• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King aims to expand his kingdom, subjugate hot dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chili dog last week. Topping is fine, but the dog seemed weak. Too skinny. If they're really going through the effort, they should get a good, meaty dog.

studyguy

I had one today not 15m ago.

It looked like a hotdog.
Smelled like a hotdog.
Tasted like a hotdog.

Have you ever had a regular ass hotdog before in your life?
Then you've had this hotdog.

It is in all ways that I can describe both physical or otherwise, completely unexceptional.
Have you eaten a hotdog at home or a 7-11?
This quite literally the same.

Jospina

Banned
Hot dogs at fast food places always weird me out. They're so easy to bang out at home or at work that it seems almost wasteful to buy one when you could get a hamburger instead.

Unless you're talking $1.50 at Costco.

When I lived in NYC, some of the hot dogs that you could get from random hot dog stands on the street were pretty nice. They were made with love. Generic fast food hot dogs have no soul.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hot Dogs are a dumb fast-food item because unlike burgers, they can be prepared at home for very cheap with almost no effort.

Alphahawk

I had one today not 15m ago.

It looked like a hotdog.
Smelled like a hotdog.
Tasted like a hotdog.

Have you ever had a regular ass hotdog before in your life?
Then you've had this hotdog.

It is in all ways that I can describe both physical or otherwise, completely unexceptional.
Have you eaten a hotdog at home or a 7-11?
This quite literally the same.

Hot Dogs, like hamburgers can vary a lot based on the brand though.

MIMIC

Banned
Got two yesterday. Classic (with no relish...cuz I hate relish) and a chilli dog. They were delicious.

But I absolutely LOVE hot dogs, so it's not like I would complain about them or anything.

Rootbeer

Banned
Firstly I just want to say, both of the dogs from JoeysWorldTour's video looked better than the dogs I was served. That's what you get living in the city, folks.

Okay. Monday I tried the chili cheese, and today I tried the classic (SANS ketchup!)

First, price. At my location the price was $0.30 more for each version, and I feel like I overpaid a bit. Even the suggested 1.99 is not that great a value for a hot dog when a McDouble is $1 (if you do the 2 for $2 promo, otherwise it's like 1.29 or 1.39ish I believe)

Burger King also has the 10pcs Nugetts for $1.49 which is a monster deal in the fast food world. So weigh your options.

Honestly the chili dog was a little bland. I should have requested they add onions and maybe relish to it. By default it comes only with chili and cheese. Wonder if they would have charged more? If not, I say definitely go chili cheese, but consider adding onions. While not great, you'd be getting a slightly more substantial meal.

The standard dog was alright, pretty good amount of relish and onions added. It does taste like an all beef dog, not a mystery meat dog. But I didn't look up the makeup so not certain.

Agree that the dogs are a bit scrawny. But you can tell that they are grilled.

There are plenty of places to get a decent dog in my area (Top Dog is all over the place, for one), so I say only if you are being very price conscious. But I've had worse.
$1.99 for a crappy fast food hotdog? Hells no. Shouldn't be more than $0.99.
I don't disagree. When you step into a burger joint and buy a hot dog, you really are doing it for a specific reason. Almost certainly due to price. 1.99 is pushing it. Especially when you see how unsubstantial it is as far as filling your stomach. There is nothing premium about the size. At a decent dog joint you'd pay about $4 and get something not only made of way higher quality meat, but a bit more than double size.

FUME5

h2065194E

Anyone ever have hot dogs from Sonic? They were always pretty good. I have yet to try one of these BK ones but the chili/cheese one looks decent.

Bry0

Arbitrarily by people who settled the hottest and coldest mosquito bitten hellhole in America. They must have arrived there in spring, made their pizza too deep and have been defensive about it ever since. I mean, the even call themselves the "second City." Inferiority complex goes as deep as that stank dish.

OUCH
OUUUUUUUUUUUCH
Oh man this hurt. It HURT!
:(

Maybe i'll try these today. I have a coupon for them. I'd imagine ill probably only get them once to try them. No ketchup though.

Arbitrarily by people who settled the hottest and coldest mosquito bitten hellhole in America. They must have arrived there in spring, made their pizza too deep and have been defensive about it ever since. I mean, the even call themselves the "second City." Inferiority complex goes as deep as that stank dish.

Can't even talk about Hot Dogs without some desperate, defensive New Yorker going on about how their pizza is sooo unique because of the 9/11 air contaminants that settle on every slice.

Dicer

Banned
Tried to go to BK yesterday (not for the dogs) place was fucking jammed with people trying to get them, anecdotal from me at least...

FinKL

I don't think they are worth it, get gas station hot dogs if you so desire, or like someone mentioned Sonic

Ultryx

Got two of the chili cheese dogs last night. What a fucking disappointment. The bun looked like the cheap store-brand version you could get from Ralph's, Safeway, Wal-Mart, etc. The hot dog was the lowest quality I could imagine too.

I should have taken a photo and posted it here.

I know Wienerschnitzel is similar, but damn, theirs are far superior. Too bad I don't have one in my neck of the woods.

So. Has Burger King actually increased in quality in the years since I've been there? Because I ranked that place below Mcdonalds in food quality.

Least you can get some nice fries as Mcdonalds.

Malyse

So. Has Burger King actually increased in quality in the years since I've been there? Because I ranked that place below Mcdonalds in food quality.

Least you can get some nice fries as Mcdonalds.
No.

----

What is the anti ketchup heresy? Burn this lot at the steak!

Basketball

wasn't too bad

price sux though ... .99 seems like a better price for the taste etc

and ketchup on a hotdog --> see special place in hell thread

Downhome

I had one yesterday and the actual wiener was disgusting. It was hard to chew, had fatty pieces in it, and had almost no flavor. I'd never in a million years buy one again.

EDIT:

Oh, and the chili was just as gross. It is essentially one part meat and two parts beans, like canned chili beans. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom