• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King aims to expand his kingdom, subjugate hot dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.wd

XYuoDm0.jpg

I...I wasn't ready....

entremet

So. Has Burger King actually increased in quality in the years since I've been there? Because I ranked that place below Mcdonalds in food quality.

Least you can get some nice fries as Mcdonalds.
BK vary in quality since they're not a strict with franchisees as other joints.

ReAxion

In 1994, Burger King was amazing.

The Tendercrisps are still pretty good even if the bun feels like it comes from Fisher Price. I used to love the chicken tender kids meal back in the day. Forget that sugary sauce masquerade going on beneath the golden arches, kids, have some honey!

lawnchair

Banned
ketchup is gross
mustard is gross
mayonnaise is gross
relish is gross
barbecue sauce is gross
sour cream is gross
salsa is gross
ranch is gross

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If you weirdos don't want ketchup then don't order it with ketchup.

"Hold the pickles. Hold the lettuce. Special orders don't upset us."?
"Have It Your Way."?

Shit's older than me.

Also, Burger King is expensve? dafuq
10-piece chicken nuggets for $1.50.
5 for $4 combo.

zeioIIDX

Had the chili dog today for lunch. Utter shite. Dog was way too tough, cheese was just an afterthought, and the chili tasted cheap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from all the Chicago style hot dogs I used to eat growing up.

kirby_fox

Banned
Tried one plain to see how it was.

Rallys is cheaper and has a more beef flavor to it. They got rid of the surge freeze too so it'll be awhile before I go back.

Slightly better than Sonic though.

Tried them out tonight. Not much to say, they taste like hotdogs. I did like the Classic better than the Chili dog though. If I ever wanted a hotdog really fast I'd probably get it again. Other than that I'm going to stick to Wienerschnitzel.

Just tried one and it was pretty good would try again. They automatically put relish and onions on it which i just scraped off, didnt know i had to ask for it plain

mcarlie

Banned
Man, I wish my country had as many choices when it comes to fast food as the US. It's just McDonald's on every corner here.

oti

Banned
Hot Dogs are trash. And I've had Danish Hot Dogs.

Well not trash but why waste your time if you could eat Doener or Gyros or Currywurst or Hamburgers?

gamz

I like my hot dogs steamed. Portillo's all the way.

I like Chicago style fully loaded (extra sport peppers!), but at Cubs game I always just eat them plain.

daviyoung

Banned
Do people in Germany even know what should be on a hot dog? I would assume there's ketchup on it.
But I also don't remember if I ever ate a hotdog.

there should be sauerkraut, mustard and curry sauce

not ketchup

curry sauce is basically ketchup with curry powder in it, but don't tell the Germans

Tried them today. Got one of each. Classic was $2.59 and chili was $2.89 in my town. Tried the classic minus ketchup first. Was okay. There was so much relish and mustard, I almost couldn't taste the hot dog itself. Pulled out the chili and discovered they gave me another classic. This one had ketchup. Again, way too much condiments.

There's no hot dog places to go to in my city except for 7-11 and a 100 mile ride to Costco so home cooked dogs win. Even my 7-11 1/4lb big bite is a better dog.

Oh well.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
They aren't good. With the classic you can barely taste the hot dog. Its not that there are too many toppings, it's that the hot dog flavor is weak. Is this really all beef? 7-11 hot dogs taste better and they aren't all beef. They also claim that it is grilled, but wouldn't be surprised if it was steamed/boiled offsite, and then heated on the grill in store. Didn't try the chili and cheese cause I hate BK's chili.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They aren't good. With the classic you can barely taste the hot dog. Its not that there are too many toppings, it's that the hot dog flavor is weak. Is this really all beef? 7-11 hot dogs taste better and they aren't all beef. They also claim that it is grilled, but I'm sure it is steamed/boiled offsite, and then heated on the grill. Didn't try the chili and cheese cause I hate BK's chili.
My exact feelings as I tried one.

I've had them a few times now, and I thought they were okay. The dogs remind me a lot of the sort of fare you'd get at a neighborhood barbecue, down to the slight charring on the hot dog. Not bad, though frankly you can do better - especially for the price (a single Classic is $2.19 around here). Still, I'm glad they're on the menu.

I am sort of amused, though, when I ask for a plain hot dog, they ask me "Classic or Chili?". Like, what part of "plain" didn't you get? Why would I want to pay more for the exact same hot dog?

Had one, so bad. It was so dried up and shriveled up, assume these are precooked ahead of time, then grilled quickly before serving for the actual "grill" effect. Dog looked and tasted like it was made hours before and was nasty looking, like one of those dogs that was sitting all day at a 7-11 roller grill

shaowebb

If they make the buns out of that red angry whopper stuff and use crazy toppings on these hotdogs like they do their burgers I am down with that.

Imagine if they get adventurous and start using Bratwurst, Chorizo and Linguica as sausage options? If I could drive down the road and get a flame broiled Bratwurst dog on a bun with hotsauce baked into it and some kraut and mustard I would pay legit fucking prices for that badboy.

I made the mistake of ordering one. The dog had no bite to it, just kind of mushy and salty, vaguely beefy. Toppings of the regular dog had ketchup, which is an abomination. No thanks, BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom