• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
I like natural light when reading comics.

Matthias_stom_young_man_reading_by_candlelight.jpg

I almost forgot about Talos Principle. I've also got Transformers Devestation from Platinum Games coming out next week.
Well shit we gettin in there. Forgot that was coming out. I don't much follow gaming news anymore.
Legend of Korra was a disappointment, though. Luckily Transformers is being done by the better team over there. Korra was a total B-team effort.
It wasn't that bad. I felt that it was really good mechanically, especially for a game clearly made on a tight budget. It felt really good, and wasn't buggy (as far as I know). Problem is that the rest of the game clearly showed the budgetary restrictions.

I'd like Platinum to tackle that franchise again, but this time actually receive a good-sized budget and some time. It'll be the Avatarverse game I need in my life.
I remember when Carrie Kelly was going to be utilized in the Nu52....

Say what now?

It wasn't that bad. I felt that it was really good mechanically, especially for a game clearly made on a tight budget. It felt really good, and wasn't buggy (as far as I know). Problem is that the rest of the game clearly showed the budgetary restrictions.

It wasn't great, either. I think the controls and the limited scope of the game hurt it. But Korra was made by what is essentially Platinum's b-team. Transformers is not.

When does the 3k1 lady book start?

What's this now about a JL3K1 waifu comic?

Halo 5 runs at 60fps with no dips

7VE4eDH.png

It wasn't great, either. I think the controls and the limited scope of the game hurt it. But Korra was made by what is essentially Platinum's b-team. Transformers is not.

Pretty sure Platinum has more than an A and B team. They make a lot of games. lol

And anyway, no, I don't think that was the problem. I believe it was resources and time.

Asked how he feels about a Wonder Woman/Batman romance, he [Scott Snyder] said he’d “feel very good about that”, and considered it. He knows that he “avoids romance so deeply” in Batman, probably because you know it’s not going to end well. Usually with death or turning into a villain. He’s trying to avoid those “tropes” as far as he can currently. Creating a “real romance” would take time in the Batman mythology. He could definitely “see it”, though, and especially is enthusiastic because Lynda Carter was his first “crush”.
Hm.

Yusssss

Bats x Wondy 5eva

EDIT: More substantially, what he's saying about "setting it up" in the Mythos is interesting, and probably on point. As Bruce is right now (okay, not right-now right-now, but before this latest storyline), setting up a romance with another prominent character would be a terrible idea.

Owzers

i like rpgs where you get to make choices then i dislike them when i find out their choices are lame funnels that don't really make the game different.

100.gif

I don't really care about either these days but at least you can say Halo had a soul. I cared for the characters and I was invested in that world. I couldn't give a shit about Destiny's lore - if any exists. It was fun to play for a while though.

Hagi

I don't think anybody gives a shit about Destiny lore. Even Bungie had the foresight to have everything on cards you earn for a website outside the game. It's all about dat loot.

I say foresight but that game was thrown together so I doubt anything was planned

100.gif

I don't really care about either these days but at least you can say Halo had a soul. I cared for the characters and I was invested in that world. I couldn't give a shit about Destiny's lore - if any exists. It was fun to play for a while though.

that's actually why i care more about destiny. i infused all 6 of my characs with more soul than chief ever had.

like my PS4 exo warlock who used his dark powers to rocket himself to level 25, but blew a hole in his head in the process. or my xbo human warlock, an orphan who snuck into the city and fell in with dead orbit, found a bad juju in the wild and never looked back.

it's just soooooo much more fun. and since i'm in charge it's just pure undiluted awesome every day. that to me is way more soulful than a halo game has ever been to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom