• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know, your efforts are not going to waste over here. I will be reading Atomic Robo sometime soon.

I'm a couple of trades behind (trades which I own), but it's been a very good series from the start.

See Lunchpod? It isn't just Valiant books I don't read. :D

With all the no name stuff on those lists of course the judges would vote for the one thing they recognize.

I was kind of surprised Bitch Planet didn't win anything given how everyone was in a tizzy over how great it is.

Just finished MGS V. *salutes* awesome.

Did you do mission 45 AND 46?

Talking about comics, what the hell ever happened to Walking Dead: The Covers volume 2? I know they had it scheduled for release at one point, but it kept getting pushed back and then nothing. Did they just decide to stop because they include the cover galleries in the regular hardcovers now or what?

Owzers

MGS was a (mostly enjoyable) chore, though. Two weeks is a considerable effort for me. That's up there in JRPG territory. The only thing that takes longer these days are Bethesda RPGs.

i have a feeling when i rent MGS V i'll return it before beating it just because i'll get tired of the missions.

i have a feeling when i rent MGS V i'll return it before beating it just because i'll get tired of the missions.

You will. The missions are actually quite good, with little tedium. The problem is that the side-ops, which are pretty much required (to build funds or unlock certain main missions) at points, are very very tedious.

Owzers

i rented Mad Max ps4 from Redbox because they gave me a free day, i presume it's a trap to get me addicted to it but little do they know how many things i dislike.

I suck at MGS5 GH...I need that damn soloton radar...

Play until you get D-Dog. He's the best buddy as he's pretty much a portable radar. He'll mark all enemy, prisoner, and equipment locations when everything is still a good distance away from you. Those doggy senses.

Tizoc

Play until you get D-Dog. He's the best buddy as he's pretty much a portable radar. He'll mark all enemy, prisoner, and equipment locations when everything is still a good distance away from you. Those doggy senses.

Sorry I meant Ground Zeroes ^^;
Thanks for the PP info though!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I feel horrible because I have no reason to use Quiet :D
D-Horse is at least good for travel, but using Quiet and D-Walker make no real sense for me.

Sorry I meant Ground Zeroes ^^;
Thanks for the PP info though!

oh, Ground Zeroes I pretty much just finished the main mission, then was out.

I feel horrible because I have no reason to use Quiet :D
D-Horse is at least good for travel, but using Quiet and D-Walker make no real sense for me.

D-Walker doesn't matter because he's an it. But if you want to unlock mission 46 (you want to unlock mission 46) you'll need to max out Quiet's friendship level.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
D-Walker doesn't matter because he's an it. But if you want to unlock mission 46 (you want to unlock mission 46) you'll need to max out Quiet's friendship level.
Is the relationship getting lower when I dont use buddys? The I will use her for the next couple lf missions instead of D-Dog...

Tizoc

Hmm off the top of my head these are the games I plan on playing over the coming month
Samurai Warriors 4-2
TF: Devastation
Armikrog

Also finally replaying Megaman Legends 1 :p

MGO when

January for pc, that's when :(

Until then, Splatoooon

Woomy.

16d.gif

Hmm off the top of my head these are the games I plan on playing over the coming month
Samurai Warriors 4-2
TF: Devastation
Armikrog

Also finally replaying Megaman Legends 1 :p

I can only play one DW-style game like, every six months. They're too repetitive otherwise. And I've got Dragon Quest Heroes lined up as my next musou game.

Owzers

I want wasteland 2 and divinity original sin for ps4 since I don't play on my laptop. Those rentals, then Star Wars battlefront ps4. Also, comics.

Tizoc

I can only play one DW-style game like, every six months. They're too repetitive otherwise. And I've got Dragon Quest Heroes lined up as my next musou game.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiii totally forgot about DQ Heroes ToT
I've put over 20 hours into One Piece Musou 3 on Steam, and I can't believe I'm gonn quickly jump into SW 4-2 if I keep playing it for hours more @o@

Seeing as DQ Heroes is releasing on PS4, I'll get it along with Talos Principle after trading in some games (got some 3DS games I'm more than willing to trade off after finishing)

So, finished that Batgirl of Burnside volume. Was pretty good, overall. Writing's a tad clumsy in places, but there's some great ideas in there and some solid dialogue, to boot. Gotta question how oblivious the cop boyfriend is, though. "Hey, this girl I just met (who is also my boss's boss's boss's boss's daughter) is sharing all sorts of crazy secrets with me, but only over the phone. That seems normal. Yeah. I should probably not ever directly discuss that stuff." Art is, as has been repeatedly mentioned around here, the absolute high point. I'll probably snag the next volume when that drops.

One sorta tangent that I wanted to hop on which occurred to me during the read: I get the sense that neither DC editorial nor the writers really have much of a clue how to tie Batgirl into the Bat-mythos/family, or even if they want to. It's almost Batwoman-esque in a way, like if she'd just picked the motif out of a hat, and never met the rest of the Bats, not much'd be different. Hell, in this book they make a point of saying that she's always been Batgirl, before she'd ever put on the costume or met Bruce. It feels a little... awkward, I guess. The character doesn't have to lean on the rest of the family, but rejecting the legacy entirely feels wrong too.

We 'bout this.

Damn straight.

War of Kings is pretty good so far. Medusa and Black Bolt, though...I love them to death, but they're being huge assholes in this book. It seems weird, even for them.
They did a motion comic of all of Astonishing. There was also Iron Man: Extremis and a Spider-Woman mini. They're not great.

Also, if any future ones are like the recent DC movies, they can keep them.

I strongly dislike motion comics, so I refuse to watch those. They feel like a mere halfway, and I'm not a fan.

The only recent DC film I watched was Gods and Monsters, which I liked a lot. I know the more recent ones have gotten a lot of flak, but I'm going to watch them soonish.

Well, I just bought 25 issues of the Cass Batgirl stuff. Hope I enjoy it.

I've read a good amount of Batgirl now that I think about it. I have more than 60 issues across the different series on Comixology now. So far Steph is my favorite but maybe that'll change after this.

Well, I just bought 25 issues of the Cass Batgirl stuff. Hope I enjoy it.

I've read a good amount of Batgirl now that I think about it. I have more than 60 issues across the different series on Comixology now. So far Steph is my favorite but maybe that'll change after this.

Steph da bes

Reading scott pilgrim, marveling at the writing.

Scott goes and uses my de facto line on ramona.

Felt weird.

Also six gun gorilla was pretty great.

I think you can tell them and they'll put an extra month of Prime in your account.

They do but like if I have to constantly wait 4-5 days to receive my package that I'm paying prime for then why the hell would I even bother? Like I'm paying for them to take as long as their free shipping. I'm even in a place that I should be getting even faster shipments than before since it's in the one of the markets that has same day delivery yet it now takes even more time. I really have to just boycott them already. So frustrating.

I've looked into it and it looks like the sub box issues were about 9k.

62257975.jpg

I played five hours of Mad Max just now. Got all of Gutgash cleared. My eyes hurt something fierce at the moment. It's not a brilliant game, but I really enjoy it for some reason.

Also, winter games list:
- Sword Coast Legends
- Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide
- Transformers Devastation
- Fallout 4
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Minecraft: Story Mode (probably wait for sale)
- Vomiting money at Steam for the Halloween/Winter sales

Then the long wait for XCOM 2. I also found my Vita yesterday, I should probably buy a few more games before they all get taken down.

In comics news, read Gotham Academy, it's really good and I'll now be sad when it gets canned.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone read the latest Superman?

Why did Lois do what she did? Seemed stupid and out of character

Anyone read the latest Superman?

Why did Lois do what she did? Seemed stupid and out of character

She
exposed his identity so he couldn't be blackmailed with it any more.

Seems perfectly reasonable and in-character to me. Though admittedly the
power draining robots
thing was a little on-the-nose. Would've worked better if the primary conflict was mostly internal, Superman agonizing over
whether or not to do whatever the demand was to maintain his identity
, IMO. There's probably gonna be some longer-term plot stuff that'll justify that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom