• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA EURO 2024 |OT| Es Kommt Nach Hause

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
3989606-80967828-2560-1440.jpg

You know what's coming

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Job done.

I knew Neto was a good call up to the squad, coming from an injury.

Premier League Football GIF by Wolves

Czech Republic executed their game plan well though, they created enough moments to score another goal.

Denton

Annoying to see lead and then lose to such stupid two self-inflicted goals.

Last edited:

T8SC

Germany through, but will Scotland still be in the competition after this game?

Edit: Well done Scotland!

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Italy v Spain

Should be defence v attack then.

England were shocking. Subs were good but late. Rice should have got the hook 30 mins in. And Foden was fucking awful the P!nk lookalike

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My big bet of the Euros is Watkins getting subbed in and scoring, got a little closer to that today. Overall pretty shocking, TAA asleep at the wheel, even Bellingham not looking great. Guehi and Walker carrying a bit.

T8SC

Guehi was the only player who can hold their head up after that dismal performance. No left side again, unbalanced midfield, no energy, a RB playing as CM. Just play people in their proper positions Gareth! It's not rocket science.

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Guehi, Shaw (If fit, otherwise, since you brought no alternative you useless prick, Trippier)
Rice, Mainoo
Saka, Bellingham, Gordon/Palmer
Kane

@GarethSouthgate

Yes, drop Foden or switch him for Bellingham and drop him (But that won't happen).

T8SC

France Vs Netherlands coming up later, it'll be interesting if the favourites show us why they're the favourites... Or will they do an England....

Group E looks interesting though, Belgium need to get their shit together when they take on the mighty Romania.

T8SC

But instead, you have Memphis and Wout.

To think, Netherlands once had the likes of Kluivert, Bergkamp, Seedorf, De Boer, Davids, Van Persie, Van Basten, Rijkaard etc and now you have Cody Gakpo, Memphis Depay and Wout Weghorst. What happened to Dutch football?

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Netherlands looked good. Unlucky to have that goal disallowed as I don't think the keeper would have been able to save it, even if the offside player wasn't blocking the potential dive.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
What a shitty match. So disappointed with France, Deschamps OUT please and Zidane IN.

Netherlands looked good. Unlucky to have that goal disallowed as I don't think the keeper would have been able to save it, even if the offside player wasn't blocking the potential dive.
I'm French and me and my friends are thinking the same.

Last edited:

T8SC

Genuinely surprised by the Netherlands. Its odd to see such a good defense but I think their attack lacks that killer instinct, just cant rely on Memphis & Wout. Interesting decision with the offside though, commentators seemed to think they were looking for a way to disallow it rather than look at it properly. Was he really blocking the keeper? Keeper didnt look like he was going to dive whether he was there or not, he was unsighted due to the crowd of players the ball came through. Unlucky Netherlands.

France not as strong as everyone thought? Same results as England so far, the two "favourites".

I also seen this earlier:

2016:
Man Utd win FA Cup
Real Madrid win UCL
Iceland beat England
Portugal win Euro 2016

2024:
Man Utd win FA Cup
Real Madrid win UCL
Iceland beat England

... I've said from the start, Portugal are my outsiders to win. (Outside the two favourites).

What a shitty match. So disappointed with France, Deschamps OUT please and Zidane IN.

I'm French and me and my friends are thinking the same.

ZIdane has only managed a world class Real Madrid team (Twice). I rank him the same as Pep, very good with a very good team. Lets see what he can do with Everton. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

T8SC

Last day of the 3, different timed, game days. :messenger_pensive:

Georgia Vs Czech Rep - 14:00
Turkey Vs Portugal - 17:00
Belgium Vs Romania - 20:00

All UK times.

Will Belgium turn up?

Last edited:

T8SC

Unfortunate goals but at least you're on course to progress.

Let's go Romania ❤️

Our team may not have superstars but we have heart and we have the loudest most passionate fans!

You've had a fair few of those other the years though, Gheorge Hagi was a magician.

There's been a few upsets already, Belgium are most certainly not playing their best football ... Could be another upset tonight and the underdog to win...

Hopefully a good game for the neutrals.

FeralEcho

Unfortunate goals but at least you're on course to progress.

You've had a fair few of those other the years though, Gheorge Hagi was a magician.

There's been a few upsets already, Belgium are most certainly not playing their best football ... Could be another upset tonight and the underdog to win...

Hopefully a good game for the neutrals.
Yes we've had amazing players over the years,guys like:

Hagi,Mutu,Chivu etc.

But currently our team is kind of devoid of that one person who can pull some magic trick and turn things around on their own but nonetheless they are very motivated so we hope for the best.

T8SC

Yes we've had amazing players over the years,guys like:

Hagi,Mutu,Chivu etc.

But currently our team is kind of devoid of that one person who can pull some magic trick and turn things around on their own but nonetheless they are very motivated so we hope for the best.

I'd usually cheer on the underdog, but I got Belgium in a sweepstake, so there's money riding on this. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just as I went to press reply.... 🙈

FeralEcho

Belgium fully deserved that win.Congratz!

Our first half was awful,second half was better but some players like Stanciu were completely absent the whole game,coach should've subbed him out at the end of the first half,he looked tired and needed rest for next match.

T8SC

Belgium fully deserved that win.Congratz!

Our first half was awful,second half was better but some players like Stanciu were completely absent the whole game,coach should've subbed him out at the end of the first half,he looked tired and needed rest for next match.

Some of your players showed some sparkle, I'm confident you'll progress from the group in second. Belgium finally decided to show up but I can't see them going very far in the tournament, quarter finals if they're lucky unless they drastically improve.

Moving onto Round 3 of the group phase now, I'll update the topic later with the latest positions, including those all important third place places.

Last edited:

T8SC

The final round of the group phase begins tomorrow, here's how things stand.​

Group A​

TeamGPWDLFAGDPtsForm
1678.png
Germany
22007166Won 5-1 against Scotland Won 2-0 against Hungary
1660.png
Switzerland
21104224Won 3-1 against Hungary Drew 1-1 with Scotland
499.png
Scotland
201126-41Lost 1-5 to Germany Drew 1-1 with Switzerland
493.png
Hungary
200215-40Lost 1-3 to Switzerland Lost 0-2 to Germany

Group B​

PTeamGPWDLFAGDPtsForm
999.png
Spain
22004046Won 3-0 against Croatia Won 1-0 against Italy
717.png
Italy
21012203Won 2-1 against Albania Lost 0-1 to Spain
5536.png
Albania
201134-11Lost 1-2 to Italy Drew 2-2 with Croatia
2489.png
Croatia
201125-31Lost 0-3 to Spain Drew 2-2 with Albania

Group C​

PTeamGPWDLFAGDPtsForm
497.png
England
21102114Won 1-0 against Serbia Drew 1-1 with Denmark
986.png
Denmark
20202202Drew 1-1 with Slovenia Drew 1-1 with England
6605.png
Slovenia
20202202Drew 1-1 with Denmark Drew 1-1 with Serbia
498.png
Serbia
201112-11

Group D​

PTeamGPWDLFAGDPtsForm
631.png
Netherlands
21102114Won 2-1 against Poland Drew 0-0 with France
619.png
France
21101014Won 1-0 against Austria Drew 0-0 with Netherlands
992.png
Austria
21013213Lost 0-1 to France Won 3-1 against Poland
629.png
Poland
200225-30Lost 1-2 to Netherlands Lost 1-3 to Austria

Group E​

PTeamGPWDLFAGDPtsForm
997.png
Belgium
21012113Lost 0-1 to Slovakia Won 2-0 against Romania
823.png
Romania
21013213Won 3-0 against Ukraine Lost 0-2 to Belgium
6601.png
Slovakia
21012203Won 1-0 against Belgium Lost 1-2 to Ukraine
6272.png
Ukraine
210124-23Lost 0-3 to Romania Won 2-1 against Slovakia

Group F​

PTeamGPWDLFAGDPtsForm
5539.png
Portugal
22005146Won 2-1 against Czech Republic Won 3-0 against Turkey
1661.png
Turkey
210134-13Won 3-1 against Georgia Lost 0-3 to Portugal
6318.png
Czech Republic
201123-11Lost 1-2 to Portugal Drew 1-1 with Georgia
6527.png
Georgia
201124-21

Third Place Standings:

image_bd6283.png

T8SC

Chaotic last 10 minutes from both teams, unlucky Scotland.

However, it didn't look good for the Hungarian player who went down injured. Hopefully he's ok, far too reminiscent of Eriksen for Denmark with the shield of players.

Update - He's suffered a fractured cheek bone but conscious & stable.

Last edited:

T8SC

People don't venture out of Off-Topic much it seems. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, France didn't even top their group! Considering they're the favourites, they now have a much more difficult route to the final and it means England shouldn't face them until the final if they both get there.

One change tonight for England, TAA out, Gallacher in. So we'll continue to have no width on the left. What's wrong with Gordon who's had a great season? Why is Palmer being overlooked? What about Mainoo or Wharton in alongside Rice who I reckon are both better than Gallacher.

Time for another song...

Last edited:

Fret Runner

Hoping for a good performace tonight from England, but shit, the last few games have sank most of the hope/hype.
Ehh scew it, the never ending ride of dissapointment that comes from supporting England will never end. Might aswell enjoy it while we can.
We will win something eventually someday....Maybe...hopefully....Well, the dream will never die atleast.

It's Still coming home though, Logic and Southgate strats be damned!! *pointlessly throws pint up into the air and starts singing Tubthumping*

Fret Runner

Wtf is going on with this team.
We were solid in qualifying and now this?

No spark, No hype, No courage to have a charge through mid field. Just small pass small pass, not working? Ok pass back to defence or GK rinse wash fucking repeat. Fucking hope Slovenia get a goal so these fuckers have to pull their fingers out or get put in the harder part of the tournament and get ass blasted by one of those. Jesus Christ Almighty.

T8SC

Wtf is going on with this team.
We were solid in qualifying and now this?

No spark, No hype, No courage to have a charge through mid field. Just small pass small pass, not working? Ok pass back to defence or GK rinse wash fucking repeat. Fucking hope Slovenia get a goal so these fuckers have to pull their fingers out or get put in the harder part of the tournament and get ass blasted by one of those. Jesus Christ Almighty.

A CL winner, several treble winners, POTY in the EPL and top scorer Bundesliga and we're playing like amateurs. Fingers do need pointed at Southgate. I don't believe they've "downed tools" for the national team.

No width, Foden is always coming inside.
Kane is dropping far too deep he's barely even a striker anymore.
Trippier can't go forward or cross because he's playing on the wrong side.
Gallagher is awful and needs subbed for Mainoo.

Need Gordon brought on for width and Im starting to think not bringing Rashford was a mistake as was not bringing another actual LB since Shaw still isn't fit let alone match fit.

Let's see what happens in the second half. Need to be more confident, no offence Slovenia but they're not Spain or France!

Top Bottom