• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 2 |OT| Remember the L-amo? Liberty sure does.

Kevtones

That's probably the right spot given he didn't really have control until he got hit by the Oregon DB. Not sure there's enough to overturn.

And yep.

First penalty on Nebraska a biggie.

Edit: Charles Nelson theater on punt returns is still a thing :(

Extremely impressive how well Nebraska fans travel. Too bad it's to see a Nebraska program a shell of it's 90s self.

That's what stands out to me. The Ducks are an ok team, a work in progress to be generous, but Nebraska is just a ghost of the program I remember as a kid. That Rose Bowl vs Miami was the end.

Omadahl

Banned
Extremely impressive how well Nebraska fans travel. Too bad it's to see a Nebraska program a shell of it's 90s self.

We're also talking about a population that constantly cheers on a Creighton basketball program that loses in the first two tournament games every year. We have no sports team to follow. I'll stick with my Sporting KC.

Kevtones

So happy DMitch got a TD!

42-14 Oregon. D needs to finish strong this half. Starting O averaging 21 points a quarter through 2 games.

That's what stands out to me. The Ducks are an ok team, a work in progress to be generous, but Nebraska is just a ghost of the program I remember as a kid. That Rose Bowl vs Miami was the end.

Weird part is that should've been Oregon vs. Miami.

Jhriad

To be fair, the program was a shell of itself even earlier and the only reason we made it to the Rose bowl that year is the recent memories of far better, more talented and dominant Nebraska teams.

Kevtones

Fellow Duck fans… It feels like our defensive coaches/player are making actual mid game adjustments. I'm impressed :D

Hope they keep it up in the 2nd half.

andycapps

Somebody needs to mercy rule Nebraska. Their fans are a lot better than the team now, unfortunately for them.

I don't know that Oregon is that great. Will have to see some more games, but I'm pretty sure Nebraska isn't that good.

To be fair, the program was a shell of itself even earlier and the only reason we made it to the Rose bowl that year is the recent memories of far better, more talented and dominant Nebraska teams.

Come on, they won a national championship a few years before that going 13-0, and won another BCS Bowl (can't remember which one). They had a bunch of 13 and 11, 10 win seasons clustered before the Rose Bowl year.

I'll admit that 2001 team wasn't as good as the BCS and pollsters thought, but I don't think the program was a shell of itself at that point. Headed in that direction, sure, but not a shell.

Jhriad

Man, Nebraska is just not good. I can't tell if Oregon is actually any good either or if the Neb. defense is just that bad.

Probably a mix of both. Our defense is young all over the place, new scheme, certain positions like the Cat linebacker and nose are currently occupied by players not well well suited to the positions, add in a lack of depth at certain positions which are now even thinner because of injury and it's bound to look pretty bad.

To their credit, Oregon has some pretty good talent at skill positions and their line is doing a fair job giving Herbert the time to find the soft zones underneath.

Kevtones

Somebody needs to mercy rule Nebraska. Their fans are a lot better than the team now, unfortunately for them.

I don't know that Oregon is that great. Will have to see some more games, but I'm pretty sure Nebraska isn't that good.

The O looks pretty damn good. Their weakness heading into this season was an inexperienced WR/TE crew that lost its #1 and #3 WR (Carrington & Jalen Brown) and like 95% of their TE production. Luckily Justin Herbert is pretty damn good and he's getting them to step up.

The D will be a wip but they've made actual adjustments in this game. I haven't seen that from an Oregon defense in a bit. Jury's out though if they can sustain it.

Jhriad

Come on, they won a national championship a few years before that going 13-0, and won another BCS Bowl (can't remember which one). They had a bunch of 13 and 11, 10 win seasons clustered before the Rose Bowl year.

I'll admit that 2001 team wasn't as good as the BCS and pollsters thought, but I don't think the program was a shell of itself at that point. Headed in that direction, sure, but not a shell.

Uh, maybe you should go back and look at the roster on that team. If Eric Crouch isn't such a uniquely talented player they might not have won 9 that year.

FyreWulff

checking back in, yep, made a good call to go do something else

the entire house where everyone was watching the game is empty now lol

Jhriad

Should have known though. It's a nationally televised game so it's diaper time for Nebraska. We can't help but shit the bed with the spotlight focused on us nowadays.

HeySeuss

Uh, maybe you should go back and look at the roster on that team. If Eric Crouch isn't such a uniquely talented player they might not have won 9 that year.

Take away the star quarterback of just about any team and you can say the same thing though.

Rutgers is worse than last year.

Should be a fun bye week with a win for every Big 10 team.

Edit: Let's be blunt, Chris Ash is going to be fired in three years when the B1G money kicks in. The only question is whether or not Chris Ash will win a game in the B1G by then. He is a terrible terrible head coach.

Jhriad

Take away the star quarterback of just about any team and you can say the same thing though.

Great quarterbacks make good teams great. Crouch made an aggressively average team pretty good. After the transition to Solich the talent had a rapid downward slide and if you go back and look over the roster nowadays it's pretty apparent. Crouch masked a lot of problems with that team.

I think they were a pretty good team still, but probably top 10 not top 5, and certainly not 2. I think we can accept they weren't better than Colorado or Texas.

I think they had a few NFL guys (if that's any kind of measure of talent). I watched a lot of their games from that season, but it was hard to tell make much of them because of how utterly shitty the Big XII North was. I remember how shocked I was though on that Friday Thanksgiving week Colorado game.

Top Bottom