• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2016 - Come for the curves, stay for the Quantum Dots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung really doesn't like Sony xD

- So, Chris, how does this design (talking abput the smart hub on their tvs) carry to gaming?.
- It's simple, when you highlight the Playstation Now tile, new and exiting games from Sony will appear instantly as well.
-That's terrific.

LOL.

Dynasty

That galaxy tablet looks familiar, I think they copied Apple's IPad Pro. Samsung always a step behind the inventor that is Apple.

MrJames

Panasonics 4K BD player coming out this year. No price yet...

panny1_2040.0.0.jpg

Very sexy but it looks expensive. I'm expecting $1,000+.

4K Blu-rays are up on Best Buy at $30 each. Hopefully Amazon will have them in the usual $20-25 range like standard BD's.

Yaari

Digital copies? Anyway I'll probably want a few movies but its not going to be anything like what I did with regular Blu-ray. That shit got expensive.

UrokeJoe

Very sexy but it looks expensive. I'm expecting $1,000+.

4K Blu-rays are up on Best Buy at $30 each. Hopefully Amazon will have them in the usual $20-25 range like standard BD's.

I gotta buy again?

Edit
Yaari said:
Digital copies? Anyway I'll probably want a few movies but its not going to be anything like what I did with regular Blu-ray. That shit got expensive.

I own some Blu, but learned my lesson with DVD. Expensive.....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really want a good 10" Windows tablet, I bought the Yoga 2 and it was just too weak for me. I can't find anything on the market that's Windows, 10" and stronger than the Yoga 2 without being 3 - 5x as expensive. Something in the £200 - £250 range would be sweet.

golem

Both Mad Max and The Martian were mastered at 2K unfortunately. Will be interesting to see if UHD Blu Rays actually offer a substantial benefit from their 1080P versions.

Breakbeat

Banned
I get serious chills from devices like that smart fridge (no pun intended)... are a few bells and whistles really enough to convince people to essentially tell Samsung tons of information about their daily life?

(I say this as I type from my S6 :p hypocrite, I know. I just enjoy maintaining privacy in my home)

MrJames

vividcolors_arial.jpg

Hopefully standard blus don't suddenly lose the ability to display the color orange.

LOL, pathetic attempt at trying to show the differences between SDR and HDR.

Sony put out some HDR examples in their OLED master monitor marketing material. The HDR pictures mostly look darker but reading the captions will explain the difference in what you would see on an HDR capable television.

https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/cat/mondisp/articles/HDR_X300_explained.pdf

Allard

LOL, pathetic attempt at trying to show the differences between SDR and HDR.

Sony put out some HDR examples in their OLED master monitor marketing material. The HDR pictures mostly look darker but reading the captions will explain the difference in what you would see on an HDR capable television.

https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/cat/mondisp/articles/HDR_X300_explained.pdf

Well its kinda hard to describe differences in HDR vs SDR without seeing it in person given the fact that the medium that is getting changed is literally your displays expansion of its ability to see things. Its like describing the difference between different colors to a person that is color bind (Shits all grey no matter what you say it can do).

Mike Golf

DA8cgRd.jpg

Seems like my screen is already 4K enabled
SO SHARP

When will companies learn to stop using the same image cut into seperate pieces to show a difference in image quality/res/color saturation etc. Almost every company does this regardless of what they're trying to advertise. If you want to compare and contrast something show the same damn image multiple times under each condition you're looking to show off, you can't properly compare two completely different parts of one image.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Harvey Keitel works for Sony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom