• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Messi

I think it's been more of the latter than the former recent years. If the former has even been shown at all...

Oh it was shown alright. Shown so blatantly that Jimmy Palmiotti had to say bluntly that it isn't canon and they would never reference it. What a complete fuck up that was pre current book.

tu9Trt7.jpg
detectivecomicsharleyhsqe6.jpg

What were they even thinking.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The first few years that Tom Taylor wrote is the reason I want Taylor on the Justice League. He did such a good job of characterizing so many different characters in a more restricted format, I'd love to see him on a full super team.

Him or Snyder would be great. JL is terrible now, been dropped for a while by me.

The thing about Harley in n52 that confuses me is: She is in a prison(Suicide Squad) and living at NY (her own series) at the same time??

Granted I never read n52 SS lol

Is it bad to say that Hercules being on the team is one of the main reason's I never picked up the book?
He's the reason I've bothered to stick with it. Well, that and this whole Avenger X storyline, because otherwise this book is boring as shit.
Why though? Her books continue to sell on the current form. They clearly want her as am anti hero who can do bad shit sometimes with the best intentions.

My favourite stories of her recently involve her trying to be a superhero but just not understanding what it entails ect.

Also her superhero costume is adorable

That's part of why I don't want her in the Justice League. JLA would be best if we're going the truly heroic route. Or the Birds of Prey. But I don't want her on Justice League. They're basically gods. One of the reasons why I think she's fine in Suicide Squad is because she's just too fucked up to really be truly heroic. Or maybe stick her with the Outlaws.

dan2026

Yeah it wasn't that long ago that Harley murdered all those kids.
This is sort of what I mean.
It's hard to position her as any sort of heroic character when every now and again she does something like that.

Even in her own book she tortures and kills people.

Ross61

Yeah it wasn't that long ago that Harley murdered all those kids.
This is sort of what I mean.
It's hard to position her as any sort of heroic character when every now and again she does something like that.

Even in her own book she tortures and kills people.
Isn't that why the term anti-hero is used?

dan2026

Isn't that why the term anti-hero is used?

'A protagonist that lacks conventional heroic qualities'
I guess that's true. But then it feels like a blurry line between anti hero and villain.

I mean to me Harley Quinn is a villain.
But then if she is the central character of her own book, is she automatically an anti hero?

Hmm food for thought.

Oh it was shown alright. Shown so blatantly that Jimmy Palmiotti had to say bluntly that it isn't canon and they would never reference it. What a complete fuck up that was pre current book.

What were they even thinking.

This was funny as fuck. lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
They're a bit of a pain in the ass. Their projectile attack seems to home in on where you're going to be instead of where you are when the attack is launched. It might have a bit of a homing element to it. Very bullshit.

Only tangled with one once so far and it didn't need its range attack cuz it pinned me up against a wall. I just wanted to see what my silent strike would do to it....not much.

I'm calling in sick tonight to play it some more. So obviously I retract my original comment about the game.

America #1
No. I didn't like this at all. I feel like I'm supposed to like it, but I don't like it. I don't really like anything about it: premise, art, certain plot points. I also don't like America's voice in this.

Hard pass.

Bullseye #2
Stopped reading part of the way through the issue. I don't care. Dropped.

Hawkeye #4
Villain was a little weird for my tastes. Didn't enjoy that part, as it didn't feel like it fit the tone and genre of the book. That said the rest of the book is on point and that ending was pretty good.

Moon Knight #12
Oh Egyptian space magic dimensions. You so silly. Also, flashbacks! Action! Plot twist!

Good issue.

The Avengers #5
Time traveling, cross generational superheroics are cool. Issue was okay. Del Mundo doing god's work. Also
Future Vision is totally evil.

Champions #6
As cool as another team-building exercise is, I'm glad to see an actual arc beginning to form. This is supposed to be a world-saving super team. Time to deal with those kinds of threats. Probably my least favorite issue so far, but I'm still enjoyjng it a lot.

'A protagonist that lacks conventional heroic qualities'
I guess that's true. But then it feels like a blurry line between anti hero and villain.

I mean to me Harley Quinn is a villain.
But then if she is the central character of her own book, is she automatically an anti hero?

Hmm food for thought.
Steve Roger is currently a villain and a protagonist. She's sort of just a chaotic character. She's not an anti-hero, because she's not really heroic, she just does things that might be heroic, but fuck it if she knows. She's not a full-blown villain either, but she still does villainous things. She's in this weird limbo that kind of makes her just a chaotic, rogueish entity. Which is fine, but it makes it hard to figure out where she lies and what to do with her.

At best, I would classify her as an anti-villain.

Steve Roger is currently a villain and a protagonist. She's sort of just a chaotic character. She's not an anti-hero, because she's not really heroic, she just does things that might be heroic, but fuck it if she knows. She's not a full-blown villain either, but she still does villainous things. She's in this weird limbo that kind of makes her just a chaotic, rogueish entity. Which is fine, but it makes it hard to figure out where she lies and what to do with her.

At best, I would classify her as an anti-villain.

Sounds like a classic Chaotic Neutral to me anyway.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ok; nevermind, forget my issue with the licencing. If its in my imagination, its real - Its amazing on how many ways Gran has concepted this story. Really, really good.

Is it just me or did America in her book sound like Joe Casey's version of the character from Vengeance?
OML gets around. Based on an interview from last week I'm guessing Psylocke is one of the members.

Archangel is back? This is Uncanny X-Force isn't it?

Only tangled with one once so far and it didn't need its range attack cuz it pinned me up against a wall. I just wanted to see what my silent strike would do to it....not much.

I'm calling in sick tonight to play it some more. So obviously I retract my original comment about the game.

If you have those tearblast arrows, I'm pretty sure under their leg armor is super weak. Think they take alot of burn damage if you set them alight too. Defeated my first
stormbird
earlier. Took a good 10 minutes and burned through half my ammo but it was worth it. Great game!

The Logan hype put me in the mood to finally pick up Deadpool, watching right now. Pretty damn good! It does a good job shifting the mood back and forth, and it is genuinely funny at points.

I didn't think it was possible but Alan Grant's Superman vs Terminator: Death to the Future was even worse than Michelinie's Superman vs Predator.

YsFaEJz.png

Vyer

wasn't there supposed to be a big Marvel omnibus sale or clearance or something happening, or has that come and gone?

Try using the DLC armor if you have it. Apparently, it eats a lot more damage than intended. It's a glitch that's going to get patched at some point, but it's a nice exploit for now.

I got the Horizon artbook in the mail today. It's really gorgeous. Exactly what I was hoping it would be. It has a lot of great Aloy pieces in there, too.

OML gets around. Based on an interview from last week I'm guessing Psylocke is one of the members.

Well. Marvel loves Wolverine and OML is the Logan who's not-dead.

I'm guessing the team is:
OML
AA
Gambit
Fantomex
Psylocke
Cable
Another female member

Similar, but different.

Domino? You gotta have Domino if you're doing X-Force.

Sandfox

Try using the DLC armor if you have it. Apparently, it eats a lot more damage than intended. It's a glitch that's going to get patched at some point, but it's a nice exploit for now.

I got the Horizon artbook in the mail today. It's really gorgeous. Exactly what I was hoping it would be. It has a lot of great Aloy pieces in there, too.

Well. Marvel loves Wolverine and OML is the Logan who's not-dead.

Domino? You gotta have Domino if you're doing X-Force.
Domino is in Weapon X along with Warpath.

I wouldn't be surprised if regular Logan comes back for OML's team spot after the first arc or so.

I thought Nioh was going to be my GOTY but then Horizon came along and made it look like trash.

It's going to be hard to top for sure, really blown away by it. I haven't put so much time into a game in forever.

Lemire totally gone from Marvel, according to BC. I still haven't got to reading Moon Knight, but the first volumes of X-men & OML did nothing for me. That might have been partly to do with the collection size doing them no favours to an extent, but still. I guess Thanos will wash away in the reboot.

Top Bottom