• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I feel the exact opposite. The only fun and enjoyment I'm getting out of the book is coming from the Kate issues. I've lost all interest in Clint and have actually forgotten what his story even is bar the end of the last Clint issue.

I'm going to agree...with everyone kinda sorta! They didn't finish anything with Hawkeye before moving on to Kate and now they feel like both parts are lesser for it. The Hawkeye brother knee deep in bro stuff had horrific pacing while at the same time they are diverting issues to Kate.

I think Kot out hawkeyed Fraction with Secret Avengers, took the down on his luck whackiness angle further while Fraction is peter parkering him with the " everything is going so bad, oh darn" stuff. Bring Kate to Secret Avengers and i might not even miss Hawkeye.

Isak_Borg

Guided view is amazing, so I don't mind the small screen. I do want to get a tablet sometime this year mainly for comics but at the moment I've just got my phone.

My books that aren't on comixology are a pain in the ass to read though. Not crazy about the Dark Horse reader or the CBR reader I'm using for that Image bundle.

My main problem with CBR reader is that you need to read it on a ten inch tablet or you're just not going to get a great reading experience. I think DRM free comics are a great thing but the ease of use of guided view is amazing and really made me a convert to digital.

Just not sure what to do with all of my long boxes now.

Guided view is amazing, so I don't mind the small screen. I do want to get a tablet sometime this year mainly for comics but at the moment I've just got my phone.

My books that aren't on comixology are a pain in the ass to read though. Not crazy about the Dark Horse reader or the CBR reader I'm using for that Image bundle.

Yeah, I use Perfect Viewer for CBRs and basically turn my tablet sideways and scroll down the page. It's not perfect (harr harr) but it works.

Even 10 inch tablets aren't large enough to read a comic natively, are they?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Southern Bastards is going to be special. The first issue did a good job building up the setting.

Still haven't read it. Still dying to read it. Still waiting 'til the weekend to read it. Fuck.

Messi

I'm going to agree...with everyone kinda sorta! They didn't finish anything with Hawkeye before moving on to Kate and now they feel like both parts are lesser for it. The Hawkeye brother knee deep in bro stuff had horrific pacing while at the same time they are diverting issues to Kate.

I think Kot out hawkeyed Fraction with Secret Avengers, took the down on his luck whackiness angle further while Fraction is peter parkering him with the " everything is going so bad, oh darn" stuff. Bring Kate to Secret Avengers and i might not even miss Hawkeye.

I would love to see Kate in Secret Avengers. Hell I'd give her her own book for wacky adventures.

Your comps? What's that?
Also, yesssssssss. My girlfriend is going to scream. >.>
Comps are... uh I think it's short for complimentary? I've never actually asked what it's short for hahahaha. They're the free copies they give out to the artist/writer/creator/whatever. I don't even know if I'm going to get any but I really hope so. I kinda find things out last-minute.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice, was wondering what week it was. I'm looking forward to it! hope I can snag a variant 'cause they're rad as heck

Yeah they just revealed Cover C today a couple days ago? It has nothing to do with the story but it's siiick!!

tumblr_n43wbl5gHU1r182lqo1_1280.jpg
by Colman Engle

Isak_Borg

Comps are... uh I think it's short for complimentary? I've never actually asked what it's short for hahahaha. They're the free copies they give out to the artist/writer/creator/whatever. I don't even know if I'm going to get any but I really hope so. I kinda find things out last-minute.

Yeah they just revealed Cover C today a couple days ago? It has nothing to do with the story but it's siiick!!

by Colman Engle

LOL!

I work with Coleman... Good dude!

ElNarez

Banned
I feel the exact opposite. The only fun and enjoyment I'm getting out of the book is coming from the Kate issues. I've lost all interest in Clint and have actually forgotten what his story even is bar the end of the last Clint issue.

I'd pin that one more on the delays than on Aja and Fraction. Like, it's been what? Half a year maybe since he got murdered but not really? If things had worked out better, we'd probably be all up in resolution today and also my dad would come back home.

TOPIC: Is it weird that I'm hella looking forward to Future's End? Like, "Brother Eye has turned all the heroes into spider-robots and it's up to Batman Beyond to fix it" totally sounds like my kind of jam. (But then, so does Geoff Johns' high-concept populism in Forever Evil so maybe I'm a deeply broken individual)

Messi

I'd pin that one more on the delays than on Aja and Fraction. Like, it's been what? Half a year maybe since he got murdered but not really? If things had worked out better, we'd probably be all up in resolution today and also my dad would come back home.

TOPIC: Is it weird that I'm hella looking forward to Future's End? Like, "Brother Eye has turned all the heroes into spider-robots and it's up to Batman Beyond to fix it" totally sounds like my kind of jam. (But then, so does Geoff Johns' high-concept populism in Forever Evil so maybe I'm a deeply broken individual)

Black Canary ... It's still funny.

LOL!

I work with Coleman... Good dude!

Awesome! I just discovered his cover today when trying to figure out when they're releasing the darn thing. Now I'm following him on Tumblr because his art is amazing! I don't know if they send us the variant covers too but I want his!

Edit: Just saw your post about the contest, that's rad! I'd be down to do that too when I get my copies if people want. The comp boxes I've seen at Natasha's are huge, I don't know enough people in real life to give them all away so I'd be happy to send some out if people are interested (assuming I wind up with as many comps as she does).

Where do you two work?

Isak_Borg

Awesome! I just discovered his cover today when trying to figure out when they're releasing the darn thing. Now I'm following him on Tumblr because his art is amazing! I don't know if they send us the variant covers too but I want his!

Edit: Just saw your post about the contest, that's rad! I'd be down to do that too when I get my copies if people want. The comp boxes I've seen at Natasha's are huge, I don't know enough people in real life to give them all away so I'd be happy to send some out if people are interested (assuming I wind up with as many comps as she does).

Where do you two work?

Can't say because I don't want to violate his privacy and probably should just say we randomly see each other everyday.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Free comp copies for everybody! Right guys?

Isak_Borg

I worked in a comic shop for a year and never got a free comp. I know some folks that work @Marvel and DC and they don't even get free comps. Image folks get free comps because they actually pay for the printing of the books.

Can't say because I don't want to violate his privacy and probably should just say we randomly see each other everyday.
I can respect that

If I get any I'd be happy to hold a contest or something!

I worked in a comic shop for a year and never got a free comp. I know some folks that work @Marvel and DC and they don't even get free comps. Image folks get free comps because they actually pay for the printing of the books.

I don't know how Boom does their comps, I just know Natasha has boxes and boxes of Fionna and Cake comics, and since I'm cowriting Puppycat with her I have my fingers crossed that I'll at least get some. Like I said though, I find things out like, after the last minute so who knows? I might not get any. I didn't know I was going to be on the Boom panel at Wondercon until I walked through the door and they told me to get on stage with everyone else, heh.

Just got back from seeing ASM2 and man, I loved it! Andrew Garfield is the perfect Peter Parker. This movie may have made me like Spider-Man more than Batman. It filled me with fun and hope.

Don't know anything about Bee and Puppycat but I'll definitely buy a copy to support you, WordAssassin!

Just finished up the first volume of Morning Glories and I want to know what happens next! Guess I'll look around at the shop the next time I'm in and grab the second volume.

First volume of Revival was great too, definitely gonna read more.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I guess yesterday Warren Ellis posted on Twitter that Transmetropolitan will finally be released in deluxe editions. About time.

For some reason I don't understand, I don't really have any interest in it though... Hunter S. Thompson is one of my favorite authors, but reading a comic about essentially him in the future doesn't really interest me at all. I'm still glad it's being released in deluxe editions though. Haha

I was so hyped for that book and enjoyed vol. 1 but have no clue what the fuck was going on and eventually dropped it.

I still read it because reasons. But I don't even know if this is ever going to make sense. It's pretty out-there, even for Spencer.

Owzers

Morning Glories is the only book i really liked yet dropped, lasted to issue 36. Maybe i'll pick up the deluxe hardcovers when it's all over but mannnnnnnnn you gotta put your thoughts out in a better fashion.

Clippers gonna win

Transmetropolitan is one of those series i never read outside of the first issue that DC (?) had for 99 cents at some point. I liked it but something about the world was a turn off, a little too dirty and depressing.

Don't know anything about Bee and Puppycat but I'll definitely buy a copy to support you, WordAssassin!

Just finished up the first volume of Morning Glories and I want to know what happens next! Guess I'll look around at the shop the next time I'm in and grab the second volume.

First volume of Revival was great too, definitely gonna read more.

Aw thanks! If the story sucks at least the art will be beautiful hahaha.

Here's the pilot of the series the comic is based on/continuing!

Onemic

Perfect. All the Amazing Spiderman issues I've wanted to read before touching Superior(648 - 700) is on sale. Time to throw more money at comixology.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Doubt they're going there for advice. Last issue made it seem like 616 is just the next Earth to bump uglies with their world.

That makes so much sense in hindsight...... I love how they built them up to be a real threat too. I know its unlikely but it would be cool if one survived on the 616 after its all done.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Re-reading More than meets the eye and I'm just about done with Vol. 3.
Series is timeless to me and I love re-reading it.
I find it funny how
Ironfist has an actual lifesize model of Delta Magnus A lifesized model of an actual Cybertronian who is twice Ironfist's size
Dude had such a hobby

You guys really need to get in on this series already.

The best way to promote this Amazing series is to tell people that its the truest spiritual successor to DnA's GotG out right now. Its the Same type of wacky dysfunctional space heroes surviving and thriving against foes way out of their power league
except minus the beautiful green space women of course

I'm about 3 issues into the second arc of Harbinger, and sheesh, what a drop off. Khari Evans has a weird style but i think it fit the book pretty well, though i like Lee Garbett and Barry Kitson fine enough (and Pere Perez, it's like they're bringin in the whole Steph Batgirl art team [now they just need Dustin Nguyen]). Phil Briones is terrrrrrrrrible though, his characters hardly emote and it's just super static. he drew the main character like a frail old man. And I'm not feelin' the characters Dysart's been throwing in, they don't really feel like actual people yet. Hope it picks back up.

Boogiepop

I'll +1 Amazing Spider-Man 2. Just got back from it and really enjoyed it. I don't think it was a perfect movie or anything, but it was definitely fun, and at the bare minimum a lot better than the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom