• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
No. Instantly switching from enemy to enemy is not "good pc players" although the speed at which they can 180 with the mouse is crazy. Not what i'm talking about.
I'm not even good and I can switch between targets with barely missing a shot or 2 full auto.

Sounds like a typical skill issue.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So many freakin PC cheaters on today, i've taken some quick video clips of some... instant aiming that's darting immediately from person to person. Called them out in game chat post game and they never say anything. FUCK cheaters.
I have run into one today that was very obvious with a sniper he was final kill shot a guy then snap shotted someone behind a wall and just no way he knew he was there

Recorded it so I could rewatch to see if that last guy was visible at some point and he wasn't

Emedan

good old COD:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hahaha man that killed me!
RisAzJN.png
bjGD64b.png

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So just ran int9 another cheater a lvl 12 that went 42-4 in TDM and I think every time he killed me was headshots and he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off mowing groups of people down headshotting everyone

Rossco EZ

So just ran int9 another cheater a lvl 12 that went 42-4 in TDM and I think every time he killed me was headshots and he was running around like a chicken with its head cut off mowing groups of people down headshotting everyone
you still have crossplay on ?

Rossco EZ

Yeah when I play with some friends we are scattered across platforms and I run crossplay on. When I play solo I run it off on the PS5 and instantly find matches and while I run into some really good players no one is just doing stupid shit like I see some pc players doing
i see, does only seem to be an issue when crossplay is on. i’m gonna turn crossplay back on tomorrow and see if i start running into snipers a lot more again. hoping they just add it as an option to turn off in game settings on xbox at some point like how it is on playstation.

Chronicle

How does one level a gun to complete? Some special assignment I need to do? I have the m4 at 95% for a while now.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
This game needs some major changes and content updates asap. How the fuck are they launching this with 6 multiplayer maps only and with that stupid weapon upgrade system. Im already tired by playing the same maps over and over again with the same guns to upgrade them. And the attachments are really trash since most of the them are downgrading the weapon. And why can't i shoot while im sliding or why do i need to press 2 times to climb over a wall. Who made those decisions, didn't they play MW19 or WZ. And the TTK is ridiculously low, which makes this game too easy. Also the game closed like 9 times in 3 days with the same error and bugs since launch. There is potential but this ain't it, chief.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This game needs some major changes and content updates asap. How the fuck are they launching this with 6 multiplayer maps only

Perhaps they aren't "allowed" to "overshadow" Vanguard until the Season is over.. lol But yeah it's not exactly optimal. I expected IW in 2022 to knock it out of the park immediately, but no, not even close.

How does one level a gun to complete? Some special assignment I need to do? I have the m4 at 95% for a while now.
Sounds weird. You mean like the level 20/20 or are you talking about everything including skins?

Last edited:

Chronicle

Perhaps they aren't "allowed" to "overshadow" Vanguard until the Season is over.. lol But yeah it's not exactly optimal. I expected IW in 2022 to knock it out of the park immediately, but no, not even close.

Sounds weird. You mean like the level 20/20 or are you talking about everything including skins?
Sorry. 20/20

DonJimbo

I also didn’t get any of the unlocks from the beta, I maxed out at level 30 too, but after the beta ended the email with my beta stats was showing that I only reached around level 23/24, which is why I presume I got none of the unlocks .
That's strange I have to check the mail again
Checked the mail and I reached full level 30

Last edited:

GenericUser

Permanently deactivated crossplay. Sorry playstation bros, you are cool, but the PC cheaters/mouse keyboard users suck ass. It's not a fair competition. Gotta stick with my xbro homies.
I already grinded out most of the weapons I care about and even a huge portion of guns that I don't care about. I'm running out of things to do here infinity ward. Bring season1 and make it BIG.

Have you guys decided if you will purchase the season pass for season 1? I will, I will have plenty of spare time in the next 2 months and playing cowaduty will keep me busy, entertained (and mad).

Last edited:
First few days of the MP were awesome and actually fun. Now that SBMM seems to have properly kicked in, I'm put in lobbies with players that are either waaaay better than me, or are cheating. Not sure how that calculates itself but I don't understand why they can't reserve the SBMM for ranked play when it comes later down the line.

Having crazy sweaty gameplay in unranked matches is what turns a lot of people away from the game. It’s basically impossible to play this with some of my friends because they get absolutely railed for 4 or 5 games and then just give up because it’s not fun for them, and I understand.

Rossco EZ

First few days of the MP were awesome and actually fun. Now that SBMM seems to have properly kicked in, I'm put in lobbies with players that are either waaaay better than me, or are cheating. Not sure how that calculates itself but I don't understand why they can't reserve the SBMM for ranked play when it comes later down the line.

Having crazy sweaty gameplay in unranked matches is what turns a lot of people away from the game. It’s basically impossible to play this with some of my friends because they get absolutely railed for 4 or 5 games and then just give up because it’s not fun for them, and I understand.
yeah not so sure why SBMM is in public games kinda just pushes casuals out when they just wanna hop on and have some chill games but get destroyed every game. i’ll have games where i feel like i’ve played pretty well and get 25+ kills but i check the scoreboard after and there’s guys with 30-40+ kills in my games so i still end up bottom lol. i think i will end up playing warzone more than the multiplayer once it’s out anyway.

i remember when fortnite added SBMM and a few people i’d play with ended up not playing again because they felt everytime they got on they had to play sweaty every game.

Stafford

What is this weird shit?

When not in a match my loadouts are completely fucked up. I have guns like Lachmann equipped while those are locked. During a match my loadouts are fine.

Tarnpanzer

Have you guys decided if you will purchase the season pass for season 1? I will, I will have plenty of spare time in the next 2 months and playing cowaduty will keep me busy, entertained (and mad).

Got the Vault Edition, so yes.

Got 3.100 CP on my account, with nothing to spend them on. I well definitely never buy 10-15$(lol) skins with it, so hopefully the rumored DLC can be bought with CP next year.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Permanently deactivated crossplay. Sorry playstation bros, you are cool, but the PC cheaters/mouse keyboard users suck ass. It's not a fair competition. Gotta stick with my xbro homies.
Still don't see all this evidence of cheaters in this game. Maybe I'm lucky? Level 39 on PC and haven't noticed anything. Not saying it doesn't exist but I think many of you are just getting out played and chalking it up to cheating.
Also why do half of you all complain about M/KB not being fair and the other half say aim assist is over powered and not being fair? What is it?

CyiJVSu.jpg

Emedan

Still don't see all this evidence of cheaters in this game. Maybe I'm lucky? Level 39 on PC and haven't noticed anything. Not saying it doesn't exist but I think many of you are just getting out played and chalking it up to cheating.
Also why do half of you all complain about M/KB not being fair and the other half say aim assist is over powered and not being fair? What is it?
I accept losing a duel due to having less precision than a mouse, not being in a duel with a player and getting shot through a wall with no sight of me, that's not it.

Aim assist is never as powerful as the speed and precision of a mouse.

Last edited:

splattered

Need to tune up my aimbot because my flicks aren't quite on point yet :messenger_weary:

Damn ok if you're not actually using an aim bot then hell i take back what i've said (And also don't feel like going back and digging through all my clips haha) that's pretty gnarly playing wow. If you can flick instantly between people like that with just normal aim assist headshot or not then i dunno.

One thing i've also noticed that i initially thought felt like cheating... i've started paying more attention to the kill cams going back watching them and foot steps are WAY too damn loud in this game. I'm always like holy crap how tf did he even know i was coming around that corner, he was facing the other way and i was creeping! ... and then on their kill cam i can hear the directional audio as he would and even though i'm crouch creeping going as slow as possible i sound like an elephant in the hallway or next room over.

GenericUser

Damn ok if you're not actually using an aim bot then hell i take back what i've said (And also don't feel like going back and digging through all my clips haha) that's pretty gnarly playing wow. If you can flick instantly between people like that with just normal aim assist headshot or not then i dunno.

One thing i've also noticed that i initially thought felt like cheating... i've started paying more attention to the kill cams going back watching them and foot steps are WAY too damn loud in this game. I'm always like holy crap how tf did he even know i was coming around that corner, he was facing the other way and i was creeping! ... and then on their kill cam i can hear the directional audio as he would and even though i'm crouch creeping going as slow as possible i sound like an elephant in the hallway or next room over.
I recognized that I get punished for playing "too fast" pretty often. Unless your aim and movement and gun setup is really really good, I think playing at a slightly slower pace is worth a try. In my experience, the game often rewards playing a little bit slower and more careful. In that regard, it really reminds me of the original call of duties.

chixdiggit

The footstep audio is way better at least since the beta. But yeah, crouched/prone movement should be silent. Also the mini map needs adjusting. That's probably screwing you over as well.

splattered

I recognized that I get punished for playing "too fast" pretty often. Unless your aim and movement and gun setup is really really good, I think playing at a slightly slower pace is worth a try. In my experience, the game often rewards playing a little bit slower and more careful. In that regard, it really reminds me of the original call of duties.

That's generally how i play MW depending on gun/setup like you said. Cold War and Vanguard is super fast but the MW titles feel slower paced and more mid-long range play to me.

chixdiggit

Agreed. Some people can still bust out the crazy pace but in general a more tactical approach is superior in this game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Need to tune up my aimbot because my flicks aren't quite on point yet :messenger_weary:

Thats straight up good shooting

Agreed. Some people can still bust out the crazy pace but in general a more tactical approach is superior in this game.
Even when the SMG fast paced can be the superior style I simply prefer trying to be more tactical, I know kind of funny in a COD game

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah when I play with some friends we are scattered across platforms and I run crossplay on. When I play solo I run it off on the PS5 and instantly find matches and while I run into some really good players no one is just doing stupid shit like I see some pc players doing
Consoles also have aim bot cheats. Just not as common but I have run into them many times while playing CoD over the years.

It's the wall hacking stuff thats not on consoles. yet.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Consoles also have aim bot cheats. Just not as common but I have run into them many times while playing CoD over the years.

It's the wall hacking stuff thats not on consoles. yet.
Yeah I have actually seen the enhanced aim assist on my own PS4 when my nephew brought over his controller and strike pack addon, very op

Have seen kill feeds of a PC player snap shot me which is fine but a couple of times seen his gun lock onto targets he can't see and even start shooting at people behind a wall, those I report

Granted actual cheats are hard to come across and the really good ones try not to make it obvious

splattered

I know this is probably a very bad take but i feel like COD would be 100x better if they removed foot tracking and the screen flash mechanic when someone is looking in your direction. It isn't cheating because it's built into the game... but i feel like it shouldnt be there in the first place.

Anyone a fan of Search and Destroy? Back when I was into CoD, that’s all I played. Is it any good here? Itching to get back into it but I worry it’s all ADHD screen spam nonsense.

Rossco EZ

I almost hate popping off having a great game as SBMM seems to think all of a sudden I turned into a COD pro and matches me against them
haha next game i play will be with cracked players then there’s me with my 10 kills 30 deaths :messenger_tears_of_joy:
actually recorded the game so will post here once it’s done uploading to youtube!
(well it’s recorded but has no sound for some reason, good old xbox recording at it again)

Last edited:

Kerotan

This game needs some major changes and content updates asap. How the fuck are they launching this with 6 multiplayer maps only and with that stupid weapon upgrade system. Im already tired by playing the same maps over and over again with the same guns to upgrade them. And the attachments are really trash since most of the them are downgrading the weapon. And why can't i shoot while im sliding or why do i need to press 2 times to climb over a wall. Who made those decisions, didn't they play MW19 or WZ. And the TTK is ridiculously low, which makes this game too easy. Also the game closed like 9 times in 3 days with the same error and bugs since launch. There is potential but this ain't it, chief.
Because it's a soft launch. Between the campaign, co-op, 6 multi maps and ground war map there's plenty to Keep you going for another 10 days when warzone 2 drop's.

It will also bring season 1 and I'm guessing with every season we'll be getting 1 or 2 new maps.

Top Bottom