• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Thread - "Whoa, Nellie"

Topher

Gold Member
Auburn grad here. All I can say is....

praise him steve harvey GIF

Topher

Gold Member
War Eagle! (didn't graduate from there but I'm a Auburn fan)

Also, they're celebrating down on campus lol

War Eagle brother! Yeah, I saw that on the Toomer's corner camera earlier.

What part of Alabama do you live in? I'm in Atlanta area now, but I grew up in Montgomery.

War Eagle brother! Yeah, I saw that on the Toomer's corner camera earlier.

What part of Alabama do you live in? I'm in Atlanta area now, but I grew up in Montgomery.

About an hour north of Tuscaloosa. I did live in Tuscaloosa for a while, but ended up back here. Just can't seem to escape :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Topher

Gold Member
About an hour north of Tuscaloosa. I did live in Tuscaloosa for a while, but ended up back here. Just can't seem to escape :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Ah...you live behind enemy lines! lol. I have family up in Jasper actually so probably not too far from you. My dad is from Winfield, Alabama.

Topher

Gold Member
I lived in Winfield for a few years too (I was actually born there). Fayette is where I grew up and am still stuck at.

lol....it is a small world my friend. When I visited my grandmother in Winfield, we used to drive up to a place to eat in Fayette. Can't remember what it was called. Many moons ago.

Topher

Gold Member
Looks like Kalen DeBoer, head coach of the Washington Huskies, will replace Nick Saban at Alabama.

Two words......culture shock.

Topher

Gold Member
He has to know what he is getting into.

I'm not sure. He's done ok at Washington with average recruiting classes, but he's going to have to up his game if he is going to compete against the likes of Georgia. I give him a couple of years doing pretty well winning with Nick Saban's recruits IF he can convince them to stay.

Of course, that's my entirely unbiased take as an Auburn grad.

smug the hustler GIF by Maudit

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
At least now when Bama comes to Norman next year, they'll only beat my Sooners by like 17 instead of 28 like they would have with Saban. Ill take it.

Azzurri

DeBoer is a good coach but it just doesn't have that flair.

Who know's he might a great coach, just not as good as Saban.

Topher

Gold Member
DeBoer ain't doing so hot right now. He has had 26 players jump into the transfer portal in the last week. Including a few 5 star recruits such as QB Julain Sayin. According to an the staff at 247 sports, DeBoer pretty much told Sayin to move on. Never heard of a new coach running off a future NFL prospect before.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
DeBoer ain't doing so hot right now. He has had 26 players jump into the transfer portal in the last week. Including a few 5 star recruits such as QB Julain Sayin. According to an the staff at 247 sports, DeBoer pretty much told Sayin to move on. Never heard of a new coach running off a future NFL prospect before.
Watching AL struggle will be nice.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I wish they would have pulled the trigger on Deion just for the pure spectacle and circus that would have come all around it. What a storyline for next season that would have been lol.

Im not sure if an Alabama/Coach Prime combo would end up being unstoppable or a gigantic train wreck :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom