• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
lmao, who the hell wanted that POS new mutants 98 issue for 15k. first appearance of deadpool? i'd rather burn it.

Seriously...what does somebody do with a 'mint' Rob Liefeld comic that they purchased for 15.5 grand?

Kamaki

Flash 23, a decent book hopefully this arc ends well.

I started reading New 52 Flash and I really enjoy this comic, love the pace! Everything comes and goes nice and fast. Issue 23 was pretty rad, in my opinion worth it just to oogle the art.

If I wanted to start reading something with green lanterns in it which would be the best new 52 book?

If I wanted to start reading something with green lanterns in it which would be the best new 52 book?

Most of the Lantern titles tie together with the exception of Larfleeze. If you were looking to just get one, I'd probably suggest either mainline Green Lantern, followed by Green Lantern Corp. New Guardians and Red Lanterns are great, but they don't focus on the Green Lanterns as much as the others do. You can probably hop onboard with issue/s #21. If you can afford it, I'd suggest getting all four titles, and see which ones you enjoy.

OH GOD

BENJAMIN

GUYS

GUYS HELP

I KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THOR GOD OF THUNDER #12 BUT NOTHING'S HAPPENING

SHOULD I

SHOULD I THROW MORE MONEY AT IT

THIS WEEK

THIS F*CKING WEEK

ElNarez

Banned
Guys here's a picture of the new Lobo as he will actually be drawn by Ben Oliver in the Lobo one-shot and he looks cool and also, it's not the fat mustachioed guy, or at least I don't think it is.

7GxV82o.jpg

THROW A TANTRUM OVER THAT YOU STUPID FUCKING NERDS.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm pretty sure Marguerite Bennett said the Rocafort design wasn't final and wasn't exactly how he'd look in the book

Yeah, and now we know what he looks like in the book, that's the whole point of me posting this. That now we have some concrete idea of what Lobo looks like.

ANYWAYS, because of that Villains Month nonsense I have to make my lists for September way early and gosh dang next week is HUGE, like Forever Evil PLUS Infinity PLUS Battle of the Atom huge.

tim1138

Yeah, and now we know what he looks like in the book, that's the whole point of me posting this. That now we have some concrete idea of what Lobo looks like.

ANYWAYS, because of that Villains Month nonsense I have to make my lists for September way early and gosh dang next week is HUGE, like Forever Evil PLUS Infinity PLUS Battle of the Atom huge.

Yeah I know, I was backing you up.

I have no idea how I'm gonna do Villains Month. Aside from Forever Evil I think I'm going to try and limit it to about 10-12 villain books.

Kikarian

I've just finished Moon Knight. It was okay. I liked how he could hear other avengers in his head. They portrayed Moon Knight as someone who would always need back up from the avengers. The comic was mainly about him becoming/training to be a hero so this is somewhat expected.

I hope in the other comics he's much more independent, which I'm guessing he will be.

ElNarez

Banned
Yeah I know, I was backing you up.

I have no idea how I'm gonna do Villains Month. Aside from Forever Evil I think I'm going to try and limit it to about 10-12 villain books.

I'm trying to follow creators, but holy shit great guys like Pak, Soule or Kindt are on a whole fucking lot of books, and there's all the things that will actually tie into the next story arcs of some books I'm following. Not counting Forever Evil, I'm at 6 books week one and 8 week two.

EDIT: final tally has 7 books on week three and seven on week four, meaning 28 out of 52 books because I AM A GODDAMN SUCKER

ElNarez

Banned
You're gonna buy the Gail Simone Ventriloquist book that's gonna tie to her Batgirl run which has been the pits forever and not the cool Charles Soule Swamp Thing book by the guy who's making groovy plant horror mysteries like they used to make them? Seriously, post-Rotworld Swamp Thing has been The Best and y'all should read it. Harrier you're ON BLAST.

Acid08

Banned
Will probably only get the Poison Ivy issue. There are much more important books coming out next week, no money left for the rest of that stuff.

Will probably only get the Poison Ivy issue. There are much more important books coming out next week, no money left for the rest of that stuff.

No kidding. After just a cursory look at diamond listings for next week I count 7 books I'm likely to get, and none of them villains or events.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Guys, I'm still confused on about Villains Month. When does it start? How will it work? Do they just throw all the issues out in four chunks across the four weeks?

Acid08

Banned
Guys, I'm still confused on about Villains Month. When does it start? How will it work? Do they just throw all the issues out in four chunks across the four weeks?
Starts next week. Extra issues are coming out for a bunch of series and they have 3D covers! So cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReiGun

Starts next week and continues through September. Series are getting a bunch of .1 issues focusing on villains and stuff.

You're gonna buy the Gail Simone Ventriloquist book that's gonna tie to her Batgirl run which has been the pits forever and not the cool Charles Soule Swamp Thing book by the guy who's making groovy plant horror mysteries like they used to make them? Seriously, post-Rotworld Swamp Thing has been The Best and y'all should read it. Harrier you're ON BLAST.

I'm still bitter about Amethyst and Sword of Sorcery. Someone in the mystical world has to take the brunt of my nerd rage and Swamp Thing (and Animal Man) are it. But seriously, I just don't give a shit about Swamp Thing and Animal Man. I don't doubt that they could be great but I just don't have any interest.

tim1138

Even more important than Villains Month-I ran out of Atomic Robo trades to read. Is the current Dr Dinosaur mini as awesome as I expect it to be?

Even more important than Villains Month-I ran out of Atomic Robo trades to read. Is the current Dr Dinosaur mini as awesome as I expect it to be?

I don't know. Even though I am buying it, I'm not reading it because I haven't read all the trades yet and don't want to jump ahead but it's Atomic Robo what does the series of events matter what's wrong with me?

But how 'bout the AR Real Science Adventures books? I've read the free comic book day issues of those and they were really good. I know there's one trade released for it and it's ongoing, as well.

I'm going to do this early, I know we usually do it on Sunday, but I'm excited and I finished my pull for this week already, so I'm gonna do it

Identity List!

Action Comics #23.1 (Cyborg Superman)
Batman #23.1 (The Joker)
Batman And Robin #23.1 (Two-Face)
Batman The Dark Knight #23.1 (The Ventriloquist)
Detective Comics #23.1 (Poison Ivy)
Earth 2 #15.1 (Desaad)
Flash #23.1 (Grodd)
Forever Evil #1
Green Lantern #23.1 (Relic)
Justice League #23.1 (Darkseid)
Justice League Dark #23.1 (The Creeper)
Justice League Of America #7.1 (Deadshot)
Superman #23.1 (Bizarro)

As many as I can. LCS is acting like he aint gonna get many.

My LCS said he won't even have enough for his subscribers. He said its all weird where some titles he's getting a ton of and others just a few.

In other non-news, I've been reading Atomic Robo and Gotham Central and it's working well. When I want that dark and gritty, I go GC. When I need something light, I go AR. This is quite a novel approach for me since I usually take a finish-one-before-starting-another approach to books.

The Bat book villians is where the shortage is at. He said that if 100 people are pulling Batman, only 40 of those people are gonna get 3d Joker. I said I just really want the Deathstroke 3D and he said he for sure will be able to make that happen.

He said be there at opening to have the best shot. Ill be there earlier than that.

Kikarian

The Bat book villians is where the shortage is at. He said that if 100 people are pulling Batman, only 40 of those people are gonna get 3d Joker. I said I just really want the Deathstroke 3D and he said he for sure will be able to make that happen.

He said be there at opening to have the best shot. Ill be there earlier than that.
I hope my local comic store has 3D covers. I just know I'm going to be behind the guy in the que who has the last one's.

I think i'm just getting Cyborg Superman and Deadshot. I'll maybe grab whatever else i think looks cool.

Guys here's a picture of the new Lobo as he will actually be drawn by Ben Oliver in the Lobo one-shot and he looks cool and also, it's not the fat mustachioed guy, or at least I don't think it is.

no sale then

also if they knew that Rocafort's image wasn't the real new Lobo, why'd they put it out like it was? they were asking for the haters with that one, and now I can't imagine the book doing that well

I hope everyone buys the 3D hologram Cyborg Superman issue so that everyone can remember that no matter what happens in the world we will never escape the 90s

Owzers

If you want to handle the text, I could do all the images and formatting for you. We could make use of Spike's banners to keep things consistent, so it would just be a matter of choosing books from each publisher for the month. Alternatively (if you are not really interested in that much work), a few of us could split up the previews write ups, and I could put everything together for Sunday/Monday. I'm not sure if I will have time to do the entire OP solo this weekend between work and other obligations, or I would have offered earlier.

Maybe this will be our last resort. Quickly, someone decide they want to do the September OT!

I finally read a comic out of my stack, Avengers 13 and 14, in an effort to be ready to read Infinity #1 when it arrives. Hickman's stuff goes over my head a bit, builders, signals, gardens, old systems, new systems, people who are the universe themself....i like it, it's all very grand and entertaining, and it's not loopy like some Morrison stuff, but it still seems like a story is being told at me at times.

The toughest thing about getting into comics for me so far has been that I want to read everything every week by the big two (except Morbius and Katana). I can barely afford it but I feel like I am missing out if I don't read everything, especially with all the frequent cross overs and interactions. I just feel bad when I pick up yet another Superior Spiderman spin off instead of issue 1 of some new indie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom