• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preview for The Saviors #1

New Image series. Solicit reads:

"Eisner Award winner JAMES ROBINSON (Starman, Earth 2) and artist extraordinaire J. BONE (The Rocketeer: Hollywood Horror, The Spirit) present an all-new saga of monstrous alien horror.

When Tomas Ramirez stumbles upon an extraterrestrial conspiracy to take over the world, his life is changed forever. He must now seek out those few souls who share this terrible knowledge. But even united, how can they hope to defeat a shadowy alien cabal that is both indestructible and eager to kill anyone who threatens it?"

The description didn't do much for me but I really liked the preview. The art is right up my alley.

This'll be my only book this week. And since I'm not partaking in Christmas festivities and such, it will be a comics catch-up week. Thank goodness,'cause I picked up used 52 volumes 1, 2 and 3 and I'm chomping at the bit to get at them.

Splatt

so the consensus on Battle of the Atom was that it was shit right?

i saw a video on youtube with comicbookgirl19 and 2 other people acting like it was the greatest event ever.

It's alright but reading it in monthlies was a chore. Felt like it was about 3-4 issues longer than it should be.

MartyStu

i saw a video on youtube with comicbookgirl19 and 2 other people acting like it was the greatest event ever.

Some of the epilogues were good and...thats it.

This is a crossover that really did not need to exist. Not to mention it resulted in multiple character assassinations :(

Captain N

Now that Paul Rudd was announced to play Ant Man I am pretty excited for the book. Any good Ant Man books worth reading or any current on going books right now or coming up?

Splatt

Bendis did more in BotA than that boring dude that wrote Infinity did.

Infinity was worth reading for Thor moments alone

a484.png

Now that Paul Rudd was announced to play Ant Man I am pretty excited for the book. Any good Ant Man books worth reading or any current on going books right now or coming up?
I haven't read many good solo Antman, but I really enjoyed Dan Slott's Mighty Avengers where he lead the team.

Messi

So I got this cover from my store:

Harley-Quinn-1-variant-195x300.jpg

I was looking to see who drew it as I think it is fantastic. I ended up on Ebay and I see its going for $60 what the hell... its rare or something? I would never sell it as I love it but what gives? I thought there was little to know value in reselling comics.

I liked it, just not the end

So I got this cover from my store:

Harley-Quinn-1-variant-195x300.jpg

I was looking to see who drew it as I think it is fantastic. I ended up on Ebay and I see its going for $60 what the hell... its rare or something? I would never sell it as I love it but what gives? I thought there was little to know value in reselling comics.

omg so lucky!

yea, mine didn't even have it (probably sold it) but it probably would have been 50 or whatever. A lot of those they have to order a certain amount to be sent 1 of them.

I haven't read anything for like 2-3 weeks, not even Harley. too much work and FFXIV lol

It's an incentive cover. My LCS always has them displayed near the register at some jacked up price. Basically, for every so many copies of Book A that a shop orders, then they'll be allowed to order 1 copy of the incentive cover.

Messi

I liked it, just not the end

omg so lucky!

yea, mine didn't even have it (probably sold it) but it probably would have been 50 or whatever. A lot of those they have to order a certain amount to be sent 1 of them.

I haven't read anything for like 2-3 weeks, not even Harley. too much work and FFXIV lol

It's an incentive cover. My LCS always has them displayed near the register at some jacked up price. Basically, for every so many copies of Book A that a shop orders, then they'll be allowed to order 1 copy of the incentive cover.

It's 1 out of 25 I believe.

It cost me the same as the other comics. I just wanted anything that wasn't the regular cover as I really hated it. This was on the front of the stack. Seems I got lucky. 1 in 25 awesome.

Tizoc

Good reads this week.

Saga #17 had some hilarious lines, although I kinda get what Prince Robot's psyche is about when he's a near death experience.

Black Sciene #2 was good too, and the jokes are rather funny now that I think about it.

Damn, A Voice in the Dark #2 was great. So tense- I just had this knot in my stomach the whole time. Love this comic. Didn't see the twist coming at all.

zeeaykay

What are people's thoughts on Wonderine Origin? I'm not much of a continuity person as long as it's a good story, it seems most people were upset about the idea and not necessarily the quality of the book. I'm thinking of catching up for Origin II.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just read "Heck" by Zander Cannon..... All I can say is Wow. I was near tears at the end and I wish this guy was given a book in the Mike Mignola Hellboy universe because I would love to see what he could do with those characters.

Preview for The Saviors #1

New Image series. Solicit reads:

"Eisner Award winner JAMES ROBINSON (Starman, Earth 2) and artist extraordinaire J. BONE (The Rocketeer: Hollywood Horror, The Spirit) present an all-new saga of monstrous alien horror.

When Tomas Ramirez stumbles upon an extraterrestrial conspiracy to take over the world, his life is changed forever. He must now seek out those few souls who share this terrible knowledge. But even united, how can they hope to defeat a shadowy alien cabal that is both indestructible and eager to kill anyone who threatens it?"

The description didn't do much for me but I really liked the preview. The art is right up my alley.

This'll be my only book this week. And since I'm not partaking in Christmas festivities and such, it will be a comics catch-up week. Thank goodness,'cause I picked up used 52 volumes 1, 2 and 3 and I'm chomping at the bit to get at them.
I really wish ghis book had color. Jordie Bellaire could color it if you don't have enough money J. Bunny.

Bii

My 12/24/13 list:
Forever Evil #4
Robotech Voltron #1
Avengers #24

Anyone going to Image Expo 2014 in San Francisco two weeks from now? I want to get that con-exclusive Black Science #1 variant cover by Sanford Greene, anyone willing to pick it up for me and I can cover the cost + shipping + compensation? If it didn't land on a Thursday, I would probably attend myself.

Is X-Men Legacy from the mid 2000's worth reading? Looking to catch up on some X books. I've picked up and enjoyed Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run and Morrison's New X-Men and currently reading Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. Outside of the big events and crossover stuff, any solid runs in the past 10 years or so worth picking up (preferably in tpb)?

Is X-Men Legacy from the mid 2000's worth reading? Looking to catch up on some X books. I've picked up and enjoyed Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run and Morrison's New X-Men and currently reading Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. Outside of the big events and crossover stuff, any solid runs in the past 10 years or so worth picking up (preferably in tpb)?

Zeb Wells' New Mutants is a hidden gem, as is Abnett/Lanning's takeover of the series.

That first Carey X-Men story "Supernovas" is really good and standalone. Legacy is good, but its pretty continuity-heavy and a bit inconsistent, so IDK about that one.

Remender's Uncanny X-Force is a popular recommendation, its collected in a few TPBs. Check out the first story see if you dig it.

Messi

How much is that #1 going for these days? I've got me a full run of first-printings. Haven't checked what #1 is at in a while.

CGC one 9.8 for 159.99
Regular one for 70ish

CGC graded copies seem to be around $150. Non-CGC sets of 1-8 / 1-12 are going for like $120-$170 on ebay.

I only need the first two volumes, I have 1st prints of the 3rd volume. God the cover for #8 was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom