• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

0neAnd0nly

I’m still having the glitch / crash I mentioned a while back.

Anybody else on PS5 occasionally (like 2 or 3 times a night) finish a match on multiplayer, and then the game gets stuck at “loading datacenter” (the progression bar after the match) and then pops up with “connection lost/ times out” “retry or continue offline”. No matter what you push, it will end up bringing up the PlayStation error pop up, close the game down and give you the typical option to report the error to Sony or not.

Anybody else at all?

I’d like COD without killstreaks

I don’t mind killstreaks as long as they were always the same 3.

I still think CoD4 MW is the better balanced of all CoD games and one i can go back and replay endlessly.

I LOVED the *style* of CoD MW2, but it was so poorly balanced it was surprising the game even was released in that state. In almost every game I played someone was able to just streak kill streaks together to get a nuke and end the game super quickly. Absolutely idiotic.

Rossco EZ

Every match after the first night. I have yet to play a match, even at a supposed 40 Ms ping where everyone isn’t sliding across the area. Utterly unplayable.
yeah mine has been fine all day/night but just had two games that were unplayable, my ping was showing as 999ms then going back to 30-40ms for like a minute then spiking like crazy again. nobody could kill each other we were all just teleporting around.

chris121580

I’m really enjoying the game. Third person is especially awesome. Really addresses that SOCOM itch. I just want to be able to play team death match only in that mode though

Deanington

I’m enjoying the game, but god damn they need to fix the ui. Custom camo is fucked to navigate through on pc. I bought off Steam and promo codes and Twitch drops are not appearing for me. I did some digging and seems like a Steam problem for promo codes? Unpopular opinion, I really like border crossing map.

Kagero

Man, I suck at this game. It's like Battlefield 2042 all over again for me. I just can't seem to git gud :(

I still think CoD4 MW is the better balanced of all CoD games and one i can go back and replay endlessly.

I LOVED the *style* of CoD MW2, but it was so poorly balanced it was surprising the game even was released in that state. In almost every game I played someone was able to just streak kill streaks together to get a nuke and end the game super quickly. Absolutely idiotic.

When is the last time you played COD 4 online XD You get a perk that lets you carry TWO grenades and TWO flash bangs. Its like a popcorn fest even in the MW2 remaster multiplayer lobby. Its childish and ridiculous, was good for its time but looking back its kind of a comedy.

Last edited:
This can be abused in COD4 as well, I abused it all the time. Get a helo and kill yourself, since kill streak kills count towards kill streaks, easy kill streaks after your first 7 kills, rinse and repeat.
In almost every game I played someone was able to just streak kill streaks together to get a nuke and end the game super quickly. Absolutely idiotic.

I played the hell out of this game and maybe one in 25 matches had a nuke. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

0neAnd0nly

Anybody else notice that in 6v6 maps graphics actually look worse than mw19?
What system?

Not on ps5 for sure.

Anybody notice that if you take a dip in the water, your clothes stay wet after that until you get demolished and respawn?

This can be abused in COD4 as well, I abused it all the time. Get a helo and kill yourself, since kill streak kills count towards kill streaks, easy kill streaks after your first 7 kills, rinse and repeat.
Yep, but compare that to the various sequels whose balancing was far, far, far worse. I am not saying that the game is balanced - just that it had better balancing over later entries.

I played the hell out of this game and maybe one in 25 matches had a nuke. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Not sure what to tell you, mate. It was nearly every game I played. Very common to the point where it killed my interest in playing the series for a good while.

Filth

Could be faulty RAM, GPU, PSU, MB, or SSD. 😅
nah brother my pc is functional. I think i figured it out, the game is being shown as purchased on battle net and i can download it but its not in the list of games i own in the games and subscriptions tab so battle net will not load the game. And i played the game for two days through battle net. Very weird bug

GenericUser

Hit lvl55 now. No prestige, what is this bullshit? Do they expect me to do nothing for like 2 weeks? I hate this shit. So far, I think the guns work the best when you put no attachments on them. I rocked the AUG and the AK74U for the last 10 levels and they performed very well without any attachments. Whenever I added something to the gun, it felt worse.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I’m enjoying the game, but god damn they need to fix the ui. Custom camo is fucked to navigate through on pc. I bought off Steam and promo codes and Twitch drops are not appearing for me. I did some digging and seems like a Steam problem for promo codes? Unpopular opinion, I really like border crossing map.
Yeah, especially as someone who works in this field I have to admit I'm kinda perplexed by the interface choices mase in this game. Much of it breaks the rules of thumb for interaction design. It almost give me the vibe they don't have any dedicated UX designers in the team.

Hit lvl55 now. No prestige, what is this bullshit? Do they expect me to do nothing for like 2 weeks?

Yeah I don't quite understand what they were thinking, and it hasn't been communicated well. The experience somewhat feels like a limited beta.

Last edited:

GenericUser

For camos, which is the intended endgame. I don’t even do daily challenges because there is no benefit to quickly reaching level 55, I’ve just been maxing out my guns one by one :)
The intended endgame in the cooler call of duties was getting max prestige level 1000

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Didn’t like the EBR at first but its way better with a scope. Headshot central.

What lethal are you all using? I get at least a few kills every game with frags. Cooking is VERY effective. Downside is I have been killed more times than I like to admit while cooking.

What lethal are you all using? I get at least a few kills every game with frags. Cooking is VERY effective. Downside is I have been killed more times than I like to admit while cooking.
Drill charge, I like killing them snipers

kikkis

Drill charge. As a semtex loyalist for a decade, drill charge is the best innovation in lethal department.

SkylineRKR

I actually don’t think any of the maps are bad, though I prefer some more than others.

Stark contrast to 2019 and all te garbage tier maps. Cold War maps were far >>>> MW2 maps IMO.

I would say my LEAST favorite of the MW2 maps would be Valderas Museum (which I actually haven’t gotten in rotation at all since the beta ended and the full game began) and Taraq. But I still think they are both ok maps, not bad.
I read Valderas has been taken out on purpose.

Drill charge. As a semtex loyalist for a decade, drill charge is the best innovation in lethal department.

Drill charge gave me the most kills by far. Just throw it at the outside of a room enemies are hiding in.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

drill charge or that proximity mine, depending on the game mode.

Since we are having this discussion, I did notice something last night while I was messing around with claymore's. As soon as you die, your claymore disappears so it doesn't live on after your death. Maybe this is common knowledge to everyone else but I thought I'd share.

Last edited:

baphomet

Since we are having this discussion, I did notice something last night while I was messing around with claymore's. As soon as you die, your claymore disappears so it doesn't live on after your death, unlike the other explosive devices like the proximity mine do. Maybe this is common knowledge to everyone else but I thought I'd share.

Proximity mines also disappear.

GreatnessRD

Since we are having this discussion, I did notice something last night while I was messing around with claymore's. As soon as you die, your claymore disappears so it doesn't live on after your death, unlike the other explosive devices like the proximity mine do. Maybe this is common knowledge to everyone else but I thought I'd share.
In TDM or a major mode like S&D? TDM I can see, but if S&D that's pretty stupid, but par the course for Call of Casual.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Playing games on my PC is almost always hassle-free, and solid as a rock. But the amount of crashes with this game, man... It's frustrating..

If I f.ex. play Ground War for 25 minutes and the game crashes, do I lose all accumulated XP in that match..?

Edit: Hmm, maybe not, I see now that my marksman rifle kept its level-up from the last crashed match. If I'm right, then at least that's a bit of relief, the game crashes every other match now.

(latest drivers on 5950 and 3080)

Last edited:

Sub_Level

It takes 5 seconds or so but mines go away too :)

Playing games on my PC is almost always hassle-free, and solid as a rock. But the amount of crashes with this game, man... It's frustrating..

If I f.ex. play Ground War for 25 minutes and the game crashes, do I lose all accumulated XP in that match..?

man you are like the 10th person in here havin problems with the pc version I hope they fix it for you guys soon. This isnt acceptable.

Proximity mines also disappear.

Interesting, I thought I got a couple proximity mine kills after I respawn 🤷. So is it safe to say that "mines" you spawn with under your lethal disappear when you die, but the killstreak "mines" like the cluster mine don't? This would make sense because the sentry gun you earn through killstreaks sticks around after many respawns. Same probably goes for the suppression mine in your field upgrade. I guess this comes down to things you are spawned with vs things earned through play.

I've been playing these games forever you think I would know some of this shit.

Sleepwalker

Gonna pick this up for either console, miss me some cod action.

I skipped mw 2019, im guessing id be fine watching the youtube movie for the campaign right?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I skipped mw 2019, im guessing id be fine watching the youtube movie for the campaign right?
Its minor to some but if you are debating between consoles for Xbox you have to disable cross play at the OS level as you can't turn it off in game menu and this forces the game to search for other Xbox people who also disabled it at the OS level and can result in longer wait times

On PS5 you can disable it in game settings and I find games really fast and who knows long term how the player population will be since this is a 2 year cycle.

The larger game modes like Ground War and Invasion force cross play no matter what

I haven't seen the YT campaign movie so can't help you there

Sub_Level

Yeah you are fine even without watching that tbh. All you need to know is that Gaz is black now and Price is friends with a lady named Kate…otherwise its very straightforward.

Sub_Level

Gaz was always black but he did not mimic Hamilton back in the day

Where is my season one!?!?

Gaz was a cracker in CoD4! Season 1 is November 16, with another major update set for December 14. No official roadmap pic yet but we know Warzone 2, Raid mode, 2 maps, and 2 weapons are coming. Rumor is the weapons are Honey Badger and the MPX. Nobody knows the maps other than that they are legacy maps.

That stuff is nice but I’m hoping for some waifu skins. Thats whats really important.

Sleepwalker

Its minor to some but if you are debating between consoles for Xbox you have to disable cross play at the OS level as you can't turn it off in game menu and this forces the game to search for other Xbox people who also disabled it at the OS level and can result in longer wait times

On PS5 you can disable it in game settings and I find games really fast and who knows long term how the player population will be since this is a 2 year cycle.

The larger game modes like Ground War and Invasion force cross play no matter what

I haven't seen the YT campaign movie so can't help you there
My buddy I gameshare with that plays cod is on xbox so ill probably still get it there. Our warzone squad is divided between consoles so we always do crossplay and its fine most of the time.

Sub_Level Sub_Level bet, thank you :) cant wait to dive in

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I was struggling to find where the calling cards was, but then I wish I hadn't found it.
8 Normal Calling Cards 22 Pride/Progressive Flag Calling Cards.
David Tennant What GIF by Doctor Who

Interesting, I thought I got a couple proximity mine kills after I respawn 🤷. So is it safe to say that "mines" you spawn with under your lethal disappear when you die, but the killstreak "mines" like the cluster mine don't? This would make sense because the sentry gun you earn through killstreaks sticks around after many respawns. Same probably goes for the suppression mine in your field upgrade. I guess this comes down to things you are spawned with vs things earned through play.

I've been playing these games forever you think I would know some of this shit.

Okay, I did some testing for those who are still interested. Everything I said above is true regarding mines.

I selected the cluster mine for a killstreak and a suppression mine for a field upgrade. I put them both in an area that couldn't be triggered by an enemy and after I died a few times I went back and checked and they were still there. For shits & giggles I did plant a regular proximity mine and it disappeared after I died just like everyone said.

The lesson here is: if your strategy is to plant some more long-term booby traps, you know which ones to go with now... unless your plan is never dying in cod. 😎

Top Bottom