• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Yep, best comics I read this year. Not even a contest. I encourage you to re-read 1-6. The pieces that your mind has been blown into will blow into yet smaller pieces.

I'm gonna get myself banned with how I harass all of you to buy this when it's collected.

When's the trade due? I've been waiting for that since you all started talking about it.

Acid08

Banned
Yep, best comics I read this year. Not even a contest. I encourage you to re-read 1-6. The pieces that your mind has been blown into will blow into yet smaller pieces.

I'm gonna get myself banned with how I harass all of you to buy this when it's collected.
We have at least a few people on board. Not nearly enough though.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm really happy with my Xmas haul.

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine
Ghosted Vol 1
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Vol 5
Witch Doctor Vol 1

Merry Christmas Comic-GAF. I had a pretty good comics day.
eer4Luj.jpg

Messi

Put my haul up in that thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94809760&postcount=793)

Here's the comic related highlights.

I'm definitely going to have to pick up the Steranko SHIELD ones when they come out.

Very jealous of the Harley bombshell. Mine is still on backorder from tfaw. Ugh.

Which sucks by the way as it is now sitting in my local store and I can't cancel the order for the online one and they can't give me a date that they will receive the second half of their shipment. I really want this one more than I wanted wonder woman.

MG310

She seemed to go immediately from preorder to sold out on a lot of sites. Oddly it seems all the Supergirls dried up in the past few days too.

Definitely pushed me to put a preorder down on Black Canary with Big Bad Toy Store - they still have Harley up for order too.

Messi

She seemed to go immediately from preorder to sold out on a lot of sites. Oddly it seems all the Supergirls dried up in the past few days too.

Definitely pushed me to put a preorder down on Black Canary with Big Bad Toy Store - they still have Harley up for order too.

Yeah Harleys crazy popular.

Think I'll preorder Canary also actually.

Owzers

I should have given my family Bible Comics.

bible-comics-2-adam-and-eve.jpg

Or Perry Bible Fellowship. Merry Christmas Comics Gaf, have fun reading your haul while i wait for my dcbs shipment grumble grumble christmas cheer.

arkon

I should have given my family Bible Comics.

http://biltrix.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/bible-comics-2-adam-and-eve.jpg?w=474[IMG]

Or Perry Bible Fellowship. Merry Christmas Comics Gaf, have fun reading your haul [B]while i wait for my dcbs shipment grumble grumble[/B] christmas cheer.[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for wishing Bendis and Land on us the other day!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Do any of the Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns contain Flash:Rebirth? If separate, should I read Flash:Rebirth before getting the first omnibus?

Do any of the Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns contain Flash:Rebirth? If separate, should I read Flash:Rebirth before getting the first omnibus?

Johns wrote flash twice. I think the omnibuses are from the first time, while rebirth was from the second. The stories in the omnibuse are totally unrelated to rebirth.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
When's the trade due? I've been waiting for that since you all started talking about it.

I'm in the same boat. Miniseries are just so convenient to buy in trade...
I keep searching for it on Amazon and whatnot hoping to see a pre-order/release date, but nothing's come up yet.

Put my haul up in that thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94809760&postcount=793)

Here's the comic related highlights.

Oh man, that Born Again Artist's Edition looks so nice. My heart tells me I want it, but my head tells me that's a lot of money to pay for 7 issues (that I enjoy, but it's not like it's my favorite story of all time or something). That thing is MASSIVE though. Congrats on the pickup. Color me jealous.

Shit just got super real is what.

Basically
someone from the future tried to destroy the Earth with a planet sized bullet, instead of letting the Avengers destroy it Tony's granddaughter went back in time, with Franklin's blessing (god I love Future Franklin) and turned it into a weapon for the Illuminati to use in their fight against the incursions. Also the Illuminati are about to get found out and it sounds like everyone's gonna be pissed at them.

So, shit just got super real and it's only going to get REALER.

No but WHAT HAPPENED?

How the fuck did they merge the planets, what ACTUALLY HAPPENED to it? Converted to energy? WHAT THE FUCK ACTUALLY HAPPENED???

That said, best issue of a Hickman comic ever.

Also, Happy Holidays, C-G!!!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No but WHAT HAPPENED?

How the fuck did they merge the planets, what ACTUALLY HAPPENED to it? Converted to energy? WHAT THE FUCK ACTUALLY HAPPENED???

That said, best issue of a Hickman comic ever.

Also, Happy Holidays, C-G!!!

Oh,
I think they just phased it. As far as I can tell they just replicated what Kitty can do and nailed that sucker into place

frye

Oh man, that Born Again Artist's Edition looks so nice. My heart tells me I want it, but my head tells me that's a lot of money to pay for 7 issues (that I enjoy, but it's not like it's my favorite story of all time or something). That thing is MASSIVE though. Congrats on the pickup. Color me jealous.

It's awesome (it is actually one of my favourite comics)

mmmmmmmmm I've been sleeping on Zero, but it's quite good. Still not totally sold on Kot even though I've liked most of his stuff, but the best thing about his comics is that he isn't afraid to wear his influences on his sleeve -- straight up calling his Suicide Squad arc Discipline and Punish, quoting Blood Meridian, naming a character Zizek, so much of Change is stuff a young, hungry dude with talent would do.

Owzers

That's what you get for wishing Bendis and Land on us the other day!

i hope everyone got Age of Ultron's Deluxe hardcover so that the book can be experienced in an oversized super fashion.

Also, can anyone sell me on New Warriors #1 before dcbs' order close off in an hour or so?

ReiGun

Merry belated Christmas, Comic-Gaf. I loves you all so much. <3

Didn't get any comics, but I did get a $25 Amazon gift card. So I figure, why not buy comic's with. Recommend me some trades, people! Can be anything; I'll look at whatever you guys recommend and get whatever looks cool to me.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
My girl fucking rocks. She got me the Meta Barons Omnibus
TYRsskK.jpg

It's a big sci-fi/cyberpunk epic and it's awesome.

Owzers

Is Catwoman's tail sentient?

Finished Multiple Warheads Alphabet to Infinity....it's a book alright. I do like the art and the writing style, it's very whimsical. I couldn't follow the story. I bought King City during a comixology sale awhile ago, i'll make sure to give it a read though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is Catwoman's tail sentient?

Finished Multiple Warheads Alphabet to Infinity....it's a book alright. I do like the art and the writing style, it's very whimsical. I couldn't follow the story. I bought King City during a comixology sale awhile ago, i'll make sure to give it a read though.

King City is definitely his best work. It's astounding and despite being light on plot, it's got emotional depth and some fucking dominant artwork.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ahhhhh.. Just what I needed. I appreciate that every time I become tempted to pick up a DC title, something like this happens. Thanks for helping me keep my mind right, Comics GAF.

This just seems like standard sexy-catwoman fare with Frank Miller's hooker origin-Selina twist. I don't understand how this could be so egregious that you'd change your mind on picking up what looks to be a fucking rad Batman book.

This just seems like standard sexy-catwoman fare with Frank Miller's hooker origin-Selina twist. I don't understand how this could be so egregious that you'd change your mind on picking up what looks to be a fucking rad Batman book.

This is not malicious at all. She is a self admitted indie snob.

KidDork

After all his years of drawing superheroes, surely Mr. Miller must know that mesh really provides next to no protection in a fight. And high heeled boots? Has he learned nothing?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Surely there's a better way to celebrate Batman's first appearance in the original Detective Comics #27 than with hooker Catwoman. Go home, Frank Miller, you're old and busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom