• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

Egg0

Banned
So the XB1 store lists The Handsome Collection, but they also list BL2 and TPS separately. However when you go into BL2 or TPS, it says that it's bundled.

Have they said anything about selling these games separately at all?

Derpyduck

Banned
Does the PS4 version have the same graphical issues as the Xbox One?

I had no tearing on BL2. I saw XB1 users saw it with the opening of Pre Sequel so I fired that up on PS4 and I saw no tearing there. So far from my limited single player experience on PS4, it's really good.

Is the dlc out yet?

The DLC, at least on PS4, was available on Sunday when the preload went up. It was about 8 gig.

Kadin

So the XB1 store lists The Handsome Collection, but they also list BL2 and TPS separately. However when you go into BL2 or TPS, it says that it's bundled.

Have they said anything about selling these games separately at all?
No mention officially. Have to wonder if that will happen though at some point.

Egg0

Banned
No mention officially. Have to wonder if that will happen though at some point.

I hope they do it like how Metro 2033/Last light did it.

I don't really want to pay $60 for both these games. If I just spent 50+ hours with BL2, I'm probably going to be done with a BL game for awhile.

I've played enough of BL2 on 360 that I would pay $30 for it and its DLC.

hawk2025

I had no tearing on BL2. I saw XB1 users saw it with the opening of Pre Sequel so I fired that up on PS4 and I saw no tearing there. So far from my limited single player experience on PS4, it's really good.

The DLC, at least on PS4, was available on Sunday when the preload went up. It was about 8 gig.

How solid is the framerate?

LordofPwn

Transfered all of my saves without any problems last night and then started up a new playthrough of 2 as Craig. Have to get used to the aiming after playing Destiny for the past few months (700ish hours) Still an incredibly fun game and i can not wait to start up the pre-sequel sometime next week maybe.

OtakuReborn124

Neo Member
Does anybody know if there is a compelling reason to get one version over the other? I have both systems and I was thinking of the XB1 version because it is far more likely for me to have 4 XB1 controllers than 4 PS4 controllers (mostly because of MCC).

LordofPwn

Does anybody know if there is a compelling reason to get one version over the other? I have both systems and I was thinking of the XB1 version because it is far more likely for me to have 4 XB1 controllers than 4 PS4 controllers (mostly because of MCC).

If you've played Borderlands 2 on 360 or PS3 keep it in the same family for save transfer, otherwise which ever you prefer the controls on.

for $60 you're getting a game that came out less than 6 months ago plus the season pass for it. Plus Borderlands 2 and all of its DLC for free.

I guess its better if I look at it as getting a complete edition of PS and I am getting BL2 as a bonus.

But TBH it isnt the value proposition... I just dont want to waste the HDD space. If I could just DL Pre Sequel that would be lovely.

I guess its better if I look at it as getting a complete edition of PS and I am getting BL2 as a bonus.

But TBH it isnt the value proposition... I just dont want to waste the HDD space. If I could just DL Pre Sequel that would be lovely.

They DL as separate games. Feel free to delete BL2.

get one for each!!that's what I do
I played black flag on the 360,one and PS4
yeah. I know, I am nuts.. but if I like a game
I will buy it for more than 1 console

LordofPwn

I just dont want to waste the HDD space.
I've got a 2TB drive in my PS4, you should upgrade, or you can always just remove older games you don't play anymore from your system.

They DL as separate games. Feel free to delete BL2.

Wait really? i figured it was just 1 big file cause when i start it up it gives me an option to play 1 or the other, not as separate apps (which would be preferable.)

schaft0620

I accidently sold off the lightning shield you need to
kill the cameras

fuck I can't find another one anywhere.

rainy_day

Man I would kill to have my 360 save move to PS4, I put so much time into my characters over there. O well, worth the switch but really wish there was away to move from 360 to PS4.

Will probably pick this up on sale at some point.

no maam

Banned
Really surprised how well bl2 is running on the xbone. No screen tears and framerate is pretty solid. Pc has spoiled me though, because God damn that horrible fov. But I can sacrifice that to play with a few friends (along with no pc to xbone save transfer).

I'm getting screen tearing out the wazoo on my Xbox One version. I'm one that is not bothered by small amounts of tearing but this cannot be unseen. I've only played the Pre-Sequel though so don't take this to mean I've seen it across the board.

Kadin

I'm getting screen tearing out the wazoo on my Xbox One version. I'm one that is not bothered by small amounts of tearing but this cannot be unseen. I've only played the Pre-Sequel though so don't take this to mean I've seen it across the board.
Yup, it's a very common issue that most people it seems are seeing with TPS on XB1. I played a few hours of BL2 last night with not a single occurrence of it. Seems exclusive to TPS. Let's just hope a patch can somehow fix it because honestly, it's unplayable to me because it's beyond annoying to see it all the time.

skybald

I wonder if I can get my girlfriend into this game. I haven't played BL2 yet or the prequel even though I easily put 70 hours into BL2 (solo!).

EagleEyes

Yup, it's a very common issue that most people it seems are seeing with TPS on XB1. I played a few hours of BL2 last night with not a single occurrence of it. Seems exclusive to TPS. Let's just hope a patch can somehow fix it because honestly, it's unplayable to me because it's beyond annoying to see it all the time.
I concur. This needs to be fixed asap. Just give us a vsync option and cap it at 30 fps since thats what all the other Borderlands ran at and played just fine imo.

Kadin

A quick head's up as I just learned this. All the 360 Shift codes work on the XB1 provided you haven't used them previously on 360. I assume it's the same for PS3 to PS4 but can't validate that. Codes in black writing are still valid.

BL2 Shift Codes
TPS Shift Codes

Xander51

Played about an hour of TPS on PS4. There's no tearing to speak of in gameplay...though the opening video had some tearing weirdly enough. The game does get a little framey at times, seemingly at random, but it looks like Vsync remains engaged so I got some lovely stutter. Still a dramatic improvement over the old console versions.

bebop242

Played about an hour of TPS on PS4. There's no tearing to speak of in gameplay...though the opening video had some tearing weirdly enough. The game does get a little framey at times, seemingly at random, but it looks like Vsync remains engaged so I got some lovely stutter. Still a dramatic improvement over the old console versions.

Thats good to hear. I can handle some studder, but screen tearing can go fuck right off. No excuse for that when it comes to a remaster of a previous gen title.

rcl66

Both the game and update file are installed but selecting Downloadable content on the main menu says there is no additional content available at this time. Anyone else seeing the content or the problem on ps4? You don't hsve to get to a certain point to unlock it do you?

Slayven

Both the game and update file are installed but selecting Downloadable content on the main menu says there is no additional content available at this time. Anyone else seeing the content or the problem on ps4? You don't hsve to get to a certain point to unlock it do you?

If I remember correctly you have to get to the main gamehub, Sanctuary in BL 2 and I forget the name of the city in TPS

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bought this for PS4. The Prequel does stutter a fair but, and I saw some slight tearing in the top area of the TV. I am generally sensitive to this stuff, so the stutter was a bit annoying. Its not maintaining 60FPS most of the time. Played about 4 hours in co op with a friend. Didn't touch BL2.

Otherwise fun game, I had never played the series before aside from a brief stint on PC.

I just gave in and snagged this. I was addicted to Borderlands 2 on the 360. I bought the PS4 version though. I didn't want to deal with the graphical issues on the Xbox One even if it meant the irritating issue of replaying countless hours of content. I also bought Bloodbourne but it won't arrive for a few days. I used my amazon credit which I then replenished with some credit card points. I bought the download version since this games trade in value will plummet soon and since Bloodbourne won't arrive until the 27th.

no doubt this will drop sooner. Its actually making me rethink getting now and maybe just wait for a price drop/sale.

A quick head's up as I just learned this. All the 360 Shift codes work on the XB1 provided you haven't used them previously on 360. I assume it's the same for PS3 to PS4 but can't validate that. Codes in black writing are still valid.

BL2 Shift Codes
TPS Shift Codes

I can confirm that the PS3 codes DOES work for the PS4. Tried it on the presequel.

GravyButt

Never played a borderlands game.

Think its a good time to jump in? Is it fun solo?

If I were to buy, should I play the presquel first or bl 2? Which one do you guys like better?

Thanks!!

Korosenai

So, my friend just got the Handsome Collection. He's never played pre sequel before, hasn't transferred any saves, yet the game gave him a badass ranking of 5,400.

Edit: he also just made a new baroness and the game decided to give him two purple weapons to start, and $37,000. Wtf is happening.

Fjordson

Never played a borderlands game.

Think its a good time to jump in? Is it fun solo?

If I were to buy, should I play the presquel first or bl 2? Which one do you guys like better?

Thanks!!
It is fun solo. Though make sure to do some of side quests. The main story enemies can get a little tough if you're under leveled and alone. But I've only played BL 1 and 2 solo and have enjoyed both.

Top Bottom