• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - |OT| - Dead and Loving It!

Q8D3vil

Finished it, Story and narration were definitely weaker than the first one but the combat was little bit better.
Also, the 3D in this game is amazing and made the game looks so much better.

Peff

Looks like my post was a bit hastily. I can't even buy that damn thing because Steam is acting weird again.

God damn.

Probably has to do with a 9GB download for some Biosomething shovelware :p

Looking forward to impressions once it's more stable, though at that price it should be hard not to get enough bang.

It's really inconvenient to enter the DLC. First you have to load the main game, then open up the menu and go to the addicitonal content section to start the Revelations DLC. Then you have to wait again for the "Dracula approaches altair" scene to finish. And you do this very time you start the game. Ugh...

Anyway, the DLC seems harder than the main game. Or just got out of shape. I'm playing on the same difficulty I did during main playthrough.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Not feeling the DLC so far. It has been some time since I played the game so that might factor over it.

Camera feels too close
Alucard movement feels clunky (Camera might be part of the issue)
Some annoying puzzles nearly starting the game.
Combat feels weak compared to Dracula but then again Dracula should be stronger than Alucard.

Shinta

Banned
So, am I missing something super easy? I'm in the toymaker area I think pretty much at the beginning. I got a shield on the ground and put it in one of the spots. Then nothing happens and I don't see a 2nd shield or anything else to interact with at all.

What am I missing?

Ahasverus

Eeh ok, I just played the DLC, it's so good it hurts. Game redeemed. It's almost as if Alvarez wasn't ruining this team's job and they worked with common sense and direction. Art was GOAT, platfforming far better, setpieces somehow more interesting, and Alucard is a badass. Still longer than Ground Zeroes. Good job Mercury B team (You totally should be the A team).

Eeh ok, I just played the DLC, it's so good it hurts. Game redeemed. It's almost as if Alvarez wasn't ruining this team's job and they worked with common sense and direction. Art was GOAT, platfforming far better, setpieces somehow more interesting, and Alucard is a badass. Still longer than Ground Zeroes. Good job Mercury B team (You totally should be the A team).

No modern world? Good bosses and puzzles? Fun abilities? Stealth?

Ahasverus

No modern world? Good bosses and puzzles? Fun abilities? Stealth?
All those yes minus good bosses, they are pretty standard (and stealth, of course there is no stealth, jeez). Still, this is the game we should have had. Now this is worthy.

And the story of this one was SO made with the original ending in mind, it clashes with the one we got.

All those yes minus good bosses, they are pretty standard (and stealth, of course there is no stealth, jeez). Still, this is the game we should have had. Now this is worthy.

And the story of this one was SO made with the original ending in mind, it clashes with the one we got.

Thanks for the answers.

It does sound quite nice actually. Might pick it up this weekend.

Just one more thing. Are there any more shitty challenges that I'll no doubt torture myself with? ;_;

DVCY201

Someone told me that the director for the DLC is different, and not Enric Alvarez. So, that probably has something to do with it.

EDIT: Directed by Jose Luis Marquez, same one as Mirror of Fate. Huh, interesting.

Someone told me that the director for the DLC is different, and not Enric Alvarez. So, that probably has something to do with it.

EDIT: Directed by Jose Luis Marquez, same one as Mirror of Fate. Huh, interesting.

Mirror of Fate felt to me like the most focused game of the series with the least amount of BS. So that's good news to me!

Mind sharing any spoilers? Sold my copy already and doubt I'll ever play the DLC and couldn't find a synopsis online.

Ahasverus

Mind sharing any spoilers? Sold my copy already and doubt I'll ever play the DLC and couldn't find a synopsis online.

Not really anything surprising, but Alucard and Marie were talking all the time about Gabriel's redemption, how they are helping him to make a quest that he must do himself to beat his darkness and return to them. With the producer saying that the ending of the main game means Dracula is now th sole ruler of the world, that doesn't make sense.

Not really anything surprising, but Alucard and Marie were talking all the time about Gabriel's redemption, how they are helping him to make a quest that he must do himself to beat his darkness and return to them. With the producer saying that the ending of the main game means Dracula is now th sole ruler of the world, that doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

Yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense given how the main game finished. Glad I didn't play it then, it probably would've just made me more frustrated with how it finished. Sounds like a good DLC though.

This is what I'm talking about! Just a little bit in and I'm already enjoying it more than LoS2. I knew there was something fun buried under all those turdtastic design decisions. The difference in directors is dramatically apparent. Makes me want to give MoF another college try on PC. Stable framerate and all.

Spoilers aside, I wonder if this could work as a standalone release similar to Blood Dragon or Freedom Cry. Seems like a no brainer.

Top Bottom