• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

What's up with the framerate? I can run BL2 and the Pre-Sequel at a solid 40fps on my MBP, and it was a locked 1080/60/high-ultra on my old Y500. I can't imagine either console has any legitimate reason to struggle with these games.

Loyalty Rewards are temp delayed.

But here's 25 Golden Keys until the 31st.

BL2:
PS3/PS4/Vita: KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H
Xbox 360 / Xbox One: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395
PC / Mac: WBK3T-BKW6T-TXTRK-JTTBT-C6BS5

BL:TPS
PS3/PS4: 555JT-6TTX5-SFBKT-HTW33-T3F3T
Xbox 360/Xbox One: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC
PC/Mac/Linux: KKWBJ-6B5FJ-3JJBT-JBBJB-WWH6X

Looking at the comments on that link it seems that transferring your badass skills is still a pain, something that's been an issue since the Vita release. You think they would have fixed it for a larger scale release but...nope.

Juz

I've already played through BL2 + the DLC but will probably get this for the Pre-Sequel and for some sweet split-screen action.

LesPaul

I played the first one but never finished it.....after I am finished with Bloodborne and Metro Last Light I will probably pick this up.

chiliboy

from a trophy/achievement point of view, how is the handsome collection? I don't mind difficult or long trophies, what I hate is luck based and unfair ones.

Has anyone of you had the problems with transfering his Badass point from the PS3 Savegame to a PS4 Savegame? Because I want my Baddasspoints they make the start of a new Game much easier.

Cairnsay

Banned
Cannot wait to get back into Borderlands again, completely skipped the pre-sequel. Still, I think the lure of Borderlands 2 may be to great to resist. Don't get to play till friday when it hits in the UK but if anyone is up for co-op after then give me an add, PSN: sushimonster85.

Ascenion

from a trophy/achievement point of view, how is the handsome collection? I don't mind difficult or long trophies, what I hate is luck based and unfair ones.

I'm wondering this as well. I'm hoping it isn't just a copy paste of the previous sets especially since some of the BL2 achievements(getting a gun from the vault hunter) were ridiculously hard.

Can I use save data from last gen?
Yes, but only in the same console family.

Ahhhh that's a shame, particularly as Diablo 3 allowed this (PS3 + Xbox One owner)

Will probably pick this up for some Claptrap action on Xbox One though.

chiliboy

I'm wondering this as well. I'm hoping it isn't just a copy paste of the previous sets especially since some of the BL2 achievements(getting a gun from the vault hunter) were ridiculously hard.

Seems like its the same as before trophy wise for both games, with all glitches and such intact.. Might wait for some patches and if they don't fix stuff I probably won't bother. I do not enjoy broken/glitchy games at all!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/borderlands-the-handsome-collection/trophies/

So, just started it up in my Lunchbreak, and thank god, all my 364 Badasspoint have been transfered.

As far as I can see, the most Trophies are the same. I went into the Game with my Lvl 64 Sirene and got instantly all the trophies for exploring all of Pandora.
Ran around for maybe 5 Minutes in Sanctuary and the Southern Shelf and I no issues with Screen Tearing.

Can't wait for the end of my working day, so I can jump right into Borderlands 2 again. Unbelivable who much I missed that game.

Hasney

Never ended up finishing BL2, but I was still enjoying it, so I may get this.

Feels a bit steep at full price though, so I will be waiting for sales.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Whats the new classes? Dont remember the Mechromancer or Psycho.

Any recommendations on a class.

EagleEyes

Very disappointed with the screen tearing so far in TPS on X1. Developers should know by now that screen tearing is one of the worst things possible so they should either drop the resolution or drop the framerate to 30. Ugh...

HowZatOZ

Banned
Australia never got pre-orders for the RC Clap Trap, was annoying. I really need to actually finish Borderlands 2, and pick up the Pre-Sequel.

I've been playing this for the last couple of nights, but have only been working on Borderlands 2, which I've played a lot previously. There was screen tearing in the opening cinematic, and it feels like there's lag during the gameplay. The frame rate has issues.

I beat TPS when it came out, and didn't like it nearly as much as the first two, so I'm not really psyched about playing it again. At the end, the enemies' levels jump two ahead of you, which drove me nuts. The final bosses are also cheap a.f.

Xbox One, btw.

Slayven

You got to shut the game down and boot back up just to get to the menu where you choose which game? Better fix that.

Is the DLC all on the disc?

Everything but Clap Trap's fantastic voyage, it doesn't technically come out till today. But you get it for free

Shanks

Maybe a weird question but I'm curious. What are the trophies lists titled as? Since they don't share with PS3 and Vita, do they have a different name in the list or no?

So can I split screen with my wife while playing online with my friends? If so I might day 1 this game.

You could actually do that on last gen as well!

I wish these games were less difficult for solo players.

You really need to do side quests so you're a higher level than the enemies to make it as easy as possible. If you're the same/higher level you'll have a much easier time. Not possible in UVH mode though, where playing solo really is a nightmare at times.

Although it's totally possible to play the story straight through it is pretty tough later on.

Derpyduck

Banned
I wish these games were less difficult for solo players.

I find them to be the perfect difficulty for solo play. Not easy. Not unfair. If you're worried about difficulty, my advice is to play as Gaige.

The main issue I'm having with the game (on PS4) is headaches. I assume it's due to the overly tight FOV. I recall having the same problem when I played the first game and then again BL2 on 360. It eventually went away with both of those games though.

You could actually do that on last gen as well!

You really need to do side quests so you're a higher level than the enemies to make it as easy as possible. If you're the same/higher level you'll have a much easier time. Not possible in UVH mode though, where playing solo really is a nightmare at times.

Although it's totally possible to play the story straight through it is pretty tough later on.

Yeah, you're surely right. I've been doing most side missions, so I'm about one level ahead of most enemies. However, when there are groups, they can down me quickly.

It gets to be a bit annoying, though I'm doing okay. It's not like I'm dying constantly or anywhere close. I just wish it was a bit easier.

I find them to be the perfect difficulty for solo play. Not easy. Not unfair. If you're worried about difficulty, my advice is to play as Gaige.

The main issue I'm having with the game (on PS4) is headaches. I assume it's due to the overly tight FOV. I recall having the same problem when I played the first game and then again BL2 on 360. It eventually went away with both of those games though.

I think it's a bit too tough on solo. Not a lot, but enough. I'm good at games, and play a lot of shooters on hard, but enemies down you too quickly in groups.

Kalliban

Neo Member
Any word on whether or not the XB1 version has crushed blacks? This is kind of a big deal for me.

Crushed blacks is only an issue on the X1 if you are playing a game that uses the internal scaler and have the X1 setup using the full color range (which should never be used if you are playing on a TV). So for this game you are good since it's not using the scaler. For games that use the scaler you are still good if you are playing on a TV (set the color range to limited!).

Shouldn´t have due to native 1080p

I think this is only a possible problem when the internal scaler is being used.

Resolution has nothing to do with the crushed blacks issue at this point. It's all about use of an incorrect gamma curve. The scaler used to cause issues but that's been fixed. The fix isn't retroactive, though, so Dead Rising 3 still has the issue. :(

Crushed blacks is only an issue on the X1 if you are playing a game that uses the internal scaler and have the X1 setup using the full color range (which should never be used if you are playing on a TV). So for this game you are good since it's not using the scaler. For games that use the scaler you are still good if you are playing on a TV (set the color range to limited!).

See above.

EDIT: There are some issues with Full RGB in specific games as well.

Kalliban

Neo Member
Resolution has nothing to do with the crushed blacks issue at this point. It's all about use of an incorrect gamma curve. The scaler used to cause issues but that's been fixed. The fix isn't retroactive, though, so Dead Rising 3 still has the issue. :(

See above.

EDIT: There are some issues with Full RGB in specific games as well.

My bad, it seem that you are right about the scaler being fixed, great news! The color range is the only factor now then? So it's only an issue for those playing on monitors using full color range (or those who have it set to full range using an TV, but they shouldn't use the full range).

I've been playing this for the last couple of nights, but have only been working on Borderlands 2, which I've played a lot previously. There was screen tearing in the opening cinematic, and it feels like there's lag during the gameplay. The frame rate has issues.

I beat TPS when it came out, and didn't like it nearly as much as the first two, so I'm not really psyched about playing it again. At the end, the enemies' levels jump two ahead of you, which drove me nuts. The final bosses are also cheap a.f.

Xbox One, btw.

That's odd I've never played TPS but BL1-2 both had issues with the player over leveling easily. Did you just give up on sidequests?

My bad, it seem that you are right about the scaler being fixed, great news! The color range is the only factor now then? So it's only an issue for those playing on monitors using full color range (or those who have it set to full range using an TV, but they shouldn't use the full range).

Not just the occasional color range issue. Some developers still aren't adjusting to the correct gamma curve on XB1, but it's not common now. CoD:AW and Sleeping Dogs: DE are the most recent offenders.

Take a screenshot and we can check.

This.

BigDug13

That's odd I've never played TPS but BL1-2 both had issues with the player over leveling easily. Did you just give up on sidequests?

There aren't nearly as many sidequests in TPS. And the new expansion starts at level 32 so it's not a solution to add more sidequests like I thought it was. They should have made it level scaled like BL2 DLC.

There was a point where I found myself under leveled too.

I haven't played it since any expansions though so many those challenge dome things help level you up.

Top Bottom