• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Microsoft to acquire Activision-Blizzard in near 70$ billion deal

Sony: we are reviewing our relationship with AB.
Microsoft: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

rmn0yed.gif

Airbus Jr

Banned
Man Xbox is trying hard to win this console war arent they

Buying Bethesda and Activision

Now playstation and nintendo gamers wont get those two anymore

Holy shit

Last edited:

Nocturno999

I don't believe Microsoft is removing Call of Duty from Playstation. This is a move purely for the overall money that it will bring in to Xbox for the big COD franchises, but it does mean that Game Pass is officially an unstoppable juggernaut of a service.
I can't see it happening. This is a killing blow to Sony's Playstation.

Roxkis_ii

Even if Ms bought every us dev, I still doubt Sony would ever allow game pass on PlayStation.

You guys can keep dreaming tho.

Winter John

This isn't good news. Apart from maybe Phil will fire Kotick first chance he gets. I've always hoped that gaming would eventually become all games everywhere. Instead it looks like the industry is moving further and further away from that.

wolffy71

Banned
Real question cuz i have no idea but hope its not a dumb one... who owns esports stuff now? Call of duty league, overwatch league?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Call of Duty, Halo, Overwatch, Doom, Wolfenstein, Gears - you like shooters? We got a console for you.

What FPS games will Sony have at the end of this? Just Apex and Battlefield? Fuck.

Serious though. It’s a bit overkill this. Personally I thought MS would have been better served making a couple of smaller acquisitions; Playtonic, SEGA and Bungie and then calling it a day.

Dibils2k

i dont see them ever making COD exclusive xbox/pc

but if they did... i would be interested in seeing how many Xbox's it would sell

MonarchJT

Banned
well let's be honest here ...in this money game Sony can't compete ...last gen they woke up a sleeping dog .... and the fact that they kept taking games under Ms nose making deals of exclusivity ..did nothing but expedite the process. After Bethesda ... Activision Blizzard..wow it's game over

Last edited:
Its over for sony. 3rd party is their bread and better. To lose that is to lose their identity. Millions of PS gamers will switch over to xbox because of this. They will still do well but this is the start of their decline. I just don't see how they can compete if Microsoft are throwing 70b around and who says it's over? Clearly Microsoft can buy out the industry.

Last edited:

treemk

Banned
people said surely they won't remove Starfield or Elder Scrolls from Playstation.

people are delusional. MS just spend $70,000,000,000. you don't spend $7.5b nevermind $70b just to release those games to your competitor lmfao.

warzone will probably stay multiplatform but going forward Call of Duty will be Xbox/PC exclusive.
They still make money by having games on another competitor, often more. The focus is Gamepass, not winning a console race. For better or worse MS is not in the same type of console race as the past two generations, they are playing a completely different game.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Nobody except fanboys should be happy about this.
Who needs a good product or compelling service when you can just spend hundreds of billions of dollars to essentially buy the market.
Why wouldn't I as an xsx owner be happy? I am subbed to game pass through next year. This acquisition means more content for game pass. It also means more people get to experience these games through streaming. I understand if you're ps only you wouldn't be happy, but it's a good thing for me personally

Top Bottom