I think the only ones I have are 61 and 72.

Ah damn; and thanks for the offer !

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have both controllers turned on and yet, I don't have the option to join in.

Why in the fuck can't these goddamn games work?

Is that horrible framerate in Borderlands 2 in the early part, normal? The Southern Shelf location for example?

Im really shocked how awful the framerate is.

Im playing on XboxOne.

What level do I need to be to do Claptastic Voyage? I accidentally just finished the main story in TPS. It felt shorter than Borderlands 2 but I think I actually enjoyed it more.

Anyone have any experience of bugs with the Captain Scarlett DLC? Especially the
kill toothless Terry
mission?

I can't manage to activate the gate, pulling the lever does nothing. Have tried restarting the mission and it happens every time I play through it

shiba5

Deadlift was a bullshit boss. I'm not sure if I'm liking the pre-sequel at the moment.

He is shit, but you can get him to come to you by hiding on the stairs (left-hand side). They can't be electrified. Shoot him with a shock weapon (because he's all shield) and he's easy to kill because he has so few hit points.

TVHM is kicking my arse. Don't know if I'll be able to make to through it.

Just started my playthrough of that as well in BL2 and I've died about 15 times between southern shelf and leading up to the fight with Capt. Flynt. Guess I really do need to get some better gear (at least a better shield).

Anyone up for some PS4 co-op? PSN is here4payne. Shoot me an invite. I'm CST and play mostly late night (after 8 PM, usually can go to around midnight).

Top Bottom