• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

GladiusFrog

Heads up, apparently jack links has a MW2 promotion going on.

Just got a operator skin from the code, its a freaking full ghillie suit.

nikos

Something definitely doesn't feel right with this game.

I'm consistently shooting people first, in the head or upper torso, and still losing fights. I'm getting killed with three bullets and having to hit 3x-4x that to get a kill. Doesn't matter which weapon I'm using. Not to mention getting hitmarkers with marksman and sniper rifles at close-medium range.

If Warzone 2 isn't good, I think my CoD days are over. Never really been a fan to begin with, but I loved Warzone for a while so I ended up playing these games to level weapons and stay competitive.

Rossco EZ

Something definitely doesn't feel right with this game.

I'm consistently shooting people first, in the head or upper torso, and still losing fights. I'm getting killed with three bullets and having to hit 3x-4x that to get a kill. Doesn't matter which weapon I'm using. Not to mention getting hitmarkers with marksman and sniper rifles at close-medium range.

If Warzone 2 isn't good, I think my CoD days are over. Never really been a fan to begin with, but I loved Warzone for a while so I ended up playing these games to level weapons and stay competitive.
try the Kastov 762 or go down the path of unlocking the mp5

So, is this game at least a little evolution in comparison to MW2019 and worthwhile to play with a couple of friends or how's it looking?

Metacritic just seems to have scores from a few media outlets available because most of them only reviewed the singleplayer mode and that wouldn't be the reason to buy it for me.
I have quite a lot of play time in MW2019, BOCW and Warzone/Rebirth and like a lot of other people I'm pretty burnt out with most of the AAA output nowadays and expect at least a little jump in quality in sequels but this game just looks like the 2019 one with marginally better graphics and fewer features. In the public's eyes it's polarizing, too.

I thought the DMZ mode would be justification enough to buy it but that will be released as a F2P with WZ2 so I'm unsure if there are enough reasons for me to buy this game and Activision didn't really earn any trust with their last releases.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
So, is this game at least a little evolution in comparison to MW2019 and worthwhile to play with a couple of friends or how's it looking?

Metacritic just seems to have scores from a few media outlets available because most of them only reviewed the singleplayer mode and that wouldn't be the reason to buy it for me.
I have quite a lot of play time in MW2019, BOCW and Warzone/Rebirth and like a lot of other people I'm pretty burnt out with most of the AAA output nowadays and expect at least a little jump in quality in sequels but this game just looks like the 2019 one with marginally better graphics and fewer features. In the public's eyes it's polarizing, too.

I thought the DMZ mode would be justification enough to buy it but that will be released as a F2P with WZ2 so I'm unsure if there are enough reasons for me to buy this game and Activision didn't really earn any trust with their last releases.
its 2019 but with better maps and a few changes and a few core features bmissing that are sure to be added in over time. If you like 2019 you like this. its a solid 8/10 from me. i just hit 55 so played enough to make a judgement i think.

nikos

try the Kastov 762 or go down the path of unlocking the mp5

Forgot about the Kastov, going to give it a shot tonight. Unlocked the MP5 and it seems pretty good. I thought the 556 was horrible but people are telling me otherwise.

I think using less attachments may be a good thing right now. Lots of them slow down ADS and that could be an issue with such a fast TTK. Need to experiment some more. Hopefully this changes a bit with Warzone 2.

DoomGyver

The AK varients, marksman rifles, aug 556 all good. Attachments have too many cons so I only use 2 or 3. I’m really disappointed in the state of the game. It’s not finished, like not even close.

Rossco EZ

Is it true they’re going to release the old MWII multiplayer maps? Will they be remastered?

KxaxL64.jpg

i saw this before release and i’m pretty sure i saw a streamer playing Highrise during beta or early access

then there’s these newer maps that could get added apparently
UWGpHoY.jpg

Nephron

Neo Member
A lot of odd bans are happening

Apparently users have even been banned while playing singleplayer during the pre-release week. Absolutely disgusting what Activision is pulling off here. Obviously their Ricochet anti-cheat is malfunctioning and triggering false-positives.
Steam users even get their profile burned by a visible "game ban".

I uninstalled and refunded the game before launch. No way I will take that risk.

rui0le7jlfv915ad1p.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1938090/discussions/0/3470612993471990887/
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/mw2-account-got-permanently-banned-for-no-reason/35528

GenericUser

I present to you, the absolutely shittiest weapon in the whole game:
ftac-1-1200x675.jpg

Outperformed by many other guns at long range? CHECK!
Inconsistent at mid range? SURE!
Useless piece of shit - "you are already dead bro" - at short range? ABSOLUTELY
Cockblocks you from the hurricane SMG? RIGHTY RIGHT!

Leveling this trash feels like torture.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Apparently users have even been banned while playing singleplayer during the pre-release week. Absolutely disgusting what Activision is pulling off here. Obviously their Ricochet anti-cheat is malfunctioning and triggering false-positives.
Steam users even get their profile burned by a visible "game ban".

I uninstalled and refunded the game before launch. No way I will take that risk.

rui0le7jlfv915ad1p.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1938090/discussions/0/3470612993471990887/
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/mw2-account-got-permanently-banned-for-no-reason/35528

My nephew who just got a Series S not long ago was banned during the campaign week but this kid also always used one of those strike packs with paid cheats during his PS4 days so wouldn't be overly surprised if he was using some sort of cheat device again.

ftac-1-1200x675.jpg

Invasion grinding weapons has turned into a sweat fest so grinding guns there has become super hard but using double decoy grenades and play some objective based game and toss them around the objectives and you rake in the weapon XP when your team kills anyone near your grenade helps level guns much faster

GenericUser

My nephew who just got a Series S not long ago was banned during the campaign week but this kid also always used one of those strike packs with paid cheats during his PS4 days so wouldn't be overly surprised if he was using some sort of cheat device again.

Invasion grinding weapons has turned into a sweat fest so grinding guns there has become super hard but using double decoy grenades and play some objective based game and toss them around the objectives and you rake in the weapon XP when your team kills anyone near your grenade helps level guns much faster
I already pushed the weapon to like level 14 or so. At level 16, the hurricane is being unlocked. There is a new barrel at the end of the "skill tree" of the ftac recon, but I don't know if I can endure this weapon for that long.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I have liked all the weapons I have levelled so far. ESPECIALLY running around with a 150 round incendiary lmg absolutely DEVASTATING the enemy team. But I haven’t gotten to the FTAC yet, I remember not liking it in the beta.

Freeman76

The campaign on series X is super blurry. It can get really bad at times and then seems to focus. Started noticing it in the Amsterdam mission. Never seen anything like it.

NickFire

Btw found out just today if you use decoy grenades you get weapon XP anytime your team kills enemies around your decoy

Its only like 25 xp per kill but adds up fast in certain modes
Keep those tips coming good sir.

(also referencing your tips on invasion for weapon xp and turning off cross play not making long wait times)

GenericUser

I have liked all the weapons I have levelled so far. ESPECIALLY running around with a 150 round incendiary lmg absolutely DEVASTATING the enemy team. But I haven’t gotten to the FTAC yet, I remember not liking it in the beta.
The FTAC holds like 10 rounds in a magazine and it takes like 1 shot (direct headshot at short/medium range) to 4 shots to kill one guy. Useless piece of shit. But I had a lucky invasion round and got it from level 14 to 17 in one match. Finally unlocked the hurricane and it was worth it! Can't wait for season one. I want to prestige so hard.

Mossybrew

ftac-1-1200x675.jpg

Hah I used that gun for one match yesterday then said forget this trash. I know a submachine gun is locked behind it, but I'm in love with the Fennec 45 right now anyway, so I'll worry about leveling this thing some other time.

Rossco EZ

just noticed a bit of a glitch, if you go to perk package and use overkill and select two primary guns then change overkill to double time or something it lets you use two primary’s still

edit: doesn’t seem to work now must of been a 1 time thing

Last edited:
ftac-1-1200x675.jpg

yep, fucking bailed after level 16 thank goodness

SkylineRKR

I thought Battle Rifles would be as shitty as in Vanguard again, also because of the FTAC or another one that was absolute shit, but the Lachmann is putting in some work. I've had my best games with this weapon, easily. Just maintain some distance, and a scope helps. If you can lock down a flag or hardpoint you can easily rack up kills with it from relatively safe distance. I've spawned multiple VTOLS and stealth bombers with it. Overkill with a shotty or something for those indoor sections and when you know they close in you helps. I'm working towards the MP5.

I also had a Super Kill on Taraq. It might be a shitty map, but its made for SAE strikes and the such.

Last edited:
Interesting, I thought I got a couple proximity mine kills after I respawn 🤷. So is it safe to say that "mines" you spawn with under your lethal disappear when you die, but the killstreak "mines" like the cluster mine don't? This would make sense because the sentry gun you earn through killstreaks sticks around after many respawns. Same probably goes for the suppression mine in your field upgrade. I guess this comes down to things you are spawned with vs things earned through play.

I've been playing these games forever you think I would know some of this shit.
From what I can tell, they don't disappear when you DIE, they disappear when you RESPAWN. Feel like I've let my kill cam play out and gotten more kills that way when I knw the guy who took me out was about to step into my mine

8BiTw0LF

Banned
ftac-1-1200x675.jpg

If you think that's a pain in the ass - wait till try this:

codmw54-2048x1152.jpg

MastAndo

I'm not enjoying having to use weapons I don't want to use to unlock things for weapons I do want to use....especially considering I have to take my mediocre skills into a match where I'm going in with a barebones weapon with no attachments or anything. That's not fun. I haven't tried playing Invasion to level weapons up yet though, maybe that's the way to go.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I dunno man, I see people doing work with that sucker.
Yes but you need the right mods for it.

• Muzzle: Sakin Tread-40
  • Barrel: 15.9″ Lachmann Rapp Barrel
  • Stock: FT Mobile Stock
  • Rear Grip: Lachmann TCG-10
  • Optic: Cronen Mini Red Dot
  • Receiver: Lachmann-762

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm not enjoying having to use weapons I don't want to use to unlock things for weapons I do want to use....especially considering I have to take my mediocre skills into a match where I'm going in with a barebones weapon with no attachments or anything. That's not fun. I haven't tried playing Invasion to level weapons up yet though, maybe that's the way to go.
Its the dumbest system ever to unlock a scope for say my M4 I have to level up shotguns to reach that scope

GenericUser

If you think that's a pain in the ass - wait till try this:

codmw54-2048x1152.jpg
I already leveled up the Lachmann. It actually was one of the first guns I used because I wanted the MP5. What makes the Lachmann bearable is the fact that the magazine holds 20 rounds and in full auto it's somewhat decent.

Top Bottom