• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King Debuting New Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Here's a photo of the new BK fries:

BK_new_friesMAIN.jpg

As stated in-n-out fries suck.
They taste less processed to me than BK's.

But I did have an unusual reaction the first time I tasted In-N-Out's. I grew to like them, but they don't have a wide appeal.

I liked BK's fries when I was a kid in 80/90s. As I recall, they were a lot more similar to McDonalds style fries. As bad as those can be, I like "plain" tasting fries over the ones with coatings and seasoning mixed into the french fry "batter". I'll be sure to try the new ones though. I visit BK once in a while for an icee and 99 cent spicy chicken crisp.

Smash88

Banned
I know Fries aren't healthy in any manner. But I have to ask, this "coating" that makes it tastier, wtf is it? It sounds like something that could be bad for you.

nib95

Banned
Larger fries with less sodium but a crispier outer skin? Sounds like a perfect upgrade. Healthier, but tastier.

KorrZ

Hmm, not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, their fries are pretty atrocious on their own, but...they make for a damn delicious poutine

poutine.bmp

I really hope these new fries don't ruin their poutines. I can see it now, "they're thicker so you only need 10 fries in a poutine!"

Five Guys fries are tasteless pieces of shit. At their Chicago locations at least.

No, they taste like shit out here in California too.

When I first read the headline... I was like... already?

Then I saw it said 1998.

Fuck you, time.

Timedog is cool though.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Wendy's has the best fast food fries.

If you want the best poutines go to:

Fromagerie Lemaire in St-Germain/St-Cyrille or La cantine la Poutinette in Wickham, Quebec.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
There's two Five Guys shops in my area, I should go in and try their fries.

I had a burger there once, it was okay, but I like a little pink in my burger, and they cook their stuff well done. I was too busy munching on the free peanuts to try the fries.

Nizz

I remember when they changed it in 1998...

First Gamepro ceasing to exist and now this...

Plus I'll be 29 next week...

I'm old. :(
I also remembered when they changed them back then and preferring the original ones to the new 98 style. You're not old, dude.
I am though :(

The BK fries were always way better than McDonalds. This change makes it sound better.

I'm happy with this less-sodium/salt trend.

OP didn't bold the most important part:

On December 16 Burger King is promoting its new fries by giving away $1 "value" portions for free.

Free food!

Free french fries again! Just like last time.

No charming cartoon characters to promote it this time though.

Darkatomz

I was wondering if my fries got messed up earlier this week.

I'm probably one of the few who liked the old ones. I really don't like the new ones too much. Completely different taste, texture, and thickness.

Jangocube

Banned
Dear Burger King,

I don't eat at your fast food chain because your fries are shit, I don't eat eat their because your burgers and buns taste like shit. Fix that problem and you might be onto something.

Love,

Former customer during his childhood years when Whoppers were insanely cheap.

Jenga

Banned
anyone ever have those doritos burger chips?

they tasted so much like burger king I've kinda stayed away from them

i mean, when you can replicate the taste of a burger with just spices that's kinda...bad

Nabs

anyone ever have those doritos burger chips?

they tasted so much like burger king I've kinda stayed away from them

i mean, when you can replicate the taste of a burger with just spices that's kinda...bad

made me throw up

I remember how they made a huge marketing campaign over "new fries" in '98... and they sucked so bad they quietly went back to their old fries a month later.

Hope this time is better.

But they still can't beat Harvey's or Lick's. (In Canada, anyway.)

It feels like just yesterday they changed their fry recipe. My family still calls them the "new fries". Now I just feel stupid that it happened over 10 years ago.

^^^And they didn't go back to the old recipe did they? They still taste different to me.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I remember the 98 change. Was great. They closed the one near me for a few years and then opened another a while back. Last month was the first time in a long time I ate at BK.
Fries weren't good sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom