• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra is Back Again in Operation Galuga

T-0800

It at least looks Contra. I'll pick it up. Not sure about the cut scenes and some of the character choices but it still looks close enough.

If it's anywhere close to Contra 4 on the DS (which got it right), I'll be happy.

Since Bill and Lance are supposed to be Arnold and Stallone, this was a missed opportunity to have the female characters look like Ripley and Sarah Connor.
If you play Arcade mode you don't get any of the cutscenes and voiceovers. I don't really like the look of this game (has grown on me a little bit) but I can't deny it is a lot of fun to play.

Chastten

Banned
Generally not sensitive to technical stuff but somehow the demo feels unresponsive on Switch? Like there's a little delay in everything or something. It just feels off.

Gonna see if it's better on Steam this week.

Katatonic

Copped this yesterday and loving it. Sublime runnin' n' gunnin. Wayforward is right on point in the Contra feel dept.
Art direction can look great at times too. Shattered Soldier had a grittier aesthetic but this is like a cross between that and 4.

Wonko_C

Contra hasn't been good since 3
Jo03lVv.gif

-Contra: Hard Corps
-Contra: Shattered Soldier
-Contra 4
-Hard Corps: Uprising

These games would like to have a word with you. :p

Needlecrash

Just got it this weekend. Hard....and fun! Just how I remembered it. I'm enjoying it at the moment. Game is 30% off at Green Man Gaming for PC.

Svejk

This game rules. Great nods to prior entries. Playing with the 8-bit OST is where it's at. A bit overpriced, but anyone who likes Contra of old should definitely pick it up.

Top Bottom