• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Lou

Panama's complaint:

http://www.fepafut.com/noticias_detail.asp?id=4314

Bing translation:
FEPAFUT requires complete removal of the Arbitration Commission of the CONCACAF
Before insulting arbitration during the Gold Cup changes are urgent
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 / by: Grace e. Adam / Fepafut.com

The Panama's Football Federation (FEPAFUT), before insulting and shameful arbitration that has been given during the Gold Cup, specifically against the selection of Panama, to favour, vulgar and shameless way to the Mexican national team, requires the full removal of the members of the Arbitration Commission of the CONCACAF.
Given this Wednesday in the semifinal before Mexico match, turned out to be the drop that spilled the glass of a repetitive situation that occurred from the first game of our selection during the group stage and continued during the following dates that we saw action.
We demand a prompt response to this request is given since it debunks all the effort and sacrifice that made every one of our players to wear the national shirt, the work of our staff, as well as planning to level dirigenciales.
It was clear and the world is witness to this, that the Panamanian selection was superior to the Mexico on the Court. The opponent had no case to counteract the good order technical and tactical Panamanians so that, with the clear intention of harming our eleventh football, the referee of this match became the main protagonist to expel unjustifiably to our forward Luis Tejada and invent a criminal completely non-existent just a minute from the end of the party sending the same time extras when everything indicated that Panama would play the final before Jamaica.
It is mainly for the players, coaching staff, their families, each of the members of selection and, finally, by the illusion of an entire country, we make public our discontent with arbitration decisions that have harmed not only our selection but other eleventh as Costa Rica which was also a victim of this situation.
Bad refereeing of CONCACAF left our selection out of the final of the Gold Cup 2015 so whole Panama deplores the poor performance of the arbitration body of the CONCACAF and trusts that the necessary measures to avoid a repetition of such situations in the future will be taken.
Prevailing is making these changes to conduct the most important maxim of football: the fair play.

Blue Lou

Some more news:

CONCACAF Gold Cup Disciplinary Committee Levies Sanctions in Mexico, Panama and United States Cases

Miami (Friday, July 24, 2015) - The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) announced today that its Gold Cup Disciplinary Committee has levied fines and sanctions in cases involving the Panamanian national team, players from Panama and the United States, and the Head Coach of Mexico.

Following a thorough review of the official match report and video footage from the Gold Cup 2015 semifinal match disputed between Panama and Mexico, in Atlanta on Wednesday evening, the Panamanian Football Federation was fined an undisclosed amount for team misconduct both on and off the field.

Additionally, Panamanian player Jaime Penedo was suspended two matches for pushing the assistant referee following the conclusion of the match. The first game of the suspension will be served for Saturday’s Gold Cup 2015 third place match, and the second game for Panama’s next official senior national team game. Fellow Panamanian player Luis Tejada was also sanctioned with a two-match ban, one match for the red card received in the semifinal match and an additional match for failing to leave the field in a timely manner following the ejection.

The Gold Cup Disciplinary Committee also levied fines of undisclosed amounts on Mexican national team Head Coach Miguel Herrera and United States player Michael Bradley, for infractions of the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2015 Media Regulations for Participating Member Associations.

The CONCACAF Gold Cup 2015 concludes this weekend in Philadelphia, when the United States takes on Panama in the third-place match at PPL Park on Saturday afternoon, followed by the Grand Final Sunday evening at Lincoln Financial Field, featuring Jamaica and Mexico.

Eila

^ Calling the tournament ridiculous. We all know the Gold cup is srs bussiness.

Surprised Panama got away with so little. If the ref reported aggression on him the penalties are usually very severe, even if it was only a push. I guess CONCACAF and their federation reached an agreement or something.

Darknight

Why did Bradly and Piojo do bad? (wait they got fined but stating fact? lol)

Also its shitty that a mistreated team can still be kept being punished. Panama got their chance stolen unfairly "so shut the fuck up Panama, just take it" must be CONCACAF's official stance.

Snorlocs

NoRéN;172822766 said:
Ran into the dudes I always bet with at the bar nearby so I asked them how they felt about the way their team made it to the final yesterday.

Of course they couldn't answer without a dig at me.

"Not a win you could be proud of. Still, better than losing to Jamaica!"

Quick-witted for a bunch of pensioners.

This offended me and made me lol at the same time. Good job

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bradley and Herrera got fined for telling the truth? Panama is right, CONCACAF needs an overhaul. Shit is hilariously corrupt.

NoRéN

This offended me and made me lol at the same time. Good job
The way the dude said it, there was no hint of him being about to make a comment directed at me. It was great. All part of our friendly banter. If anything, it's the solitary dude from El Salvador that gets the brunt of it all.

Bradley being fined for speaking is stupid.

CKxg8NDVAAAbl6v.png

hom3land

How is the Mexican federation never punished for their fans behavior? Throwing projectiles and covering opponents with green lasers is not acceptable.

Also, They need instant replay. If it's a penalty kick, take a minute to make sure it's the right call. They all stand around for a few minutes after the penalty is called anyways.

How is the Mexican federation never punished for their fans behavior? Throwing projectiles and covering opponents with green lasers is not acceptable.

Uh, it's a game hosted in the US with fans from four different teams in the same game. Its impossible to know who threw what

Typically the host gets sanctioned for failing to provide adequate security. The question is, why did the host drop the ball at multiple stadiums? And should they be allowed to host again?

Also, They need instant replay. If it's a penalty kick, take a minute to make sure it's the right call. They all stand around for a few minutes after the penalty is called anyways.

The technology has to exist for quick penalty kick reviews to take place. Kind of like how targeting gets immediately reviewed in college football.

Bradley was fined because he shit on the 3rd place game.

There is a picture of a player from Panama kicking the ref at the end of the game floating around on the web. I don't think he was one of the two already suspended. I figure after the tourney is done more bans will be doled out.

SSPssp

Hey, is the 3rd place match only on Univision in the USA? I don't understand why its not on Fox. Wish I spoke Spanish.

xbhaskarx

Germany vs Uruguay in 2010 was like the best game of the tournament.
Even Netherlands vs Brazil in 2014 was entertaining for the continuation of the Brazilian meltdown...

I should have specified that most 3rd place games suck, I figure the world cup is an entirely different beast in that regard.

xbhaskarx

I should have specified that most 3rd place games suck, I figure the world cup is an entirely different beast in that regard.

Yeah we don't really have any idea based on recent Gold Cups. At least there's plenty of drama surrounding both these teams and how they got here... Fox must be happy.

xbhaskarx

I thought Zusi would get to that... does he just jog around or is he actually that slow.

So far we've had goals cleared off the line by Ream and FJ...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not gonna excuse Mexico's fans, but this stuff happens in stadiums run by the USSF and security never seems work with people invading the pitch from the sidelines.

xbhaskarx

LOL 1-0... could be 3 or 4 really (Ream clearance, blown 1 on 1 with Guzan, FJ clearance...)

Great job by Brooks there, pretending to be a defender...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom