• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Hot Toys Civil War figures:

QFk6vzL.jpg

EtLXp7Z.jpg

GyXe8om.jpg

aMw1SKa.jpg

8fBqs4k.jpg

Z8kFauG.jpg

dankir

I feel like these are totally different answers. I'm going with dankir, and says those prices are realistic.

I have 79 Hot Toys figures, including most of those figures on PO or the AoU versions. I'm well versed in HT pricing :(

The Iron Man Mk XLVI is a power pose figure, so it should be <$200 but Hot Toys prices are always rising.

Yeah but PowerPose is ass, everybody is waiting for the Diecast Mark 46. It's going to be out sometime in 2017 and I'm sure they're going to ask 375 - 399 for it.

The bleeding edge design translated beautifully. Shame he won't have his power rangers transformation though.

first-look-at-iron-man-s-bleeding-edge-armor-in-captain-america-3-civil-war-390557.jpg

I consider that his Sailor Moon transformation but Power Rangers works too.

The evolution of Cap's suit has been great and it gets better each time, but I'd say the Iron Man suit is the best hero 'costume' and has been since they first debuted it. I never thought they would be able to make is look believable.

inky

Mark III > *

But yea, bleeding edge looks cool. Loved Friday too, or whatever that was called. Very similar but still awesome.

guek

Banned
I thought this snippet from Johansson in EW was pretty interesting. I like that they went full hog on trying something new with Widow and Banner's characters, even if it didn't work for everyone. I personally didn't have a problem with it, though parts of it could have been better executed.

“You know, I’m happy that people scrutinize the Widow’s storylines and care about it and are invested,” she tells Entertainment Weekly. “I’d much rather it be like that than have a kind of ‘meh’ reaction. For me to have people say that would be, ouch, you know? Everything that I’ve done with the Widow, to me makes sense. It’s in line with active decisions that I’ve made for the character. I’ve been able to develop this character very closely with Joss and [Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo].”

Johansson says that she had significant input into Natasha’s controversial romance with Bruce Banner, a.k.a. the Hulk.

“Of course. And what her motivation is for making the decisions that she does. I had a lot of conversations with Joss about what she sees in Banner. Or why is she, at this point in her life, able to be open in this way? We both followed that storyline with a lot of confidence that it was the right arc for my character up until that point.”

And a strong reaction – even one fueled by controversy – is better than no reaction.

“Yes, of course! That’s better than the mediocre reaction, definitely. We expect that. The character is so beloved. You can only hope that people are going have opinions about it, you know? She somehow ends up always on top, even if you’re not always in agreement with how she gets there.”

The Kree

Banned
The relationship made total sense to me based on the way it was written and foreshadowed in the previous movie. The only people who seemed to have a real problem with it were irrational fanboys and fangirls who were doing super obvious shipping with her and Clint or Steve in their meaningless little head canons.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
You know why.
2h73RFh.gif

I will do anything for him to come back for a Armor Wars story line, Hammer, Stanes son, Crimson Dynamo , Titanium Man, Detroit Steel, Count Nefaria, Tony gettin shot in some vertabrae, Avengers West Coast, Madam Masque, Rescue, Roger from Mad Men playing Howard, Repulsor Blast, Uni Beam, PROTON CANNON, the kitchen sink....

Dai101

Banned
You know why.
2h73RFh.gif

OMFG YASSSSSSSSS¡¡¡¡¡

I will do anything for him to come back for a Armor Wars story line, Hammer, Stanes son, Crimson Dynamo , Titanium Man, Detroit Steel, Count Nefaria, Tony gettin shot in some vertabrae, Avengers West Coast, Madam Masque, Rescue, Roger from Mad Men playing Howard, Repulsor Blast, Uni Beam, PROTON CANNON, the kitchen sink....

You won me at kitchen sink.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I'm still kinda annoyed that Iron Man's helmet/mask hasn't changed really.

It's one of the more iconic bits of imagery in the MCU, I can see why they don't really alter it that much. But it's been made retractable as you can see in the trailer.

guek

Banned
I miss when the helmet was an actual helmet. The way each bit of armor can disassemble and reassemble after IM3 is neat and all but I never understood how each piece remains fully functional without a direct power line to the arc reactor.

The Kree

Banned
I miss when the helmet was an actual helmet. The way each bit of armor can disassemble and reassemble after IM3 is neat and all but I never understood how each piece remains fully functional without a direct power line to the arc reactor.

You could assume inductive charging, EMF, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom