• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bowsette

But why?

• Fun!

Votes: 58 41.4%
  • This goes against my puritan believes you heathen!

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Cute Horns!

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • What would happen if Godzilla put on the crown instead?

Votes: 19 13.6%
  • Mudadada!

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters

G-Bus

Banned
As someone who pretty well grew up around Mario games and what not I don't mind the idea of what ever is going on here, I just don't see why it has to be so overly sexualised.

But that's the internet I guess. Rule 34 and all that

Shaqazooloo

I dunno, its basically trans analogy here, Bowser turning to female... gross if you ask me
I kind of think of Bowsette as a separate being to Bowser, in the same way that Nintendo on occasions separate Dry Bowser from Bowser. So Bowsette being Bowser barely comes to mind for me.

Without the context of it being Bowser, Bowsette comes off as really cute and fun character.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
there is also Wendy Koopa

a8b8d9fc8718bfd5279c649c1acda19d.jpg

Last edited:

Andyliini

Why does it matter me so much that name makes no sense? I mean, Bowsette is naturally a derivation of Peachette, but for the character, it's wrong. Peachette, the name and the character are a combination of Peach and Toadette. But Bowsette is a combination of Peach and Bowser, yet the name implies it's Bowser and Toadette. And as far as I know, theres not an ounce of Toadette in the titular character.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the fact that it says "Sorry Luigi" and not "Sorry Bowser" is a tell imo.

the text could just be referring to the playable characters in this game. Luigi is a big part of the game with the inclusion of Luigi U, and he is often the comic relief character, the pratfall character, so it makes sense for him to be denied the crown. for this game it is not available to Luigi (cos Princess and Toad already are covered & Mario for some reason doesn't make as much sense as Luigiette (his more feminine, tall, slender body?)).

it's not a statement about the power of the crown across all games & universes, just this one game, where you can only play 4 characters. i don't think this is a definitive stance, if anything it is an official reference to Bowsette, and the fact that it went out of it's way to not say Bowser cannot be Peachettified is actually a good sign. they can still do this in another game.

Last edited:

Shifty

https://www.destructoid.com/bowsette-originator-receives-trophy-from-pixiv-and-niconico-538694.phtml
Bowsette originator receives trophy from Pixiv and NicoNico
Yesterday, Haniwa, received a fancy glass trophy for their ingenuity, a simple idea that kicked off one of the most creative memes of 2018. The award was presented by websites NicoNico and Pixiv as part of their end of year awards. Specifically, Bowsette was named the 20th most popular trend of 2018.

Meme awards, and for trash like Bowsette too...

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Antoon

Banned
https://www.destructoid.com/bowsette-originator-receives-trophy-from-pixiv-and-niconico-538694.phtml
Bowsette originator receives trophy from Pixiv and NicoNico
Yesterday, Haniwa, received a fancy glass trophy for their ingenuity, a simple idea that kicked off one of the most creative memes of 2018. The award was presented by websites NicoNico and Pixiv as part of their end of year awards. Specifically, Bowsette was named the 20th most popular trend of 2018.

Its a 6/10 low rank meme, so Im kinda surprised they win something.

i wrote a giant essay about how much i hate this whole anime culture thing and the people that go along with it and how awful i think they are but ultimately it wouldnt do anything. and we will continue to get this stuff and i will have to sit here and watch it for all eternity

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
i wrote a giant essay about how much i hate this whole anime culture thing and the people that go along with it and how awful i think they are but ultimately it wouldnt do anything. and we will continue to get this stuff and i will have to sit here and watch it for all eternity
Or you could just not post in any of these kinds of threads.

Shifty

Or you could just not post in any of these kinds of threads.
Hot tip- if you're looking to call someone out, the reply button is dead handy.

There are no sacred cows on GAF, that extends to koopa kings-turned-princesses too. There are other, purpler sites that have the echo chamber thing on lock.
If the mods see a problem with the contention that bowsette is trash and meme awards are a silly notion, then they will surely reprimand or reply ban as appropriate.

Helios

Meme awards, and for trash like Bowsette too...
Its a 6/10 low rank meme, so Im kinda surprised they win something.
I think it was a popularity award, not a meme one (although if you take the literal definition of meme they're very similar, if not exactly the same. People just attribute memes to jokes nowadays). Bowsette probably drove a lot of trafic to Pixiv (the 20th most popular trend of 2018) which is why it received the award.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Hot tip- if you're looking to call someone out, the reply button is dead handy.
I quoted him, how is that not a reply?

There are no sacred cows on GAF
If you knew his post history you'd know it has nothing to do with this thread at all but the need of him to go around shitting on different things or users in general when he isn't even interested in said topic.

Top Bottom