• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King aims to expand his kingdom, subjugate hot dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA9EVqDDat8

7omwG8l.jpg

Pennywise

i'd buy chili dogs at burger king if they made them. wienerschnitzel is too far a drive.

Schnitzel wouldn't be a wise choice.

More suprised those chains don't consider proper sausages like Bratwurst or Krakow sausage.
They are easy to do and still be something that people barely do at home and obviously it has something unique about it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
i don't really feel like standing in line for 15 minutes to get a hog dog though. i really like the costco dog though but i prefer chili dogs.

If the store lines aren't as crowded, just quickly buy something cheap and then also order food at the cashier. Then you can just go to the pick-up order line at the food court.

I worked at Burger King in the 90s. Just about every day people would come to the drive through and try to order a hot dog. We'd send them to Dairy Queen. So I suppose this is a move some portion of Burger King's clientele has been waiting on a long time.

Can't wait until everyone freaks out over ketchup on a hot dog.
I'm from Chicago.

I was raised to possess the opinion that the only thing a person could do that's worse than murder is putting ketchup on a dog.

Besides, like I'm going to go to Burger King for a hot dog.
You can catch my ass at Portillo's eating a real hot dog, thanks BK.

Apt101

No point in trying if the location is near a Nathan's.

Otherwise, and in general, this seems like a good idea to try. No other fast food place in many areas offer hot dogs - just Sonic's near me. And they have to turn a good profit at $1.99 each (as far as food goes).

Thoraxes

As a Chicagoland native and someone who still lives in the area... no thanks. There are way better choices here.

Also ketchup on them? Monsters.

I would have preferred corn dogs, but eh. I guess they'll add those if this is successful.

Nice to see they added ketchup and mustard. My dogs seem naked without both.

I'm from Chicago.

I was raised to possess the opinion that the only thing a person could do that's worse than murder is putting ketchup on a dog.

I'm from Chicago too. I don't give a shit.

dity

Everything always starts out innocuous enough. Eventually we get to the point where we get fries stuffed with hotdogs (or the other way around) or like hamburger buns made out of rolled up hotdogs or some random shit. For now I'm down.
A hot dog bun filled with fries and gravy is amazing. Burget King should do it.

What is the point of hot dogs at burger king though. You can get an equal quality hot dog at pretty much every gas station in the country.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I'm from Chicago.

BK will never touch portillos.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I like ketchup on my hotdogs. I don't need it but it's nice every now and then. Didn't know it was considered taboo lol.

Arbitrarily by people who settled the hottest and coldest mosquito bitten hellhole in America. They must have arrived there in spring, made their pizza too deep and have been defensive about it ever since. I mean, the even call themselves the "second City." Inferiority complex goes as deep as that stank dish.

Arbitrarily by people who settled the hottest and coldest mosquito bitten hellhole in America. They must have arrived there in spring, made their pizza too deep and have been defensive about it ever since. I mean, the even call themselves the "second City." Inferiority complex goes as deep as that stank dish.
Oh it's them eh? I don't mind then. :lol:

akira28

i like a dog with some bite, a bit of char, a nice barky crust. the costco dogs are just big wet sausages. grilled dogs would be a welcome change.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
It baffles me how Burger King is still one of the top fast food chains. Their portions are small, prices high, and you cannot argue that they have a higher quality than other places. They dont. I really dont know anyone who has BK as their go to place, or even as a 2nd or 3rd option. No one goes to BK.

QT dogs will likely be better than what BK puts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom