• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming soon to XboxGamePass: Immortality, Tinykin, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and More!

Javthusiast

Banned
Noice Split Depth GIF by MOODMAN
Happy Season 2 GIF by The Good Place

reksveks

Looks like the images and photogrammetry used in Hellblade 2.
The two rock features in front of the large one are too perfectly aligned imo. I think it's Death Stranding. I wonder if this is the trailer Kojima is cutting.

Man just loves his Death Stranding trailers.

Orbital2060

The two rock features in front of the large one are too perfectly aligned imo. I think it's Death Stranding. I wonder if this is the trailer Kojima is cutting.

Man just loves his Death Stranding trailers.

I dont know if the rocks are supposed to mean something. But the images might as well be from Hellblade. They kinda share the same aesthetics as Death Stranding, but darker and grimmer.

Zrs7I5D.png

reksveks

I dont know if the rocks are supposed to mean something. But the images might as well be from Hellblade. They kinda share the same aesthetics as Death Stranding, but darker and grimmer.

Zrs7I5D.png
Not talking about solely about the design of the rocks; talking about the position.

nn8bZg6.png

IMO there isn't really a question about the source but maybe there is more question marks about the meaning

DaGwaphics

Not talking about solely about the design of the rocks; talking about the position.

nn8bZg6.png

IMO there isn't really a question about the source but maybe there is more question marks about the meaning

Yeah, it would be kind of cheeky for Ninja Theory to prominently showcase that identical rock formation. LOL

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Can you imagine coming to every Gamepass thread to put a laugh emoji in any positive comments when you don’t even own an Xbox?

I’m thinking Ezekiel_ needs a ban. This guy has been a troll and toxic around here for far too long. He doesn’t even articulate a counter opinion.

Must be mental illness. Hope they get the help they need.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Zrs7I5D.png

Aesthetics are similar, but that screen grab the PC Game Pass is using is a direct 1 : 1 location capture from Death Stranding.

See the gif below for a back and forth comparison.

Last edited:

nikos

Gold Member
Looking forward to Midnight Fight Express. Never finished Immortals Fenyx Rising, so I'll probably get back to it at some point.

Last edited:
Well MFE is a bit more low budget than I expected. Hits dont feel amazing. Sound is low budget. Graphics are basic.

But after about 30 min you see all the varied upgrade options available for additional moves. Pretty extensive for a beat em up. Cautiously optimistic so far.

Im just skipping all the text. Story seems pretty pointless.

This is definitely a 7/10 at best. But hopefully a pretty deep beat em up with some core issues on polish missing. I like that you're able to pick up guns. Mixing them in feels fun.

Last edited:
The Xbox program/gamepass thing on my PC is sooooooo sloooooow. I don't use this thing much and now Just to install Death Stranding It feels like the program is running all kinds of crypto mining in the background or something. Why is this such a bad experience?

So within 10 min my opinion is already improving a lot lol. You have to unlock a few moves and costumes and suddenly the game is extremely fun. And you can replay levels for high scores and challenges and set it to auto disable all the dialogue. Fantastic. Up to an 8/10 now lol. Long way to go.

And now I can beat level 1 without getting hit and got an S rank. There is definitely a little bit of a learning curve.

Last edited:

T-Cake

So within 10 min my opinion is already improving a lot lol. You have to unlock a few moves and costumes and suddenly the game is extremely fun. And you can replay levels for high scores and challenges and set it to auto disable all the dialogue. Fantastic. Up to an 8/10 now lol. Long way to go.

And now I can beat level 1 without getting hit and got an S rank. There is definitely a little bit of a learning curve.

Yeah, I'm enjoying Midnight Fight Express, too. Just did the tutorial level and can't quite manage to get the blocks/counter-attacks right yet. But I'll definitely keep playing it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Makes no difference to me. I've usually played the games I'm interested in long before they leave.
I kinda hate this opinion.

"it doesn't bother me so fuck everyone else"

Not everyone has infinite time in the world, or maybe join the service at a later time, where they aren't capable of playing the games they want 14 days before the game disappears.

At least a month should be the norm. I started hades earlier this month because of the rumors about it leaving. I enjoyed it, for sure, but I kept having the feel of the need to complete it as fast as possible, killing some of the fun.

Ozriel

M$FT
The Xbox program/gamepass thing on my PC is sooooooo sloooooow. I don't use this thing much and now Just to install Death Stranding It feels like the program is running all kinds of crypto mining in the background or something. Why is this such a bad experience?

No idea why Spencer won’t just get some folks to fix that app or make a new one.

Single biggest impediment to PC Gamepass, and you’d think they’d carve out some cash from their marketing budget to just fix the store so word of mouth can help them

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The store update in Windows 11 has made the client much better imo.

But their main focus is xbox.

Bragr

Banned
Do you have a VPN? my vpn slows it to a crawl, really annoying they haven't optimized for that.

Yeah, I'm enjoying Midnight Fight Express, too. Just did the tutorial level and can't quite manage to get the blocks/counter-attacks right yet. But I'll definitely keep playing it.
The counter is bizarre, and was part of why I wasn't enjoying the game initially. It feels odd. It only pops up when you do a perfectly timed block at the moment of impact. Then keep holding it, and awkwardly press LB when the prompt comes up. It's super weird.

But the good news is that the very first upgrade in the parry skill tree is a normal, easy to use counter that's 100x better. Odd choice. Even basic things like a grab are upgrades.

T-Cake

The counter is bizarre, and was part of why I wasn't enjoying the game initially. It feels odd. It only pops up when you do a perfectly timed block at the moment of impact. Then keep holding it, and awkwardly press LB when the prompt comes up. It's super weird.

But the good news is that the very first upgrade in the parry skill tree is a normal, easy to use counter that's 100x better. Odd choice. Even basic things like a grab are upgrades.

Yeah, I saw that counter/parry as a skill option and I was thinking why is that there when we can already do it? Happy to hear it sorts that out. I picked combo punch as my first upgrade.

Loved Immortals, even my wife liked it (non-gamer for the most part). If you haven't played it and like the Ubisoft style it's great.

Top Bottom