• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

ty_hot

KidA Seven said:
So Brazil has a chance to host Confederations, World, and Americas tournament??

Jesus christ... fuck you Brazil. You lucky bastards.

We had the Pan American games, then now Conf, World, America and also the Olypmpics

You guys cant imagine how rich the politicians are getting in here with all that money rolling over

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Regulus Tera said:
Is it true Grondona is looking for Bianchi to take over Argentina?
I don't see Bianchi coaching the NT unless Grondona dies or someone else takes over.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
alterno69 said:
Looks like there will be a real America's tournament for Brasil 2015, at least there seem to be negotiatons going on which is great, talks about a 16 team tournament with the smaller CONCACAF teams playing a prequalifying round like they do for Gold Cup.

Would be epic if they manage to make it happen.
It's the most obvious fucking thing to do, it'll be epic indeed if it happens.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So Uruguay has now beaten Argentina as the 2nd best national team in South America, right?

Two World Cups
Two Gold Olympic Medals
Fifteen Copas América
One Mundialito

versus

Two World Cups
Two Gold Olympic Medals
Fourteen Copas América
One Confederations Cup

Salsa

Regulus Tera said:
So Uruguay has now beaten Argentina as the 2nd best national team in South America, right?

Two World Cups
Two Olympic Medals.
Fifteen Copas América
One Mundialito

versus

Two World Cups
Two Olympic Medals
Fourteen Copas América
One Confederations Cup

Going by career comparissions yeah, you could say that. If we are talking about current facts, i think its pretty clear that we are currently the best team of the Americas though.

also for those talking about WC hosts:

logo2030.jpg

BELIEVE

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I thought that project had moved to a joint bidding between Argentina and Uruguay?

SalsaShark said:
Going by career comparissions yeah, you could say that. If we are talking about current facts, i think its pretty clear that we are currently the best team of the Americas though.

Thought that was given. I meant historically. Hopefully this teaches some humility to the Argentine federation.

neoanarch said:
Its not gonna happen too many obstacles(the CAF in CONCACAF).

Let the Caribbean form their own confederation and let us join CONMEBOL. We would need a new name though.

I suggest CONAMERICA.

Salsa

Regulus Tera said:
Thought that was given. I meant historically. Hopefully this teaches some humility to the Argentine federation.

they're already bitchin, but hey i cant blame them. They're having a tough time in Futbol overall, and of course some of us werent really saying nice things about them either.

The argentinian press (we get all of their sports channels) has been very respectful though, surprised by that.

Regulus Tera said:
I thought that project had moved to a joint bidding between Argentina and Uruguay?

it didnt really "moved on" to anything as much as that its actually the only way possible. We only have one Stadium.

Ostinatto

Sorry for bumping this, but who's making the thread for this year's Copa America?

Are we going to have one right?

i can help with pics and info :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom