• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

bomma_man

So I just woke up.

God that JP logo is ghibli AF, it's fucking gorgeous.

I see towns are confirmed but what about dungeons? When link went into that mouth thing was that a dungeon entrance?

I'd be fine without towns. They always seem to slow me down and overwhelm me in games like this, depending on their size and what they offer. Just give me some interesting people, locations, and lore to deal with throughout the game and I'm good. :)

I've always found towns to have those things you mentioned, hence why I was initially worried about the lack of towns. But it seems like they're in, so we're good!

Man, this game looks good.

Scrawnton

So, will there be traditional dungeons in this game? Are those large towers a sign of a dungeon/temple or is the whole game the overworld and shrines?

I want my Zelda dungeons, please.

TheJoRu

As I posted previously I would've been fine with no towns; for an open-world game like this that seems to be a little more mysterious in nature it would've been cool with a very isolated, lonely experience in a ruined Hyrule, with you slowly piecing together what happened to it through exploring.

But I love towns, so I'm fine with this too.

So, will there be traditional dungeons in this game? Are those large towers a sign of a dungeon/temple or is the whole game the overworld and shrines?

Yes, there will be. Aonuma has said as such.

Kinokou

I'm clocking out, but I'll leave my minor complaint. I don't like the font used for the monks speech. It's a minor thing, but it looked to smooth, sterile and modern in some way.

Plum

There will be dungeons. Aonuma said it should take about an hour or so to get to the first proper dungeon.

NimbusD

It did happen though. People who were uninformed about the game got angry on a false report, towns don't even seem necessary and I'm not sure a lot of people who posted really understood what this game is.
People who believed a report from an interview don't know what the game is. Really?

None of us know what the game is, were going off of interviews and demos.

And towns aren't necessary? Uh sure I guess not, but there one of the most fun staples of a Zelda game.

people with this holier than though attitude are IMO just as bad as the people who bash this game no matter what it shows.

Generate

Banned
maybe that's because it's not lived in

because it's nature

does this not look lived in enough, either?

ss-012-lakevista.jpg

That actually looks pretty boring.

dtm808

I don't think we'll see any, they seem wary on spoiling the story.

Yah. They will most likely serve to progress the main story and they reportedly only have like 4-5 in the entire game so they wont want to show them. There are however 100+ shrines that start off easy but get more complicated and difficult as you venture.

Neiteio

Didn't Aonuma confirm for IGN or something that there WILL be towns? I thought the "no towns" claim was shot down pretty quick?

Plum

"When you get off the plateu" Is this just the starting area or something?

Yep, and wherever you get off will have a drastic effect on how you start the game proper. They've made it clear that, whilst the world is open, there are places you can't go from other places.

test_account

XP-39C²
I always thought it was funny that Ganondorf changed his name when he became a pig

It is the equivalent of going to high school in a new town and asking everyone to call you T-Bone
Yeah, not really sure how that works hehe. Do the people of Hyrule know that Ganondorf also is Ganon? Thats the only thing i can think of, that they dont know, and they think Ganondorf and Ganon are two different persons.

Hehe, that is a Seinfeld reference isnt it?

I'm still on the fence about this game. On one hand I love the vast explorable world, on the other hand I don't really like the overly stylized world. Also, I can't really put my fingers on it, but it looks like a white film is put over the screen. It could be only my stream though, as the screenshots look all right.

And please stop saying it looks like Ghibli, aside from Title, it doesn't.

As I posted previously I would've been fine with no towns; for an open-world game like this that seems to be a little more mysterious in nature it would've been cool with a very isolated, lonely experience in a ruined Hyrule, with you slowly piecing together what happened to it through exploring.

But I love towns, so I'm fine with this too..

I wonder if Hyrule castle is going to be a town or a ruin.

Fuck them if they put these guys in it though.

TylerD

Yah. They will most likely serve to progress the main story and they reportedly only have like 4-5 in the entire game so they wont want to show them. There are however 100+ shrines that start off easy but get more complicated and difficult as you venture.

I believe they also said the shrines can be completed in any order.

People who believed a report from an interview don't know what the game is. Really?

None of us know what the game is, were going off of interviews and demos.

And towns aren't necessary? Uh sure I guess not, but there one of the most fun staples of a Zelda game.

people with this holier than though attitude are IMO just as bad as the people who bash this game no matter what it shows.

I say they aren't necessary because the game doesn't seem to need them. Weapons, items, food... all of these things are in the overworld and the constant battle for resources look so interesting and the way the demo isolates you in this massive world with just monsters is enthralling. When they stumbled into that mini boss man, it was outstanding. Its a survival game that doesn't need towns but they won't take away from the game either.

Ghibli aesthetic is more than color palette, it's a form of stylized realism which extends to relationships between characters to physical and natural interactions.

Crom

Stop inventing a narrative that isn't true. We got a report told from an interview there was no town. And we responded to it.

I'm glad there's towns.

Some people were assuming that there were no towns before the rumor came out.

People were assuming that because they didn't see certain things in the 1st 30 minutes of an E3 demo that they weren't there

Time to tune out, don't want to spoil areas outside the Plateau for myself! I know there's over 100 shrines, but I've already seen 3 too many!

balgajo

Fuck, there will be towns...I was almost desperate... Huge world and no fucking town would kill big part o fun to me.

Didn't Aonuma confirm for IGN or something that there WILL be towns? I thought the "no towns" claim was shot down pretty quick?

He actually confirmed that in the stream a few moments ago while they were exploring outside the plateau area. They just don't want to spoil the story n' stuff.

Top Bottom