• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - |OT| - Dead and Loving It!

Voror

I suppose I can take some consolation in that after the Paladin challenge the last two are relatively easy and I imagine the game on PoD is a breeze, but I'm getting to the point where I'm inclined to just give up. There aren't any videos of someone beating the challenges are there? Because I'd love to see a video on this challenge even if it still wouldn't matter as luck is what determines a victory in this rather than skill.

I'm curious about the Revelations DLC. Of course, I expect no real revelations about the ending and Cox's response on that is utterly hilarious. I expect Alucard will largely control the same as Dracula as he should still have the Dark Pain whip he had from MoF, though it's possible they'll make it entirely sword based in combat.That it seems to take place in the past and thus more with the castle seems like a plus unless it's just a retread.

Levyne

Banned
For the paladin challenge, I would use the Dragon talisman after the armor is gone on the heavies to clear them out and damage the guy. Afterwards, I also found it pretty easy to keep the sword apart using the heavy whip combo, while also making sure I blasted with chaos claws (especially the chaos claw counter) to just damage him fast.

Voror

For the paladin challenge, I would use the Dragon talisman after the armor is gone on the heavies to clear them out and damage the guy. Afterwards, I also found it pretty easy to keep the sword apart using the heavy whip combo, while also making sure I blasted with chaos claws (especially the chaos claw counter) to just damage him fast.

Oh, I managed to do that on my second try of the challenge. I just messed up on the swords part because he insisted on doing unblockable attacks constantly so I couldn't get any shots in.

My problem since then is that I cannot get him to attack once I've heated up their armor or he'll use an attack and I clearly see it hit them but it doesn't. And as long as the heavies are around it's been very difficult for me to get any attacks on the Paladin when his swords are joined together as I have to avoid them so they don't kill me in 5 seconds.

I suppose I can take some consolation in that after the Paladin challenge the last two are relatively easy and I imagine the game on PoD is a breeze, but I'm getting to the point where I'm inclined to just give up. There aren't any videos of someone beating the challenges are there? Because I'd love to see a video on this challenge even if it still wouldn't matter as luck is what determines a victory in this rather than skill.

I'm curious about the Revelations DLC. Of course, I expect no real revelations about the ending and Cox's response on that is utterly hilarious. I expect Alucard will largely control the same as Dracula as he should still have the Dark Pain whip he had from MoF, though it's possible they'll make it entirely sword based in combat.That it seems to take place in the past and thus more with the castle seems like a plus unless it's just a retread.

Are you using the relic that gives you infinite magic for a short period? What about the dragon talisman to finish off the guys after their armor is broken? Are you taking your time to attack the paladin? Rushing him will almost assuredly get you killed.

You're supposed to position the knights to be between you and the paladin. One hit from him after you heat up their armor should be enough to take it off.

Voror

Are you using the relic that gives you infinite magic for a short period? What about the dragon talisman to finish off the guys after their armor is broken? Are you taking your time to attack the paladin? Rushing him will almost assuredly get you killed.

You're supposed to position the knights to be between you and the paladin. One hit from him after you heat up their armor should be enough to take it off.

Yes, yes, and yes. I haven't been able to use the talisman though as I've been unable to get the armor broken on all three except for one time.

Yes, I understand that. But he will not attack me. He just runs around while they do all the attacking. I get lucky once in a while, but have only managed to get two of the guys broken at most.

Edit: Welp, got to use the talisman again finally, but as soon as the cutscene was over was informed I had failed the swords joined condition.

Yes, yes, and yes. I haven't been able to use the talisman though as I've been unable to get the armor broken on all three except for one time.

Yes, I understand that. But he will not attack me. He just runs around while they do all the attacking. I get lucky once in a while, but have only managed to get two of the guys broken at most.

Edit: Welp, got to use the talisman again finally, but as soon as the cutscene was over was informed I had failed the swords joined condition.

Don't use the talisman until you break his guard again. I made that mistake a few times. Getting too eager about using it will just get you killed. Trust me.

Astral Dog

I am after the raiza boss, and this game has been a combination of some good parts and others very awful, the graphics look much worse than the first los, but at least runs better than the first and i like that it has more of a Castlevania feel, the combat and bosses are good too. i would give it a 6/10.
btw is there a way for the void/chaos energy to fill faster or get more?

Voror

Don't use the talisman until you break his guard again. I made that mistake a few times. Getting too eager about using it will just get you killed. Trust me.

I suppose I thought it would break his guard or something. You'd think turning into a giant dragon would do that.

I just wish I wouldn't get swarmed by the heavies while trying to break the swords. They've killed me and seem to do far more damage than the Paladin does.

I am after the raiza boss, and this game has been a combination of some good parts and others very awful, the graphics look much worse than the first los, but at least runs better than the first and i like that it has more of a Castlevania feel, the combat and bosses are good too. i would give it a 6/10.
btw is there a way for the void/chaos energy to fill faster or get more?

Graphics look just as good if not better on PC imo. As for filling energy, you can fill it up faster by blocking at the right time or by hitting enemies enough times without getting hit.

Voror

So I've given up on the Paladin challenge. Maybe come back to it later. Beat the one where you just let the enemies kill each other and am trying to beat the one with
Victor
. Any tips for that one because I just can't seem to beat him in kills? And god I hate that stupid grab attack from the enemies.

So I've given up on the Paladin challenge. Maybe come back to it later. Beat the one where you just let the enemies kill each other and am trying to beat the one with
Victor
. Any tips for that one because I just can't seem to beat him in kills? And god I hate that stupid grab attack from the enemies.

Triangle then X to lift them in the air. Then hold Triangle while in the air. Use square to finish off weakened enemies.

Victor is an asshole. Just hope his AI doesn't go Super Sayian on you, and you should eventually beat him in kills.

Voror

Triangle then X to lift them in the air. Then hold Triangle while in the air. Use square to finish off weakened enemies.

Victor is an asshole. Just hope his AI doesn't go Super Sayian on you, and you should eventually beat him in kills.

Alright, I'll give that a shot. I've just been using Square, but that simply wasn't doing it fast enough.

God yes, he certainly is. I've seen him doing that a few times. At one point he got to 25 when I was at 12. It also didn't help that I kept thinking my counter was on the left, though I suppose the coloring should have been enough.

I feel like I've spent more time on these challenges than I have on the game itself.

Edit: What the hell? I just got stuck in mist mode. This game really is glitchy as all hell. I've had it crash at least three times in the past. Never had so much problem with a game in that area before.

Voror

I had the mist mode glitch in the same challenge as well. I thought it was a one off, guess not lol.

Yeah, just restarted and it was fine.

But jeez,
Victor
has gone nuts since I changed up tactics. He's getting to 15 before I get to 5.

Edit: Ha, got it! That one actually is pretty fun once that one condition is complete. It's fun fighting alongside someone.

Just one left. I swear I'm going to get this one done today. Quick question, what doesn't carry over in a new game +? Mastery I'd imagine?

Ambitious

That part was hilarious. And incredibly weird to be honest. I don't recall ever being able to do that in the first game.

Yeah, that kind of magic was kinda out of place. And you're right, it wasn't in the first game either.
By the way, how far into the game is this fight?

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, just restarted and it was fine.

But jeez,
Victor
has gone nuts since I changed up tactics. He's getting to 15 before I get to 5.

Edit: Ha, got it! That one actually is pretty fun once that one condition is complete. It's fun fighting alongside someone.

Just one left. I swear I'm going to get this one done today. Quick question, what doesn't carry over in a new game +? Mastery I'd imagine?

Yep, mastery, and if you want to get the extra 10% (to get 110% total) you....

have to do the challenges again, >_>

Voror

Yeah, that kind of magic was kinda out of place. And you're right, it wasn't in the first game either.
By the way, how far into the game is this fight?

Pretty near the end I think. Like three more bosses to go.

Yep, mastery, and if you want to get the extra 10% (to get 110% total) you....

have to do the challenges again, >_>

What?

WHAT?!

But I just checked and I'm already at 108% with only this last challenge to go! Is it only going to go to 109% with the last being beating the game on PoD for 1%?

Levyne

Banned
Oh. What percent is you challenge part only at? It goes up to 200%. If you are already getting that then maybe you won't have to. You aren't on PoD now, are you?

Voror

Oh. What percent is you challenge part only at? It goes up to 200%. If you are already getting that then maybe you won't have to. You aren't on PoD now, are you?

186% right now with the Paladin challenge left. I did turn up the difficulty to PoD before doing the challenges since I saw no point in doing them all twice.

Levyne

Banned
186% right now with the Paladin challenge left. I did turn up the difficulty to PoD before doing the challenges since I saw no point in doing them all twice.

Oh. Okay. I misspoke. For some reason since you asked about NG+, I assumed you weren't on PoD doing the challenges.

I'm sorry ;_;

Voror

Oh. Okay. I misspoke. For some reason since you asked about NG+, I assumed you weren't on PoD doing the challenges.

I'm sorry ;_;

It's fine. I thought I'd hold off on the PoD playthrough until after I'd done the challenges so that would be the last thing needed for Platinum.

Thank god I won't have to do these all again. But what if Alucard has challenges...

By the way, does anyone have any idea what's up with those weird door like areas in the castle that have eyes all over and hands sticking out?

Voror

Seriously? Ugh.
I don't know how many hours I played, but it's like almost nothing happened story-wise. It feels way shorter than the epic journey that was LoS1.

Well, the last three bosses are all really fun and the last two happen pretty close between each other. But yeah, the story is one of the weakest parts after the first games rather epic quest. Not that it didn't have problems in that area, but the way this game unfolds make it look brilliant.

I did find the castle plot interesting. Much more so then the one in the modern world.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
ok any tips for the final boss?
I keep getting him down to a little bit of health and he goes mad with that black shit.

Voror

ok any tips for the final boss?
I keep getting him down to a little bit of health and he goes mad with that black shit.

Dodge is a great help here as is Mist form. For recovering health, that whirlwind void move where you rush forward and spin your sword can recover a lot of health.

Still trying to do the Paladin, though I'm having better luck. Managed to get it just down to him once more, but he managed to kill me. Now keeping my health up is the major problem when the targeting doesn't decide to bug out on me when I'm trying to aim for the Paladin to break his swords rather than then the heavies.

TGO

Dodge is a great help here as is Mist form. For recovering health, that whirlwind void move where you rush forward and spin your sword can recover a lot of health.

Still trying to do the Paladin, though I'm having better luck. Managed to get it just down to him once more, but he managed to kill me. Now keeping my health up is the major problem when the targeting doesn't decide to bug out on me when I'm trying to aim for the Paladin to break his swords rather than then the heavies.
Thanks gonna try that whirlwind void thing, health is my problem at the mo
I didn't start in a good state lol

TGO

I saw mention of there being a
Victor
one as well. I thought I saw mention of a third with
Sonia Belmont
, though I don't know how accurate that is.
Fry-Shut-Up-and-Take-My-Money-Futurama.gif

Tears of the Saint are great too, though finding a chance to drink it can be a problem.
K, will try that
Thanks

Prince of Darkness mode def is making me have to battle a bit more carefully on my live stream. How hard is the whole game on this mode?

Levyne

Banned
I actually found it easier (due to familiarity) until the
second raisa
fight. That one required me to just spend all of my items.

Prince of Darkness mode def is making me have to battle a bit more carefully on my live stream. How hard is the whole game on this mode?

It's pretty tough especially if you go into boss battles with low health, which can happen. Just be careful and try and remember where most bosses begin so that you can go in with optimal health. Otherwise you'll be starting off a battle trying to get back health through charging the meter and with the Void Sword.

Voror

Damn, almost had him that time. Just can't break that joined swords in time. Well, off to work now. Try again when I get home. Hopefully, it'll work out.

Yuterald

Just did that Agreus part or whatever. It was definitely amateur-city, like, baby's first development-kind-of-area, but it was over quick and the actual boss fight was really cool. Got into a mad flow of using mist form to dodge shit and then using normal dash until mist recharges during the boss fight. Good rhythm, good shit.

butman

I'm stuck at the part when
you must find the second acolyte on the weapon make industry (just after Victor dies). specifically when you enter the room with the 3 mech guards, and below the sewer there's a keyhole, but i don't know where to get the key. I possesed a guard to enter the elevator and nothing.
A little push please?

Levyne

Banned
you must find the second acolyte on the weapon make industry (just after Victor dies). specifically when you enter the room with the 3 mech guards, and below the sewer there's a keyhole, but i don't know where to get the key. I possesed a guard to enter the elevator and nothing.
A little push please?

If you are where I think you are you need to use to
mist form
get past the last guard.

A little push please?

You only need the keys for extra XP, not story advancement. You can grab all of them later by buying keys from the shop. Don't worry about it.

Seriously? Ugh.
I don't know how many hours I played, but it's like almost nothing happened story-wise. It feels way shorter than the epic journey that was LoS1.
Nothing happens for the majority of the game. There's an interesting twist near the end, but it's too little too late. They had an interesting premise (dracula in modern times) and did nothing with it.

Nothing happens for the majority of the game. There's an interesting twist near the end, but it's too little too late. They had an interesting premise (dracula in modern times) and did nothing with it.

Honestly, I think the same can be said for the original LoS or even most Castlevania games for that matter. Not much happens till towards the end of the original LoS. These games have never been big for story telling if you ask me. There is a plot, and they are serviceable, but Castlevania games def don't focus their stories in the same manners as say something like The Last Of Us.

*edit* Playing through a second time is also proving to be even better experience for me. Funny how that happens.

Top Bottom