• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie announces Latin/a/e/o/x @ Bungie, gets ratio'd to high heaven by actual latinos, attempts to silence detractors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alebrije

latinx.jpeg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Bn6JBgR.png

They've hid several comments on the tweet in an attempt to silence some folks, but it seems they gave up and just let the post fester like a pile of dog shit that they didn't have the decency to clean up.

I remember them making a Black @ Bungie thing a few years ago as well, but latinos aren't taking this one lying down, because this madness needs to stop. The word is LATINO or LATINA. If they want to respect our culture, then respect our language FFS!

F7hJSeTXsAAdFq_

This will probably get locked but whatever, I thought this was hilarious.

I had to google what pendejo meant, hey there’s not too many Latinos where I live.

Love it. Love the stereotypical Latino guy with the moustache and sombrero too.

Keep it up fighting against it Latino folks. Dont let corporate hipsters sitting at a desk sanitize your culture letting them think they are global crusaders of injustice from their warped minds

Last edited:
lets not speak for all hispanics/latin american people. younger folks are embracing and pushing forward the usage of latine, especially in the LATAM region. Im very active in the space, have been part of multiple non profits as well as active in social advocacy; let me tell you there is a lot more groundswell for latine than you may hear.

Its mostly older latin american folks that get mad about latinx/latine; similar to older americans who also hate the idea of inclusive language for non binary folks. I dont get the outrage, latino is still there, no one is saying not to use it, but if folks identify with latine instead, why gatekeep?
Thank you for your selfless efforts fighting for a more inclusive future among Hispanic and Latin Americans, you create new Republican voters every day 🫡

Celcius

°Temp. member
This reminds me of recently someone in HR or management made a post in our work slack channel and used "WOMXN" instead of "WOMEN". First time I had ever seen that and at first I was confused. Now I guess is part of this nonsense.

Last edited:

Durin

Neo Member
It's still bizarre the artificial way they're trying to make this stupid term even a thing. Like if it's mentioned enough, suddenly people will care and use it.

The community that it involves consistently say they don't like it, and the term was brought into being largely from coastal urbanite white savior losers.

Top off that companies that do this like this don't even give a crap about any of these topics, it's just a perceived way to pander for profit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Top off that companies that do this like this don't even give a crap about any of these topics, it's just a perceived way to pander for profit.
I dont know about that.

You never know. Maybe the 1,100 employees who work at Bungie in Bellvue, Washington State know more about improving Latin culture than we all think!

Lol

Sleepwalker

Check this out:

English FA fined a silly foreign person for using their own barbaric language with their own friends. Ugh!

All of the 'highbrow' British press supported this move, btw.
I remember this lmao, fucking tupid.

Judging by one of its CEO recent interviews, Disney has felt the repercussions of its ultra-woke, ideologically charged films, when fans have only been asking for entertaining, well written and smoothly animated stories. I am hopeful that videogames companies will swallow their "pride" (no pun intended), and go back to concentrating on what they do best...

Last edited:

TheShocker

Ah, game dev companies pandering to the trans community once again. But now they’re upsetting the non-white races. I bet their purple haired non-binary heads are going to explode in confusion.

cybertailor

Neo Member
I think its frail to want to alter an entire language to cater to a minute portion of the population that have psychological issues with their identity.
Honestly I just don't really care, obviously it's a pretty big worldwide subculture, maybe I am not enough of an language purist or whatever it just doesn't bother me, always suprised why people get so emotional about all that stuff. so a game studio made a post that was trying to be inclusive in 2023... what else is news.

Crayon

baño - Ends in O. "Masculine." The girls bathroom is not called "baña".

basura - Ends in A. "Feminine". A man's trash is not called "basuro".

So the masculine/feminine nature of a word is a concept we don't really have in english, and a spanish speaker doesn't neccesarily think of words ending in O or A as being gendered somehow.

"Latino" doesn't leave out females. You can say Latina to specify a woman, but Latino is more of a default. I don't speak enough spanish to be sure of the following nuance, but I believe the word "mankind" is more loaded that "Latino".

So people misundertanding this on such a scale and trying to dick with the language is what's pissing off latino people. It's quite obviously a lot of white people who don't even speak spanish doing it, which of course makes it far more offensive than if it was a real divide within the community.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
West coast liberalism is a weird tribal disease. I live in Portland and everyone talks like this, and every white person thinks they are being inclusive, even when they are just trying to force their silly way of thinking on others. I recently wore a Chinese style shirt to work because it was the Chinese mid-autumn festival and you are supposed to wear certain colors. In our daily standup meeting a co-worker (white woman of course) said that I was appropriating Chinese culture and that I should be ashamed. I told her it was a gift from my Chinese parents-in-law and that our whole family was wearing similar celebratory style clothes for the first day of the Mid-autumn festival. It's so ridiculous how uneducated virtue signalling ideas can spread among people who are so small minded.

Haha, Now I'm just ranting.....

How did that idiot respond to your explanation?

My grandfather is a more traditional liberal and learned different languages and instilled in me respect for other cultures. It’s crazy to me how now far-lefties want to tell other cultures how their language works; it’s very egotistical and disrespectful. I haven’t talked to him about this phenomenon but I imagine he probably finds it repulsive.

But we can’t even speak our own language correctly anymore. I watched a bunch of street fighter 6 tournaments when it launched. At every event one or both of the commentators would refer to every player as “they.” None of the players were transgender and were all clearly men, but no they have to talk like retards because that’s the “progressive” standard being pushed now.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Naughty Dog would like a word with you.

Both are under the Sony banner sadly.
Sony is woke af.
BYwxXVz.jpg

Eh, why do people get so riled up about this shit but not stuff like corporate wage theft, stagnant wages and obscene costs of living...

Corporations push this after occupy solely to prevent such discussions.

They're MGS2ing weimar.

Last edited:

Barakov

Bn6JBgR.png

They've hid several comments on the tweet in an attempt to silence some folks, but it seems they gave up and just let the post fester like a pile of dog shit that they didn't have the decency to clean up.

I remember them making a Black @ Bungie thing a few years ago as well, but latinos aren't taking this one lying down, because this madness needs to stop. The word is LATINO or LATINA. If they want to respect our culture, then respect our language FFS!

F7hJSeTXsAAdFq_

This will probably get locked but whatever, I thought this was hilarious.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

aclar00

Well both. I'm pretty sure calling someone Hispanic is derogatory in the eyes of these self hating leftists. They group anyone falling under the Spanish speaking demographic into LatinX.
I can't say I've come across it. Just pointing out the difference between the two. Plenty of Hispanics who aren't Latino that in all likelihood dont have any skin in the game, such as Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Spaniards, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom