• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breathedge - Official Launch Teaser Trailer

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Game description for more context:

Breathedge is an ironic outer space survival adventure game. Take on the role of a simple guy called The Man who is just carrying his grandpa's ashes to a galactic funeral and suddenly finds himself in the middle of a universal conspiracy. Survive in outer space! Together with your immortal chicken, discover the truth behind your sudden spaceship crash. Craft tools, pilot vehicles, and even control space stations to survive and explore the wreckage.

It gives me Firewatch vibes from the description but the gameplay looks more involved.

Bought myself a Steam copy before the price increase though it still seems to be pretty cheap on EGS. Gonna try to get around to playing it soonish.

From what I hear it is Subnautica in space with some silly jokes.

SJRB

Gold Member
This game was on my Steam withlist for the longest time, but I decided to remove it after watching some livestreams.

The game tries SO HARD to be funny at literally every corner it's excruciating to watch. The neverending oneliners from the AI voice when describing pretty much any object in the game are so bad. Which sucks, because the idea, visuals and atmosphere seem very well done.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet Breathedge PS5 edition! 4k 60fps, DualSense Haptic feedback, and controller audio output are now a part of the game, available in PlayStation Store now. Have fun surviving in space on a new level, comrades!

nemiroff

Gold Member
Really wanted to enjoy this game but it's the definition of cumbersome, including crafting and inventory. Nothing is really happening, pacing/progression is frustratingly slow and uneven. Its "comedy" doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom