• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers Ed FINALLY being patched!

mhirano

According to Chrono Cross official Twitter account, Square Enix will be releasing a patch fixing the bad performance and other shortcoming of the remaster.
They haven’t give us a date but it will be ‘this month’.

[Edit] OP was buggier than Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers. Thanks, Square Enix

Last edited:

phaedrus

Animated GIF

ZehDon

Gold Member
I wonder what was taking so long. A modder released a fix that significantly improved performance on the PC version within days of release.

This has probably been the worst port of an old game they've released thus far.
That lone modder probably cared more about this release than Square Enix did.

With that said, glad to see its getting patched. I held off because of the really bad technical issues, so, hopefully this finally lets me jump in.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
This was the Unstolen Jewel all along. I only played Radical Dreamers last year after beating Trigger again and waited for Cross.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I wonder what was taking so long. A modder released a fix that significantly improved performance on the PC version within days of release.

This has probably been the worst port of an old game they've released thus far.
Bureaucracy. In a company that big it's not just a matter of "go make the patch and release it quick", it has to follow a process within the company and in the stores it's selling.

93xfan

Banned
That lone modder probably cared more about this release than Square Enix did.

With that said, glad to see its getting patched. I held off because of the really bad technical issues, so, hopefully this finally lets me jump in.
This. Will get when under $10 or will never pay for it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweet. Picked up a physical copy on the Switch - shame it'll forever be pretty broken, but happy at least it's being patched.

Top Bottom