• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

mreddie

Pretty much 90% of Marvel events have been turd.
They really should just stop.

Secret Wars and Original Sin were the only good ones as of late.

Even the event that basically forced the push of Not Sam Jackson Fury was better than CW2.

Like the hip hop vaiants, this writer from a book is working on X, anything getting them on the front page...wait a minute...

MVDHfaO.gif

You know it's coming...they're gonna restabilize that book.

KQkiK.jpg

Pretty much 90% of Marvel events have been turd.
They really should just stop.

I actually like what Secret Wars did and set up, just think they didn't follow it up well enough and just used it as an excuse for a relaunch when it could have been so much more.

dan2026

Secret Wars and Original Sin were the only good ones as of late.

Even the event that basically forced the push of Not Sam Jackson Fury was better than CW2.
Oh lord I had forgotten about secret son fake Fury.
Is that idiot still around?

And I actually enjoyed Secret Wars 2 or whatever it was called.
That one actually felt well written and characters were in character.

Not some bastardised version of themselves written to fit the event.

Oh lord I had forgotten about secret son fake Fury.
Is that idiot still around?

And I actually enjoyed Secret Wars 2 or whatever it was called.
That one actually felt well written and characters were in character.

Not some bastardised version of themselves written to fit the event.
Getting his own solo book.

dan2026

Got a solo coming next month. At least they waited 3 years?
Fucking ugh.
No thank you.

Original Fury is at least somewhat of an interesting character.
Grizzled, morally grey old soldier, who has lived far too long and knows it.

Fake Jackson rip off is a boring nothing nobody wanted.

Marvel changing their comics to roughly match the movies never made any sense to me.
I don't think it has ever had any impact on sales whatsoever.
And just makes Marvel look fucking weak.

El Topo

Amazon owns CMX so I'm hoping we can connect our accounts in someway. At least the library will be huge!

Can't you already connect the accounts? Pretty sure anything I buy digitally on Amazon also shows up on CMX (and possibly vice versa). Unless you mean explicitly regarding the subscriptions, in which case...I have no idea.

Sandfox

Bleeding Cool, grain of salt, all that jazz, but this should interest some folks here if true

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...ion-with-amazon-prime-and-everything-changes/
I wish they weren't locking it behind two pays wall because then I would actually buy it depending on the books offered.
Got a solo coming next month. At least they waited 3 years?
Robinson actually said in an interview that the only reason the books exists is because he asked Marvel since he noticed that nobody was using the character..
It's gonna sound sentimental, and probably kinda dumb as a result, but Marvel has chosen to define its line with events, and a lot of those events are about heroes not being heroes, and also being kind of shit?

Standoff: the Avengers discover that S.H.I.E.L.D. was running a fucking reality-warped mind torture camp under their noses, and Cap gets the shit beaten out of him until a Cosmic Cube saves his life, and turns out it's all been part of Red Skull's plan somehow
Civil War II: half of the heroes in the Marvel Universe, including Carol Danvers, becomes pre-crime fascists, and the other becomes mega-dipshits. All sides are wrong, everyone fights for little to no reason, Rhodey dies, which is NOT A GOOD LOOK, It sucks and it's terrible.
Death of X: the Inhumans are indifferent to a genocide they created; the X-Men are out of their goddamn gourds and bloodthirsty, it's fun! no one is likeable! also they make Aaron Kuder look like dogshit!
IvX: hey guess what it's more of that
Secret Empire: HEY GUESS WHAT ALL YOUR FAVORITES ARE NAZI AND THEY'RE WORKING TO TURN THE US INTO A WHITE NATIONALIST ETHNOSTATE

Maybe people don't like Marvel because they make comics where everyone is shitty and/or miserable and/or fucking fascists, while DC is providing comics that do exactly what they say on the tin.
I don't think that's what Secret Empire is about.
Instead of just giving every character under the sun a solo that ends up getting cancelled in 6-12 issues, put them on a team or give them a mini.

They could do that. You don't see DC doing a Spoiler solo, two Wally West solos, and a Deadshot solo because "well I'm sure someone wanted it!"
And that's a mistake on their part assuming Spoiler is Batgirl in that scenario lol.
Marvel pls. What is it with their love of relaunches?

I'm pretty sure he's speculating based on current sales. It will probably be a part of Make Mine Marvel though
Avengers at just around 20K. The most popular superhero team in the mainstream can't manage to get anywhere near at least 50K.

Edit: It's around 37K. I'm looking at the wrong issue. Still my point stands.

Even the Hickman Avengers weren't selling 50k so even if the book weren't underperforming it probably wouldn't be selling that well.

Can't you already connect the accounts? Pretty sure anything I buy digitally on Amazon also shows up on CMX (and possibly vice versa).
Yeah, but I meant more "Use this service and it will check your CMX wish list" etc. Take full advantage of the connection.

mreddie

Robinson actually said in an interview that the only reason the books exists is because he asked Marvel since he noticed that nobody was using the character..

He did the same thing with Scarlet Witch. He has to constantly remind them they have characters to bank on instead of giving some jabronis a book like Black Knight or Starhawk...Nightbrand...who were those people again?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He did the same thing with Scarlet Witch. He has to constantly remind them they have characters to bank on instead of giving some jabronis a book like Black Knight or Starhawk...Nightbrand...who were those people again?
Re: Black Knight: It seemed like the original idea was that there was a lot of request after a Sword & Scorcery book - something that I would bank in with a Asgardian - and tried to do something with Black Knight. Just that it didnt worked.

dan2026

They should put Harley in the Justice League for an arc. Let her be a hero.
To be honest the Harley character is in such a bizarre place right now, DC seemingly haven't got a clue what to do with her. They don't seem to know if she should be a murderous psycho or a goofy fun kinda anti hero.

Someone needs to come in and get the character back on the rails. She been a mess for too long.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Depends, remember Heroic Age-Fear itself was the pits.

Wasnt there really active reading books when that happend... But at least Spider-Man was fun back then. Seriously. I just want to be hooked on a Peter Parker 616 book again. I have given no shit for Amazing Spider-Man for such a long time now it really hurts. I really hope Spectacular is something for me again.

Right next to a Fantastic Four book my most desperate wish right now comicwise...

Ross61

To be honest the Harley character is in such a bizarre place right now, DC seemingly haven't got a clue what to do with her. They don't seem to know if she should be a murderous psycho or a goofy fun kinda anti hero.

Someone needs to come in and get the character back on the rails. She been a mess for too long.

I think it's been more of the latter than the former recent years. If the former has even been shown at all...

Vibranium

Banned
I can't wait for a DC subscription service. I need to catch up on a lot of the classic stuff. I just hope Canada isn't forgotten.

I'll be sure to read a lot of Harley, Messi. And Nocenti's Catwoman!

Messi

Why though? Her books continue to sell on the current form. They clearly want her as am anti hero who can do bad shit sometimes with the best intentions.

My favourite stories of her recently involve her trying to be a superhero but just not understanding what it entails ect.

Also her superhero costume is adorable

Such an underrated series imo

The first few years that Tom Taylor wrote is the reason I want Taylor on the Justice League. He did such a good job of characterizing so many different characters in a more restricted format, I'd love to see him on a full super team.

Top Bottom