• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
what attachments are you using on the 74u?
  • Muzzle: XTEN Havoc 90
  • Barrel: BR209 Barrel
  • Laser: Schlager Peq Box IV
  • Underbarrel: FSS Sharkfin 90
  • Rear Grip: True-Tac Grip
No optics but you can change laser out for an optic if needed I way prefer the blue dot you get from getting one of the shotties to lvl 6

Can also change out and put a silencer if you like a little more stealth

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I'm not a good cod player. That's all.
Honestly, SBMM makes it hard to tell how good you are, and whether it's good/bad latency or player skill causing improved/decreased performance (in my experience). You very well may be getting shafted one way or another outside of the influence of your ability

Like maybe I'm enjoying MWII so much because I'm getting latency/SBMM benefits I'm not even aware of.

SBMM's like online echo chambers--you don't really have a neutral reality being shown to you.

NickFire

• Muzzle: XTEN Havoc 90
  • Barrel: BR209 Barrel
  • Laser: Schlager Peq Box IV
  • Underbarrel: FSS Sharkfin 90
  • Rear Grip: True-Tac Grip
No optics but you can change laser out for an optic if needed I way prefer the blue dot you get from getting one of the shotties to lvl 6

Can also change out and put a silencer if you like a little more stealth
I don't use optics with that one either. Most guns yes, but that one noticeably declined in performance for me when I added the dot.

Also, I had no idea weapon tuning was a thing until just recently. Looking forward to playing around with it. So far I have been leveling guns just enough to unlock other guns, then moving on.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't use optics with that one either. Most guns yes, but that one noticeably declined in performance for me when I added the dot.

Also, I had no idea weapon tuning was a thing until just recently. Looking forward to playing around with it. So far I have been leveling guns just enough to unlock other guns, then moving on.
Yeah I have tuning set to max recoil control best I could figure

Ping me when we get the season 1 roadmap. I’ll update the OP :)

Ping ping, tons of info dropped in the last 15 minutes on the official channels. I guess the rumors are true, we're getting shoothouse and shipment as the maps this season. Tons of other info dropped as well:
5FabeC9.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ping ping, tons of info dropped in the last 15 minutes on the official channels. I guess the rumors are true, we're getting shoothouse and shipment as the maps this season. Tons of other info dropped as well:
5FabeC9.jpg

Added. Fingers crossed for some cute girl outfits :messenger_winking_tongue: also really happy to get two new assault rifles. The game only has *checks notes* eight already, afterall.

Added. Fingers crossed for some cute girl outfits :messenger_winking_tongue: also really happy to get two new assault rifles. The game only has *checks notes* eight already, afterall.

Some more guns would be nice, I already leveled up all the AR's, SMG's, & Battle Rifles. Out of the 6 operators announced in season 1, no females at all. I'm sure they will sell something in the store but I would at least like a Farah without the skull mask.

Sub_Level

Some more guns would be nice, I already leveled up all the AR's, SMG's, & Battle Rifles. Out of the 6 operators announced in season 1, no females at all. I'm sure they will sell something in the store but I would at least like a Farah without the skull mask.

Nice. I do love leveling the guns and trying out all the attachments. So far I've done 2 ARs, 2 BRs, 2 SMGs, 2 Shotguns, 2 LMGs, 1 Marskman, and 1 Sniper. My autism demands I do one in every category at a time then switch to another. I'm Bobby Kotick's perfect customer, chasing that carrot on the stick.

Freeman76

After a good few sessions I think this has to be my least favourite CoD of all. Out of the miniscule 6 maps, i only like 2 of them. A few are way too open and frustrating, way too many weapons that kill in 1 shot, and more and more ppl using rocket launchers, its a shitfest as far as im concerned. If they bring more maps out I'll give it another shot, especially if they remaster some MW2 maps (which imo is ludicrous that they didnt in the first place). Very dissapointed as I thought this would be the best one yet.

So you can view and equip loads of calling cards, emblems and even charms. Go to private match, call of duty league, select the mode and once the lobby loads, go to change your calling card in the showcase and you’ll be able to see all of them. I don’t know if I would recommend equipping them though, because who knows with Activision’s greed. Now I know why 1/4 of the people I was playing against had crazy calling cards.

It’s ridiculous that these aren’t available officially at launch, and I wonder how many of them can be earned and how many you’ll have to buy.

Last edited:
Honestly, SBMM makes it hard to tell how good you are, and whether it's good/bad latency or player skill causing improved/decreased performance (in my experience). You very well may be getting shafted one way or another outside of the influence of your ability

Like maybe I'm enjoying MWII so much because I'm getting latency/SBMM benefits I'm not even aware of.

SBMM's like online echo chambers--you don't really have a neutral reality being shown to you.
Too often I see the enemy, aim, shoot, but I get killed by what feels like a single bullet. And then the killcam shows that the guy unloaded a whole clip to kill me. So, yeah, I guess latency plays a big part.

But to be honest I'm starting to feel too old for this kind of mp game.

GenericUser

Where is the content infinity ward? WHERE is the content?? I'm so desperate, I almost want to buy soy of war

Still almost a full week until season 1 ....

Last edited:

njean777

Too often I see the enemy, aim, shoot, but I get killed by what feels like a single bullet. And then the killcam shows that the guy unloaded a whole clip to kill me. So, yeah, I guess latency plays a big part.

But to be honest I'm starting to feel too old for this kind of mp game.

I think it has more to do with the TTK. IW and Sledgehammer seem to think that Ultra fast TTK is the way to go. Treyarch doesn't. I really enjoyed Cold War due to it being a little more fair with the TTK, and even more arcadey to a degree. Vanguard and now MW2 (even though I am somewhat enjoying MW2) need to tinker with the TTK. Also the random headshots when I am being shot in my legs.... like that doesn't even make sense.

DeaDPo0L84

There's enough pride flags/emblems in this game that you could replace them and have one for every NFL team, it's hilarious.

With that said I put on a lgbtqaio+ emblem and flag and the shit talking towards me has multiplied exponentially. So at least there's a good reason they're in the game.

GenericUser

Persistent Prestige: Seasonal Progression Revealed

This year, leveling up past Rank 55 will allow you to earn a persistent Prestige Rank across all seasons, rather than having it reset at the end of each season.

Beginning in Season 01, reaching Rank 56 will unlock Prestige 1. This will grant an Emblem, additional rewards, and a set of challenges — complete those challenges to unlock an exclusive Calling Card.

Season 01 includes four more Prestige Ranks, which also unlock a new set of challenges and rewards:

• Prestige 2: Unlocked at Rank 100
  • Prestige 3: Unlocked at Rank 150
  • Prestige 4: Unlocked at Rank 200
  • Prestige 5: Unlocked at Rank 250 and is the level cap until the end of Season 01.
At the end of Season 01, players can continue ranking up from wherever they ended up on the Prestige Ranks. This allows players who may not have enough time to level up to catch up in later seasons, while also not resetting the progress of anyone who reached the Max Rank during that season.

4 new weapon platforms, 2 new maps, persistant prestige, hardcore mode, flexible season pass, combat records ...
alright, I'm moist :messenger_smiling:

GenericUser

There's enough pride flags/emblems in this game that you could replace them and have one for every NFL team, it's hilarious.

With that said I put on a lgbtqaio+ emblem and flag and the shit talking towards me has multiplied exponentially. So at least there's a good reason they're in the game.
Great Idea! I did the same and renamed myself to "[TRANS]Juliette". I already received heartwarming messages!

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

MW 2019 launched with 9 or 10 maps, some trash among them ofcourse but yes MW2 is very bare bones for some reason. They also took Valderas out. There were also the unlockable blueprint challenges. Here are daily challenges, but i am level 55. And they don't go to weapons.

The toxicity online never ceases to amaze me..... Yesterday, got in a ongoing match, got 1 kill and sure enough someone boasted how he fucked my mom...
I laughed it off by saying she mentioned this to me and it was the most disappointing 10 seconds in her life, but come on!!

Just let me talk to other players without constantly hearing shit like this...

clarky

Gold Member
MW 2019 launched with 9 or 10 maps, some trash among them ofcourse but yes MW2 is very bare bones for some reason. They also took Valderas out. There were also the unlockable blueprint challenges. Here are daily challenges, but i am level 55. And they don't go to weapons.
5 ground war maps, 9 core maps ( not sure where the other poster got 6 from) Full Campaign, over 50 guns, gunsmith 2.0, firing range, multiple modes, co-op missions and the rest. your saying its bare bones? come on now. Im a Halo infinite survivor and trust me this game is not bare bones. Missing a couple of key features, sure, but they already said they are working on those. Combat record, HC next week etc. The amount if content is insane compared to other shooters of last year.

SkylineRKR

5 ground war maps, 9 core maps ( not sure where the other poster got 6 from) Full Campaign, over 50 guns, gunsmith 2.0, firing range, multiple modes, co-op missions and the rest. your saying its bare bones? come on now. Im a Halo infinite survivor and trust me this game is not bare bones. Missing a couple of key features, sure, but they already said they are working on those. Combat record, HC next week etc. The amount if content is insane compared to other shooters of last year.

Perhaps its the rotation. But I mostly get like 5 maps, it feels more bare bones combined with the lack of specific weapon challenges. I'm leveling weapons sure, I maxed the M16, have the MP5, 74U and Hurricane etc.

Overall though I like these maps better than MW2019 maps which I all hated except for Hackney and one or 2 others. Picadilly and Bridge were an insult. Ramazza and Grazna felt unfair towards non campers. Aniyah palace was awful in the TDM rotation. But the Night mode of MW2019 was pretty fucking good.

clarky

Gold Member
Perhaps its the rotation. But I mostly get like 5 maps, it feels more bare bones combined with the lack of specific weapon challenges. I'm leveling weapons sure, I maxed the M16, have the MP5, 74U and Hurricane etc.

Overall though I like these maps better than MW2019 maps which I all hated except for Hackney and one or 2 others. Picadilly and Bridge were an insult. Ramazza and Grazna felt unfair towards non campers. Aniyah palace was awful in the TDM rotation. But the Night mode of MW2019 was pretty fucking good.
I just play headquarters and hard point maybe kill confirmed every now and again. i think TDM plays awful in this. But especially hardpoint and head quarters play great.

Overall the maps for me are head and shoulders above 2019 launch maps, the one area it fell down imo.

Not arsed about challenges etc as u just play with my group for fun, but i understand its important for some, the prestige system and BP go live next week so that might help out those who care.

Sub_Level

I agree with folks saying this season is underwhelming compared to Season 1 of MW’19 in regards to 6v6 content. I think we all expected getting Shoothouse/Shipment soon but not literally both taking up the entire season. But keep in mind Warzone released months after launch for 2019, not weeks. IW and Raven probably have their hands full and are crunching like mad before employees get their well deserved thanksgiving/christmas break. Season 2 will be a better showing for us 6v6 folks :)

I just play headquarters and hard point maybe kill confirmed every now and again. i think TDM plays awful in this. But especially hardpoint and head quarters play great.

Overall the maps for me are head and shoulders above 2019 launch maps, the one area it fell down imo.

Not arsed about challenges etc as u just play with my group for fun, but i understand its important for some, the prestige system and BP go live next week so that might help out those who care.

I still need to try HQ since I do love me some Domination and Hardpoint. I only do TDM when leveling a Sniper. If I play Sniper in Kill Confirmed I am actively hurting my team since I can’t move around much to collect tags.

GladiusFrog

The toxicity online never ceases to amaze me..... Yesterday, got in a ongoing match, got 1 kill and sure enough someone boasted how he fucked my mom...
I laughed it off by saying she mentioned this to me and it was the most disappointing 10 seconds in her life, but come on!!

Just let me talk to other players without constantly hearing shit like this...
Not going to find people who have anything intelligent to say while playing games like CoD or GTA.

Do yourself a favor, mute chat.

splattered

For sure... i'm constantly muting people now, even more so than previous COD entries. A lot of times it's just for people that have constant noise in their voice feed.... loud stuff in the background etc. And the more matches i play the more i see people i've already muted in previous games haha

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
For sure... i'm constantly muting people now, even more so than previous COD entries. A lot of times it's just for people that have constant noise in their voice feed.... loud stuff in the background etc. And the more matches i play the more i see people i've already muted in previous games haha
I mute those people more than the ones who yell as the yelling people are what proximity chat is all about and can usually give me a laugh.

Too many times though someone is listening to loud music or some preteen thinks he is a rap God, those are the ones I insta mute

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So going to share a little thing I was told a few days ago by someone who would know how this works (I would think)

The current SBMM looks at 5 game snapshots of how you are playing

Example I tried and actually seemed to work or maybe just placebo

My first 5 games of the day I only went for kills using rocket launchers and my next 5 lobbies were pure bot lobbies and the 6th lobby I was thrown back into try hards

I only messed with this theory one day so its no proof obviously but going to test this more

I mute those people more than the ones who yell as the yelling people are what proximity chat is all about and can usually give me a laugh.

Too many times though someone is listening to loud music or some preteen thinks he is a rap God, those are the ones I insta mute
Sometimes there's comedy gold to be found.... FFA matches mostly. Had a lobby over the weekend with 1 guy that kept screaming aaaaah! in a comical way everytime he got killed.... It was worse when he was close proximity..... Had tears running down my face from laughter :D

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sometimes there's comedy gold to be found.... FFA matches mostly. Had a lobby over the weekend with 1 guy that kept screaming aaaaah! in a comical way everytime he got killed.... It was worse when he was close proximity..... Had tears running down my face from laughter :D
I love death coms especially the way I play slow and stealthy and a form of camping but once I kill one or two I will relocate slightly so when someone returns to kill me I am shooting them in the back and a lot of people rage

I love death coms especially the way I play slow and stealthy and a form of camping but once I kill one or two I will relocate slightly so when someone returns to kill me I am shooting them in the back and a lot of people rage
Same as my style. I always go slow, use cover, hide and slighty relocate after a kill. Its funny to see people come back, pause for a second realising im not there and then waste them!

Sub_Level

Tactical Insertion is the funniest thing in the game. Dead Silence and Trophy System are great but nothing beats teleporting behind enemies.

Man I'm so disappointed in DMZ. I was hoping it would bring me back to COD but it looks like it lacks atmosphere. I'll give it a shot still but I'm not looking forward to it.

clarky

Gold Member
I agree with folks saying this season is underwhelming compared to Season 1 of MW’19 in regards to 6v6 content. I think we all expected getting Shoothouse/Shipment soon but not literally both taking up the entire season. But keep in mind Warzone released months after launch for 2019, not weeks. IW and Raven probably have their hands full and are crunching like mad before employees get their well deserved thanksgiving/christmas break. Season 2 will be a better showing for us 6v6 folks :)

I still need to try HQ since I do love me some Domination and Hardpoint. I only do TDM when leveling a Sniper. If I play Sniper in Kill Confirmed I am actively hurting my team since I can’t move around much to collect tags.
HQ is a nice inbetween the one life modes and Hard point. Really enjoying it and some really tight games. Defending the Headquarters with one life while the enemy steaming in leads to some great moments.

Edit: Agreed on the map count for season one, pretty clear this came in fairly hot, but i think they got away with it for now. Best them sort out all the crashes on pc ( one of my group cant even boot the game on steam) and focus on ui upgrades etc. Whats there is good enough for me especially as a warzone player as well.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Don't mind me, just aiming at your red torch on the ground after I killed you.

Oh for sure I have been owned multiple times that way. But I am pretty good at hiding it. And visibility is bad in this game so many players don’t notice it even when its in the middle of a hallway lol!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I bought this on a whim and am pretty disappointed. I think it has more to do with CoD in general and not this specific game. Feels like an ADHD run and gun fest in tiny maps. Years ago I abandoned CoD for BF - now I’m remembering why.

Sub_Level

For the inevitable Highrise remake I feel they will just modify the Warzone version. But imagine if it was set in Chicago since you go there in the campaign? That would be fucking awesome.

Rossco EZ

anyone on xbox able to just clip some gameplay and see if you have sound on the clip? for some reason my clips have no sound on this game, xbox issue or game?

you don’t need to post here just lmk if you have sound

Last edited:
Top Bottom