• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah. The tease us and tease us and Ben will stay deeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad.
Deeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaad I say!

Excuse me - I'm going into the next best corner and cry for a little bit.

Snap out of it, man. He's alive dammit. And he's suckerpunching Kaine and rockin' that fuckin' sleeveless hoodie like it's his job.

kswiston

If they can bring back Kaine and give him his own solo, I don't see why they can't bring back Ben Reilly. Explaining away his death would be easy enough.

What StoOgE said. From what I've seen (and again, I don't read but I do catch what other people are saying and see the occasional pages posted elsewhere), Wonder Woman's characterization outside her own book typically revolves around her being ill-tempered and combative, or becoming hopelessly enamored with her boyfriend Superman. No one wants to see that injected into her solo book, I should hope.

I'm not saying to inject that into her solo book. What I'm saying is there should be a consistency to the character across all her appearances. I've never once said that they need to make him change how she is in her solo book, all I've said is I want consistency, so make the other appearances like she is in her solo book, although to be fair she's fairly ill-tempered and combative in her solo book as well at times.

kswiston

Bringing Reilly back now would be easy, since Age of Ultron fucked up the timestream.

They don't even have to go that far.

Flash back to this scene:

1335369-spider_man_075_39_super.jpg

Reveal that it was an illusion by Mysterio or whoever, and that Ben has been put in stasis by some villain for whatever reason.

Dysun

How long until Alpha Flight erm Justice League of Canada becomes jobbers to build up the villains for the real heroes to take them down?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Worked for Osborn, why not for Ben.

I just want Ben back, damn it
LLShC.gif

ben coming back just beat the ever loving shit out of spock would be awesome. but marvel is the ace when it comes to fakeouts....

Ultimate_Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_21_page_23_Fantastic_Four_(Earth-2149).jpg

fucking millar

Nudull

Banned
So, Jeff Lemire's new project has been announced and it's

JUSTICE

LEAGUE

OF

CANADA.

(Okay so actually he's taking over JLA and moving the team north)

Okay, I admit it. I want to read this.

EDIT:
New Lobo design up...for his new 52 book...yeah thats like a slim version of his LEGION days...damn.

http://www.newsarama.com/18756-dc-reveals-new-look-for-lobo-s-first-new-52-appearance-in-what-s-new.html

its enough of a departure that he could..really just be a new character IMHO.

Honestly, I actually like this design. :eek:
All that remains is how he'll be written.

Awww, but Lobo doesn't look like a biker now. I don't know much about Lobo but I know he looked like a biker. Wasn't that the fun thing about him?

I'll give Justice League of Canada a try. This Canadian is pretty hard up for a current Canadian superheros and this book promises a couple. Too bad it takes place in Ontario though, bah.

Loved X-Men #4, but one question. I'm obviously pretty out of the loop or lacking some fundamental knowledge of Rogue but
why couldn't she fly? I thought Rogue could fly and was super strong. So I was all, why doesn't she just fly out of the blackbird and catch the plane and bring it down to safety? And then she was falling to her death.
What am I missing?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

monome

first JL canada
now emo Lobo

on a roll DC, on a roll

and I ain t even mad about Affleck/Batman
dude just needs to the gym, but will he?

akira28

Okay, I admit it. I want to read this.

EDIT:

Honestly, I actually like this design. :eek:
All that remains is how he'll be written.

After all, this is someone who can infiltrate high society, fly a space ship, and adhere to a very specific moral code that’s not your typical anti-hero one.

Ohhh fuck no. so they create a new character and call it Lobo. Well whatever dude who gives a shit. Certainly not them. And not me anymore.

should have just called him Loboi.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Borderlands 2 Lobo looks pretty neat. Harrumph!

I still do question the idea of radically different characters that aren't new, though. Why put all that change into an existing character?

ReiGun

All they did was turn him from a parody of 90's "extreme" characters to a parody of modern "emo" game and anime style characters. So in that sense, it's fitting.

At least, I'm assuming there is some degree of parody to his character.

I don't even like or care about Lobo, so it's whatever to me. lol

Loved X-Men #4, but one question. I'm obviously pretty out of the loop or lacking some fundamental knowledge of Rogue but
why couldn't she fly? I thought Rogue could fly and was super strong. So I was all, why doesn't she just fly out of the blackbird and catch the plane and bring it down to safety? And then she was falling to her death.
What am I missing?
She doesn't have that permanently anymore, she's back to the way she started at. Oh except she can control it now and be ok touching people if she wants.

So Rogue can't fly, doesn't have super strength and can control the touch-of-death thing. Wow. Throw in the the new(ish) costume design and the only thing about her that's familiar to me is her hair.

I'm wondering if I should drop X-men while Battle of the Atom takes place. Will the story make sense or matter to me if I don't read the other BotA tie-ins? Or will the X-Men issues deal primarily with the characters usually featured in the book and be relatively self-contianed? I haven't followed an event before so I don't know how it usually looks. I don't want to read the tie-ins and I'd opt out all together but now I'm concerned that when I come back for issue #7 the characters and their relationships will have shifted and I won't get the context.

I'd consider following the whole thing but I've read a few ANXM books and I really don't like the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom