• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania DS screens, trailer, movies here

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/castlevania/media.html

922145_20050816_screen002.jpg

922145_20050816_screen003.jpg

922145_20050816_screen004.jpg

922145_20050816_screen005.jpg

922145_20050816_screen006.jpg

922145_20050816_screen007.jpg

922145_20050816_screen008.jpg

922145_20050816_screen009.jpg

922145_20050816_screen010.jpg

922145_20050816_screen011.jpg

922145_20050816_screen012.jpg

I'm still debating if I should get the Japanese version at the end of the month. I don't know if I'll be able to wait 'till October for this damn game.

Tony HoTT

Banned
Unfuckingbelievable man! That boss at the end falling through the floors. The graphics look better than SOTN even.

Can't wait any longer.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Circle of the Moon rocks and so does Aria. Play them both. CotM is the only GBA CV game with a great soundtrack, though...

Dawn of Souls looks fantastic. I am extremely excited about the game.

Aria's better.
I wouldn't go that far...

Aria IS good, but the map wasn't as interesting and the music was nowhere near as good.

Soul4ger

dark10x said:
Aria IS good, but the map wasn't as interesting and the music was nowhere near as good.

Yeah, but the story is FAR superior, and the gameplay fuxing rox SotN's. It's a trade-off, and it doesn't have the first-time "WOW" of Symphony, but Aria's portable, and it's stunning.

demi

I've only played Aria and Circle of the Moon, and Aria is SO better.

I need to play Harmony of Dissonance to fully rank these games.

But Aria is probably the best. As usual.

Cathcart said:
Here, SEVEN dollars. This is probably the best deal of all time. Now stop making excuses.

Uh dude, that's from Hong Kong.

Soul4ger

Oh! My Car! said:

Because Advance Wars comes out two days before that, and I'm sure that will keep us all more than occupied until October...

demi said:

Harmony is the WORST. By far. Just a terrible map. Ugh.

Cathcart said:
DS_W0QQitemZ8211028272QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Here, SEVEN dollars[/URL]. This is probably a pirate copy.

But still playable? I actually don't know what downsides there are to these GBA fakes.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Soul4ger said:
Yeah, but the story is FAR superior, and the gameplay fuxing rox SotN's. It's a trade-off, and it doesn't have the first-time "WOW" of Symphony, but Aria's portable, and it's stunning.
The gameplay is better? In what way?

They were very similar, but the much higher quality animation at least made navigation and combat more enjoyable in SotN. They are both great games, but SotN is presented in a much more impressive fashion.

The story isn't exactly critical to either, though. I'll admit that Aria had a very cool ending (
What with Soma being Dracula, the Belmont fight, and the general closure of everything
, but the story wasn't really all that prominent during most of the game.

SotN does everything else better (to varying degrees). They are quite comparable, though. I suppose we could compare the sub-systems and whatnot, but that does not make a big difference to me (as the actual core platforming and combat is most important).

I wish people wouldn't ignore Circle of the Moon, though. The game is excellent. It's much more difficult than the other two GBA games, features a great soundtrack, and a good map to explore. It's a great game!

Concerto of Midnight Sun is probably my least favorite, though. BORING music, bad animation, ugly sprites, and inferior controls (not bad, just not as good as the other Metroidvania games).

AniHawk

demi said:

Uh dude, that's from Hong Kong.

Hong Kong, eh? Sold. They always have the best deals for some reason.

Soul4ger

dark10x said:
The gameplay is better? In what way?

They were very similar, but the much higher quality animation at least made navigation and combat more enjoyable in SotN. They are both great games, but SotN is presented in a much more impressive fashion.

The story isn't exactly critical to either, though. I'll admit that Aria had a very cool ending (
What with Soma being Dracula, the Belmont fight, and the general closure of everything
, but the story wasn't really all that prominent during most of the game.

SotN does everything else better (to varying degrees). They are quite comparable, though. I suppose we could compare the sub-systems and whatnot, but that does not make a big difference to me (as the actual core platforming and combat is most important).

I wish people wouldn't ignore Circle of the Moon, though. The game is excellent. It's much more difficult than the other two GBA games, features a great soundtrack, and a good map to explore. It's a great game!

See, I think the Soul System really added a lot to Aria, but I'm one of those guys that likes to collect everything. I really enjoyed trying them out, and slowing realizing that
the three powers combined to make Soma JUST LIKE DRACULA, and that, in turn, he was Dracula
. I get what you're saying, though. Symphony's presentation really added a ton to the game, and I love it.

Ranger X

I prefered the level design of Aria of Sorrow. For some reason, the Castle and other envirronement where feeling better going trought them.
The back tracking also felt better. The spirit system is really cool and all the combination you can make is interesting. I also prefer a shit load of item/abilities instead of a shitload of equipements and accessories.

Graphic is contextual, it looks just as good on Aria than SOTN.
The only thing that is a tad better in SOTN is the music, it's so well composed.

IMO: Aria > SOTN >>>>> Dracula's Curse > etc etc etc etc

Soul4ger

demi said:
IS IT SO HORRIBLE? SHOULD I EVEN BOTHER PLAYING IT!?

I wrote a review for Games Are Fun years ago, and I gave it a 5/10. By our scale, that's "average," but I really didn't like it. I have it, just because I love the series, but I don't think I'll ever play it again. Just dull and repetitive and not that good.

demi

Soul4ger said:
I wrote a review for Games Are Fun years ago, and I gave it a 5/10. By our scale, that's "average," but I really didn't like it. I have it, just because I love the series, but I don't think I'll ever play it again. Just dull and repetitive and not that good.

Well good, because YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT.

SantaC

Gold Member
Son of Godzilla said:
There's a difference?

castlevania is deeper.

edit: I think I am going to get the japanese version now when the eruo version been pushed back 2 weeks.

Zeenbor

I'm so excited, it's hurting my ability to cooncentrate and work. I absolutely loved Aria of Sorrow (my favorite GBA game) and this... this... is ORGASMIC. My fingers are jizzing typing this. There's something about Castlevania games that make me feel like a kid again and when I had that fresh excitement about GAMEPLAY, ya know?

Top Bottom